• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
why is the "repeat offender" label limited to 18 months?

so you can pretty much destroy someone's skull every other season, and never be labeled a repeat offender?
Seriously, what the fuck is this? NHL is embarrassing itself with incidents like this, he should have gotten 15+ games. When are they going to realize that 5 games suspensions aren't deterrents?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seriously, what the fuck is this? NHL is embarrassing itself with incidents like this, he should have gotten 15+ games. When are they going to realize that 5 games suspensions aren't deterrents?

When somebody breaks their spine.

Wait, that already happened multiple times?

When someone's career ends.

Also already happened? Ffs...

When somebody dies.

fallout

why is the "repeat offender" label limited to 18 months?

so you can pretty much destroy someone's skull every other season, and never be labeled a repeat offender?
I think it's actually in the CBA. Not that it's not stupid, but everyone (that matters) agreed to it.

Red_Man

It will take a death or something close before this is revamped. Thorton shouldn't see the ice again this season, but will probably only get 10-15 games.

I think it's actually in the CBA. Not that it's not stupid, but everyone (that matters) agreed to it.
This is part of the problem, the NHLPA doesn't help protect it's own players.

ShaneB

It's snowing! Just a cm so far, but if this keeps up, we may get two! Ugh, was hoping for more than a dusting.

io5viPGWiOucQ.gif

Sanjuro

Repeat offender is the only thing that regularly seems to stick, so the notion that there is a cut-off mark is pretty absurd.

Comparing to other incidents, the victim's injury, are both a couple things which regularly become hypocritical when discussing these problems. So, that's why it will always become a joke.

Also, the NHLPA will never play ball with anything significant. e.g. a steroid based suspension program towards hits.

Heretic

Kessel is likely to be suspended at least a game for his blindside hit. I was looking for this since it happened.

iv6SNOYSSsI6q.gif

He's looking in that direction the whole time... You see that a lot with people who all full of themselves.

I'M TOO GOOD TO MOVE

Sanjuro

He's looking in that direction the whole time... You see that a lot with people who all full of themselves.

I'M TOO GOOD TO MOVE

I don't get that at all. I just see a socially awkward Kessel who is attempting to communicate to Phaneuf, then going OOPS at the last moment.

"Hey, dude. Do you think that girl who reached for the doughnut at the same time real...OOOOOOF"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'M TOO GOOD TO MOVE

I don't get that at all. I just see a socially awkward Kessel who is attempting to communicate to Phaneuf, then going OOPS at the last moment.

"Hey, dude. Do you think that girl who reached for the doughnut at the same time real...OOOOOOF"

If anything, it kinda looks like ol Dion there gives him a bit of a check...

HE KNEW HE WAS THERE!! DRAMA IN LEAFS LOCKER ROOM! 24/7!

Solo

According to Dreger, Team Canada has finally wised up and realized that one of the top 5 D-men in the world might be worth one of the eight Team Canada slots, and Subban is finally being considered.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
According to Dreger, Team Canada has finally wised up and realized that one of the top 5 D-men in the world might be worth one of the eight Team Canada slots, and Subban is finally being considered.

I recall he played for Team Canada at the Jrs...was it on international ice surface and how did he do? Not sure if he was at any Worlds.

Solo

The roster as TSN has it:

Goalies:

1. Carey Price
2. Roberto Luongo
3. Mike Smith

Defense:

1st Pair: Duncan Keith/Drew Doughty
2nd Pair: Jay Bouwmeester/Shea Weber
3rd Pair: Marc-Edouard Vlasic/Alex Pietrangelo
4th Pair: Dan Boyle/P.K. Subban

Forwards:

1st Line: Logan Couture/Sidney Crosby/Steven Stamkos
2nd Line: Jamie Benn/Jonathan Toews/Claude Giroux
3rd Line: Patrick Marleau/John Tavares/Rick Nash
4th Line: Eric Staal/Ryan Getzlaf/Corey Perry
Extras: Matt Duchene/Jeff Carter

Potentials:

Left Wing: Chris Kunitz/Patrick Sharp/Milan Lucic/James Neal
Right Wing: Martin St. Louis
Center: Patrice Bergeron
Left Defense: Mark Giordano/Marc Staal/Dan Hamhuis
Right Defense: Brent Seabrook/Kris Letang

I dunno about a LOT of this.

