• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Sanjuro

Babbbyyyy got clowned on you guys.

:lol Sanjuro.

His breakaway during OT looked far more impressive than Ottawa's shootout attempts. Ryan with his busted finger made a NHL 15 tutorial score.

Marchand had the lone score which looked impressive without being overly complicated. Bergeron goes and looks fancy, gets stuffed.

Zoyle_1_Kuemper.jpg

smh

Sanjuro

Tuukka Rask: "We had some chances to score some goals. We didn't."

I guess that explains why you took the shootout off then.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've been to Montreal 3 fucking times and I have yet to go to Schwartz's. However, I've heard from Montrealers that the place across the street is just as good, you can get a seat, and they got beer.

I just walked in and there were plenty empty tables. Probably too cold/snowy for Montrealers to go here.

Meat basically melts in your mouth.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I feel so bad for the goalie. He was pointing and yelling but naaaaaaaaah
Ducks - Oil game good guy Getzlaf skated into and checked Scribbles and not one Oiler did anything to him. To be fair, Scribbles got into his lane, so Getzlaf checked him. However, I'm more amused by the apathy the Oilers had to one of their own teammates and one of their only two goalies.

Edit
I just walked in and there were plenty empty tables. Probably too cold/snowy for Montrealers to go here.

Meat basically melts in your mouth.
Shuddap, Smelly! >=[

zroid

Banned
Everywhere I've read and everyone I've talked to said that Schwartz is THE place for smoked meat.

What would you say is, then?

Most famous place, I guess...

I dunno I think it's a bit overrated. Honestly there are some really good smoked meat places in Toronto too.

Razorskin

----- ------
Everywhere I've read and everyone I've talked to said that Schwartz is THE place for smoked meat.

What would you say is, then?
The Main and Reuben's are both better. Schwartz was the best and is still good but they've been cruising on great word of mouth for years and have declined in quality.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Most famous place, I guess...

I dunno I think it's a bit overrated. Honestly there are some really good smoked meat places in Toronto too.
Not comparable in my opinion.
The Main and Reuben's are both better. Schwartz was the best and is still good but they've been cruising on great word of mouth for years and have declined in quality.
Those aren't the place across the street are they? I never catch the name, all I know is it's 'across the street'. None of my montreal coworkers are impressed with Schwartz's either nowadays.

Razorskin

----- ------
Not comparable in my opinion.

Those aren't the place across the street are they? I never catch the name, all I know is it's 'across the street'. None of my montreal coworkers are impressed with Schwartz's either nowadays.

The Main is right across the street from Schwartz's yeah.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

This is going to sound ultra homerish, but...

I'd still prefer Kessel over Seguin. Kessel has the charisma of a grain of sand; however, he doesn't seem like an immature party goer. I haven't read of anything particularly negative about Kessel (Hell, I've even read negative stuff about Kadri), but Seguin has a whole SHITLOAD of baggage that comes with him. Seguin being from the GTA area would instantly make him a star and beloved so he'd be able to get away with a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he was out partying and banging chicks every night and let that get to his game. I was pretty shocked that Boston traded him away, but even they had an issue with his character, so I'm inclined to have a quiet awkward Kessel than a Seguin with character problems.

And to be fair to the people I've used this on...

DTqUEBc.gif

Leafs would've been better off with Seguin and Hamilton.

Franson has the same amount of points as Hamilton with a better +/- and Phaneuf has a much better +/- with only 2 fewer points.

DTqUEBc.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was laughing at how the Bruins traded both because they didn't fit the Bruins identity.

They traded Kessel because of money as far as I know. Boston has and had some wicked centres, Kessel would be stellar there right now with them and all that room that the Bruins get from their physical play.

Damn...Boston traded both Thornton, Seguin, and Kessel away :p

Holy shit this anthem singer is terrible.
Agreed...I want Scotty :(

Top Bottom