• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Two minute Taco time!

If the Sharks score in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd period, all of the fans win 2 Tacos from Jack in the Box. I think it is a punishment.

Merguson

Banned
Thanks for the young looking hockey player list guys.

image.php

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So after destroying the Canucks, 3 of our next 4 games are against the dead last teams in the NHL, Edmonton and Carolina. I'm guessing we're lucky if we get 2 points total out of those games.

So after destroying the Canucks, 3 of our next 4 games are against the dead last teams in the NHL, Edmonton and Carolina. I'm guessing we're lucky if we get 2 points total out of those games.

Yeah, those teams in dead last or down the list often surprise. Buffalo, Oilers, Blue Jackets, and Coyotes have all caused problems for the Sharks.

theapg

Quick question: are the sleeves on hockey jerseys really baggy, or would it be more similar to normal long sleeve shirt? Basically does it look weird to wear to wear around in public?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Quick question: are the sleeves on hockey jerseys really baggy, or would it be more similar to normal long sleeve shirt? Basically does it look weird to wear to wear around in public?

Real ones are baggy to account for the gloves that are usually worn with them. As for looking weird, not really. It's part of the "look" to have the sleeves a bit long.

TUSR

Banned

Typically I wear a sweater/hoodie under my jerseys. But yeah, they are a bit baggy because you normally have elbow pads on with enough slack so they don't hook on tight fabric.

Real ones are baggy to account for the gloves that are usually worn with them. As for looking weird, not really. It's part of the "look" to have the sleeves a bit long.

Gloves?

Acid08

Banned

They'll be a bit baggy no matter what, just how hockey jerseys are.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm talkin' like a fan one.

All of the ones I've bought from team stores and icejerseys.com have been long, yeah. You could go down a size and it might help if you don't like the way it feels. I know it's kind of annoying to always have to be hiking up your sleeves to use your hands.

TUSR

Banned
Don't they have to be long enough to not easily slide out from the gloves and leave you all bare-armed? I thought that, and the other padding as you said, were the reasons.

Mmm yeah, when he said baggy I was thinking more wizard sleeve, instead of length.

Quick

Banned
I'm talkin' like a fan one.

Still pretty baggy. It can't be helped. But that being said, try a size smaller than what you usually wear with shirts for a better fit.

The replica (labelled "Premier") jerseys are actually very close to the authentic, with a few different things.

Shoulder patches are ironed-on and screen-printed. Chest logo remains the same as the authentics.
Sizing goes by a more general S/M/L/XL/XXL vs. numbers.
The material isn't as nice, but not terrible.

Well you can try it on if you buy at a store. But they are loose. Players wear shoulder pads under there.

You say it’s ugly, I say it’s comfy.
When I wear mine, I’m far less grumpy.
I feel like I scored an empty netter,
when I put on my holiday sweater.
Holiday sweater,
Holiday sweater.

Acid08

Banned
SHARKS WIIIIIIN

iZ7DJ9sL59QMB.gif

Never thought that shutting out Nashville would actually mean much of anything but it was a great defensive effort against one of the better offensive teams.

Tied with the #1 Team In The West!

zroid

Banned
LOL Friedman was mocking Hrudey on-air for his incredibly mundane commentary of the Sharks-Preds highlights

It sounded like Hrudey didn't even give 1/10th of a shit lol

LOL Friedman was mocking Hrudey on-air for his incredibly mundane commentary of the Sharks-Preds highlights

It sounded like Hrudey didn't even give 1/10th of a shit lol

Well . . . not a lot of highlights in a 1 - 0 game (OK, 2 - 0 if you include the empty netter.)

Acid08

Banned
He's joking about the Canucks lol

they have two games in hand tho :p

Yeah, that's true. Still really happy about the progress the team has made recently. They're playing much better, the kids are providing a great spark in the bottom six, Hertl is finding his game. So fucking happy that Burish is gone.

Top Bottom