• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Sanjuro

Arab, I thought the 360 controller was perfect, but I fond myself preferring the DS4 now. Never used the DS3 though so I dunno what to say about that.d

Not a fan of the Xbone controller though. Was using it the other day. What the hell were they thinking with the bumpers?

I like the Xbone controller more to be honest. Bumpers are a bit weird, but I prefer the analog sticks and the build. Feels like a duke and 360 controller mated.

DS4 is okay though. I think it's preferable for smaller hands as the triggers tire my fingers a bit quickly.

Battery life is absolute trash in the DS4. Takes about three charges to get the life of one Xbone.

How many worlds are there in total? Including worlds that just shake up previous levels. Spoiler your answer, I guess.

Super Mario 3D World spoilerz:
So far I have unlocked 8 worlds, 1 coming after the credits. Not sure if that's it or not. There have been no worlds so far that just reuse previous levels.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not familiar with the GC version. What did it have, more content and better graphics?

Legends is unable to make use of the Dreamcast's external hardware, such as the VMU, to let players know when many treasures or events are near. Instead, this is now indicated in the corner of the screen. The rate of random encounters is slightly lower in the GameCube version but experience points earned are higher per battle to make up for this.

There are not many significant graphical differences between the two versions; even the texture level of detail bias remains the same despite the GameCube's more powerful texturing abilities, however, the majority of character models have gained some additional polygon counts, which are especially apparent on most characters' hands, heads, and torsos. In addition, framerate drops that occurred on the Dreamcast while sailing in certain areas or performing certain super moves or magic have also been largely reduced or eliminated. The GameCube makes use of its improved hardware to reduce game saving and loading times as well as battle sequence loading times. Also, the GameCube version does not require the use of a second disc, whereas the Dreamcast version does. However, in order to fit on the single GameCube disc, the music in Legends is lower quality than in the Dreamcast version.

New content

There are twenty-four new discoveries to be found in exploring in Legends. These are scattered throughout the game and act as a larger source of income for the player. Additionally, inclusion of a subplot involving collecting Moonfish for a Doctor and a young girl named Maria was added. Moonfish, invisible to the naked eye, are placed throughout the game for the player to collect. When prompted by the distinctive sound Moonfish make, Vyse is able to see Moonfish with a special adjustment to his headgear. When returning these Moonfish to the Doc, Maria's bird begins to grow, and is eventually is added to the journal as a Discovery. Another added subplot involving Piastol, a woman who hunts air pirates under the nom de guerre "Angel of Death". Piastol is after Vyse because she mistakenly believes that he killed her father seven years before the story began. She encounters Vyse several times in the game, commonly leading to battles.

A "Wanted List" of enemies to locate while exploring has been added as well, most of them being entirely new to the GameCube version. These enemies are markedly more difficult than the rest of the game (including other boss battles), partly do to the fact that they level up simultaneously as the player's party does, meaning that they will be consistently difficult regardless of the player's current level. Legends also contains a new in-game secret, music tracks for both Nasultan and post-attack Nasr, the best set of swords for Vyse, and a secret boss battle.

The lower quality music was kind of a drag because the soundtrack was great, but the other improvements made it a much more playable game. Easily my favorite RPG ever.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I like the Xbone controller more to be honest. Bumpers are a bit weird, but I prefer the analog sticks and the build. Feels like a duke and 360 controller mated.

DS4 is okay though. I think it's preferable for smaller hands as the triggers tire my fingers a bit quickly.

Battery life is absolute trash in the DS4. Takes about three charges to get the life of one Xbone.

Yeah, for me it feels weird going back to the 360 controller already. I don't really have an issue with the bumpers, but I wonder if they would consider revising them.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The lower quality music was kind of a drag because the soundtrack was great, but the other improvements made it a much more playable game. Easily my favorite RPG ever.

Cool. It has been a long time since I played it, but it would probably be one of top RPGs as well.

edit: the d-pad is better, but not great I think. If you are going to do serious KI playing I would get a fight stick still.

Marvie_3

Banned
Cool. It has been a long time since I played it, but it would probably be one of top RPGs as well.

edit: the d-pad is better, but not great I think. If you are going to do serious KI playing I would get a fight stick still.

I wanna play it again but I can't find my GC memory card. Last time I saw it was when I was playing NHL Hitz 2002 a few months ago but I haven't seen it since.

MS should have continued their trend of ripping of Sega and stolen the Saturn d-pad. Problem solved.

I'm actually preferring the Xbone controller to the DS4 at this point. I thought the bumpers sucked balls at first but it just takes a little getting used to. DS4 controller is great, soooooooooo much better than any other playstation controller and probably the 360 controller as well.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna play it again but I can't find my GC memory card. Last time I saw it was when I was playing NHL Hitz 2002 a few months ago but I haven't seen it since.

