• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Cake Boss

Banned
Sorry, Cake Boss, but you've lost the right to complain about your new BFF.

BbAfcYBCIAA8nNa.jpg:large

I scored more goals with that jersey on than Peter Regin has.

Ok so of all people to bag skate this dumbass coach decides to bag skate the AHL call up who just played 2 games...... Yeah and our only productive player gets demoted to the 4th line.

Please Kernal explain these moves to me. Pleeeeeaaassseee I seriously dont have the mind of a Jack Adams coach.

Oh and Anderson is starting again for some reason.

mWmpyRX.gif

Also:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 8m

Should learn official salary cap projection for 2014-2015 at Board of Gov's today. Expected to be between $70 and $71 mil.

Time to sign Thornton, Vanek and Phaneuf.

1GmHGpg.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Srsly?

This.

If you think that was absolutely the right call and definitely a penalty shot, I don't know what to say =/ If we're calling taps like that consistently there'd be multiple penalty shots every night across the league.

Not that I even mind. It'd be pretty fuckin fun to watch. But to consider that a normal penalty shot? I don't even.

Sorry if I was being unclear - I agree that it was a laughable call

That's the max Neal could've gotten since it was a phone hearing, right? Still messed up that it isn't a repeat offense just because his last one was 20 months ago, and they drop it at 18. Asshole loves targeting heads.

Surprised to see Halladay retiring. Class act. Best of luck to him.

why is the "repeat offender" label limited to 18 months?

so you can pretty much destroy someone's skull every other season, and never be labeled a repeat offender?

yyzjohn

Banned
Too low but at least it's something. Between this and the Edler hit the NHL is at least taking the tiniest of baby steps forward in punishing hits and not just the result.

They're still treating each hit and basing it off who the players are, what the severity of any injury is etc. Shouldn't matter if you make a dangerous hit against a cement head or a star player, and whether there's an injury or not. Since it was Marchand on the end of the knee and he wasn't injured, Neal only gets 5 games. NHL won't hand out a lengthy suspension until someone is killed on the ice.

Solo

Neal is one of the dirtiest players in the game. Head hunting in the playoffs a year or two back, anyone?

5 games is a joke.

Velcro Fly

Should have doubled that 5 games and then maybe knocked a game off since Marchand wasn't hurt and it's Marchand.

Thornton shouldn't be allowed back until Orpik comes back.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
And that cap will be based on this years revenues

So... maybe $75 million next year with Canadian TV deal? RIP coyotes

I think I saw this morning someone was speculating it would go to about 71 or 72 million for next year. So pretty much right where you're figuring.

Tabris

I'm sorry Leafs and Red Wings fans, but NHL Revealed is going to be much better than 24 / 7, just for the coaches. Babcock and Carlyle are boring. Torts and MacLean are definitely going to make the show great.

I'm sorry Leafs and Red Wings fans, but NHL Revealed is going to be much better than 24 / 7, just for the coaches. Babcock and Carlyle are boring. Torts and MacLean are definitely going to make the show great.

Except for all the censorship on NBC Sports Network is going to ruin the potential. I also bet the production value won't be nearly as good as 24/7, those folks at HBO are great and also know how to pick some music.

Sanjuro

I don't have any faith in programing on NBC's Outdoor Life Network in contrast to a HBO production.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good luck, TUSR!

I'm heading off to get murdered by an organic/biochem final. Goodbye, everyone.

Ochem/biochem? My man! What's your major?

I finished all my school-related stuff last Wednesday muahahahahahahahahaha.

And yeah, our Ochem final lab exam average was something like 20% :lol

Sucks to be going to one of the schools in the top10 hardest grading scales in fucking north America. Shot myself in the foot for grad school a bit there.

EDIT: Found the source, if anyone's interested to see if their school's on it.

Tabris

Except for all the censorship on NBC Sports Network is going to ruin the potential. I also bet the production value won't be nearly as good as 24/7, those folks at HBO are great and also know how to pick some music.

Well it's CBC which I don't believe has the same censorship rules as American networks. It also has the same announcer as 24/7. The trailer seemed to have the exact same production values of 24/7.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
5LGjNf6.jpg

It's time to shake things up again!

Rangers have recalled Arron Asham from Hartford Wolf Pack.

J.T. Miller sent back down to Hartford. Really? J.T. and not Pyatt/Pouliot?

lupinko

Well NHLGAF, LeafsGAF, VancouverGAF, and ex-TorontoPatGAF, looks like I'm moving to Japan soon since I got upgraded for JET. =)

Just wanted to share that as this is certainly a big day for me.

Top Bottom