• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Now Cox is calling Subban & Price "aging franchise players" at 25 and 27. Smfh, how does he have a job on national television. Poor Friedman has to deal with this shit regularly.

doc-rivers.gif

Excuse me? Carey Price is like fine wine damn it.

yyzjohn

Banned
Now Cox is calling Subban & Price "aging franchise players" at 25 and 27. Smfh, how does he have a job on national television. Poor Friedman has to deal with this shit regularly.

If McDavid really is the "next Crosby" you have to expect a significant player or players to go back in any trade for him. Cox suggests at the draft, which would mean the season has played out. If the Habs are bounced in the first round and Price is crap, I could see them including him in a trade. Not both Price and Subban but maybe a Price and a defensive prospect. Oilers need goaltending and defense. Sure moving Price sounds crazy now, but a chance at McDavid, a supposed franchise center? How many more years will Price be in peak form? He's probably at his peak now and will start to slide in 3-4 years.

Acid08

Banned
If McDavid really is the "next Crosby" you have to expect a significant player or players to go back in any trade for him. Cox suggests at the draft, which would mean the season has played out. If the Habs are bounced in the first round and Price is crap, I could see them including him in a trade. Not both Price and Subban but maybe a Price and a defensive prospect. Oilers need goaltending and defense. Sure moving Price sounds crazy now, but a chance at McDavid, a supposed franchise center? How many more years will Price be in peak form? He's probably at his peak now and will start to slide in 3-4 years.
I don't think Price+ is nearly enough to fetch the first overall. Especially after a hypothetically crap playoff performance.

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't think Price+ is nearly enough to fetch the first overall. Especially after a hypothetically crap playoff performance.

You may be right, but people are talking like its outlandish. Price isn't 18 anymore. It'll never happen but McDavids don't come around very often.

Price at 27 has 7-8 good years left and can win a playoff series single-handedly for the Habs with the team and system they have. Can they win a Cup with McDavid instead of Price? Hard to say. They'd need a strong performance from Tokarski, sufficient depth, and Subban at his best.

It will still be an absurd trade, though.

Subban is a bit overrated, in my opinion, but that's just me. His stats have been good. He's not an aging franchise player more-so than anyone else, given that we all naturally age.

Price is the best in the biz, and is also in his prime. I want Price.

Silexx

What the fuck? Is the NHL made up of a bunch of anti-vaxxer nuts? How is this still spreading?

Actually, the players have pretty much all been vaccinated before. What they are finding out is that the vaccine actually wears off for some people and they become susceptible to the virus again.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Good luck tonight, Leafs-age. We will probably lose tonight.

Bryzgalov is being interviewed in the locker room right now and it's amazing.

yyzjohn

Banned
Good luck tonight, Leafs-age. We will probably lose tonight.

Bryzgalov is being interviewed in the locker room right now and it's amazing.

Too many things are stacked against the Leafs. Media trotted out how Leafs haven't lost to Anaheim since 2008, Leafs have been winning despite getting outshot, shit will catch up to them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait I get to see Bryz play in person? Plz tell me it is so

I will try and restrain myself hard to not cheer for the Ducks too loudly.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Also it has a C on it but the number doesn't look like 15. Who was it previously? Needlemaker?

Good catch. The number ends with a 9, which leaves out Pronger and both Niedermayers. Those were the only other captains when the Ducks had that logo.

Maybe it's a custom?

Indeed that is what is off with it. If I had that jersey I'd immediately upgrade to the glorious new away ones. Something about the home black ones that doesn't look as good as it should be.

The orange and white contrast beautifully and very cleanly with each other, especially when separated by the gold band. Mmmmmm.

Top Bottom