MS should have continued their trend of ripping of Sega and stolen the Saturn d-pad. Problem solved.

Saturn Dpad was great.

Arab, I thought the 360 controller was perfect, but I fond myself preferring the DS4 now. Never used the DS3 though so I dunno what to say about that.d

Not a fan of the Xbone controller though. Was using it the other day. What the hell were they thinking with the bumpers?

Love the Xbox One controller, I thought I would hate the bumpers as well since I click more toward the middle but I got used to it pretty fast and love it. I find it even more comfortable than the 360 controller. Though I do want to try a DS4 just to see how it is improved, however I am just not a fan of symmetrical thumb sticks.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Gamecube controller was the best.
But the damn d-pad is too small, and I don't even have big hands.

The 3DS d-pad sucks. Way too clicky and again, too small. Feels like I'm going to break it.

From the NBC Prohockey twitter:

Mason's agent: Price's $33 million contract is 'a very good comparable' http://t.co/J9qiz6WJgN

spit-take-300x390.jpg

Love the Xbox One controller, I thought I would hate the bumpers as well since I click more toward the middle but I got used to it pretty fast and love it. I find it even more comfortable than the 360 controller. Though I do want to try a DS4 just to see how it is improved, however I am just not a fan of symmetrical thumb sticks.

I honestly have never cared either way about the sticks. Both work for me. Never had issues aiming with either. Offset or symmetrical both work for me.

Var

I would love to see him extended at something like 3/12m but with how goalies are getting paid right now.... I don't know. He probably will end up at something like 4/20m.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mason's played well for what? 40 games with the Flyers? If anyone gives him a big contract on that sample after how his career has gone, then they're out of their mind.

Var

Mason's played well for what? 40 games with the Flyers? If anyone gives him a big contract on that sample after how his career has gone, then they're out of their mind.

It's true. 28 games for the flyers now I think. But if he doesn't get extended, what do the flyers do for a starting goalie? Trade for Miller? Not many options out there right now. I just hope we can get a short term deal done for under 5 million. It seems like every goalie deal is breaking the bank lately though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's true. 28 games for the flyers now I think. But if he doesn't get extended, what do the flyers do for a starting goalie? Trade for Miller? Not many options out there right now. I just hope we can get a short term deal done for under 5 million. It seems like every goalie deal is breaking the bank lately though.
I'm just saying that Mason's agent doesn't really have much ground to build his case on here, Flyers should be able to sign him for a reasonable deal. It's not like every GM will be clamoring for him because he's had 30 good games with the Flyers.

Mason does have some leverage with the position the Flyers are in but that contract is hilarious. He'll get slightly more than he deserves or the Flyers will just trade for something.

Var

I'm just saying that Mason's agent doesn't really have much ground to build his case on here, Flyers should be able to sign him for a reasonable deal. It's not like every GM will be clamoring for him because he's had 30 good games with the Flyers.

True

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think a Miller to Flyers would work. But didn't Miller say West ?

Not even sure why they're keeping him. At this point there's no way they're in the playoffs unless they play lights out hockey. Might as well ship him for another first or a first next year to increase their chances of McDavid.

I wonder if they do get another first this year if they could end up with 3 top five picks?

Has any team ever had that many in the top five?

Razorskin

----- ------
I actually think a Miller to Flyers would work. But didn't Miller say West ?

Not even sure why they're keeping him. At this point there's no way they're in the playoffs unless they play lights out hockey. Might as well ship him for another first or a first next year to increase their chances of McDavid.

I wonder if they do get another first this year if they could end up with 3 top five picks?

Has any team ever had that many in the top five?

only in my NHL be a gm.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm actually preferring the Xbone controller to the DS4 at this point. I thought the bumpers sucked balls at first but it just takes a little getting used to. DS4 controller is great, soooooooooo much better than any other playstation controller and probably the 360 controller as well.
That's not saying much. Sony's controllers are fucking shit.

Gamecube controller was the best.

With the exception of the d-pad and z trigger, it's my favorite controller ever.

RC

Banned
I liked the the Dualshock 2 and 3. Although I don't play FPS's on consoles, so that might have something to do with it.
Always been a big fan of the Genesis controller. It was great for fighters, well the six button version anyway.

TUSR

Banned
I liked the the Dualshock 2 and 3. Although I don't play FPS's on consoles, so that might have something to do with it.
Always been a big fan of the Genesis controller. It was great for fighters, well the six button version anyway.

wait, you're not desi?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dominic Moore is a healthy scratch tonight. Benoit Pouliot back in.

Marc Staal is out with "symptoms" related to a "neck issue" after leaving last nights game after he took a shoulder to the chin.

Michael Del Zotto is back in for Staal.

Acid08

Banned
My thoughts exactly. I've been using Playstation controllers since I was 5, it's the default in my mind.

Top Bottom