1. I don't see Stamkos playing.
2. I think Tavares is slotted too low.
3. I can't see Bergeron being cut.
4. I can't see Jeff Carter making it.

Etc.

Red_Man

I recall he played for Team Canada at the Jrs...was it on international ice surface and how did he do? Not sure if he was at any Worlds.
He won back to back golds at the Juniors, and went to the Worlds last year but only played 2 games I think. He played on Olympic sized ice during his time in Bellville though.

Edit: Matt Duchene won't be an extra :lol :lol and Giroux isn't a guarantee with how he's played although he's picked it up as of late

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The roster as TSN has it:

Goalies:

1. Carey Price
2. Roberto Luongo
3. Mike Smith

Defense:

Forwards:

Potentials:

I dunno about a LOT of this.

1. I don't see Stamkos playing.
2. I think Tavares is slotted too low.
3. I can't see Bergeron being cut.
4. I can't see Jeff Carter making it.

Etc.
Goalies:

1. Carey Price
2. Roberto Luongo
3. Mike Smith

I got no beef with this...maybe Smith out and Harding in?

Defense:

That's pretty solid. I wish they could fit Seabrook in there somehow.

Forwards:

This I got massive problems with.

Couture on the first line...? Stamkos might not be ready

Giroux isn't exactly having a career year. Benn is ok

Third line seems thrown together there. Do these guys have any chemistry or play styles that can mes?

I wouldn't put Staal on that 4th.

Potentials:

Kunitz cause he has chemistry with Crosby, but Neal would be better. Sharp definitely could work, and Lucic I'd say yes.
St. Louis shouldn't be a question. He should be on it.

Bergeron, needs to be on this this. Dude is super legit. Boston sucks, but even when this guys scores against us, I can't hate. Plus he has chemistry with Crosby.

Giordano took a big injury, not sure he'd be ready. I'm hesitant on Staal. I wouldn't consider Hamhuis. Seabrook and Letang are good.

Red_Man

How anyone can suggest Giordano has even a remote chance of making Team Canada with a straight face is beyond me.

Also Hall should be going

How the eff is Mike Smith even in contention for a spot? He's posting average numbers across the board.

Seguin should be on the team.

edit: wow, was not expecting Cake Boss to be a Manics alt.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Philly is 2-10-1 when scoring first? :lol how does that happen

I tied you for first in the league last night, I was just wondering who it was.

Oh shit, you did. :\
I foolishly dropped a bunch of players because I was going to be WAY Over the game limit... should've waited for the season to be closer to over.

Red_Man

If you told me before the season started that MacArthur would have been the best Sens player this season I would have said you were drunk

Can't believe Carlyle ran out MacArthur and Grabovski to bring in Clarkson.

Can't wait to get Kulemin next year and have him flourish along side his old pal :D

Can't believe Carlyle ran out MacArthur and Grabovski to bring in Clarkson.

Can't wait to get Kulemin next year and have him flourish along side his old pal :D

He also tried to run Gardiner and Liles out as well. I get that Liles has some defensive issues, but ffs, he's far, far better than Ranger or Fraser.

Sigh.

edit: 71m cap next year?

Merguson

Banned
He also tried to run Gardiner and Liles out as well. I get that Liles has some defensive issues, but ffs, he's far, far better than Ranger or Fraser.

Sigh.

edit: 71m cap next year?

Run out Gardiner by giving him the most even-strength minutes of any defenseman, plus 3rd most ice-time out of any defensemen.

Bad guy carlyle at work.

Top Bottom