• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So here is another part of the Slava Voynov story.

TMZ obtained a letter that Voynov's wife, Marta, sent to the District Attorney. Here is a direct link.

Marta pretty much blames everything on herself and claims Voynov did nothing wrong. It's about three and a quarter pages long, here is the important parts IMO:

Much more at the link. Basically, she summarized everything and says it was all her fault. That the pushing/kicking was just her getting in his way as he was trying to go to bed and the cut on her face was accidental.

That's just awful. And all too common in domestic abuse cases. :(

zroid

Banned

image.php

It's too bad that she thinks she has to defend him when he beat her up so badly. That said, it's also a shame that he's screwed himself so badly. It's awful through and through.

On to brighter things:

I can't wait for the Leafs and Ducks tilt tonight. I love it when we play the Ducks. A classy organization, with cool jerseys and likeable players.

fallout

Trouba out until February. :(
Winnipeg Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba will be out until February with an upper-body injury, coach Paul Maurice said Tuesday.​
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=744279

The news about Marta Voynov is really disheartening. As others have said, it's all too common in domestic abuse cases. Worse yet, it can result in women being blamed for staying, which doesn't help anything.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Via @JonathanWillis, Oilers could have had Corey Perry and a first for Mike Comrie in '03, but Lowe got cute.

Instead, the moved him a week later for Jeff Woywitka, a first and a third.

:loool

Yawnier

Banned
Its probably easy to laugh at Lowe there but who the hell would have guessed that MVPerry would blossom into a 80 - 85 point player and one of the best RWs in the game for now?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundqvist gets the start tonight. More or less the same lineup as whatever you call that thing that went down in Edmonton on Sunday night, except Matt Hunwick is in for John Moore because why not.

Last year I got Wings vs Leafs tickets through work, game was awesome. Mostly because we won 3-2 and that was the start of their downfall/us making the playoffs, but the atmosphere was really sweet too.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
MMR shots are recommended every few years, no? I usually get one with my tetanus booster

in other news... sabres have acquired d'amigo for luke adam

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Now Cox is calling Subban & Price "aging franchise players" at 25 and 27. Smfh, how does he have a job on national television. Poor Friedman has to deal with this shit regularly.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Now Cox is calling Subban & Price "aging franchise players" at 25 and 27. Smfh, how does he have a job on national television. Poor Friedman has to deal with this shit regularly.

Technically he isn't lying... all players are aging.

From earlier in the season:

The Mayor John Hoven @mayorNHL · 5h 5 hours ago

For those who heard Damien Cox on HNIC say Kings offered Toffoli for Lupul, LA mgmt laughed; "Nope, never happened. He's very misinformed"

I laughed so hard when he said that.

Poor Friedman.

I remember they agreed on the deal and Lowe decided to ask Comrie to repay back 2.5 million (I guess that was bonus money) in order to be traded to Anaheim.

Bryan Murray was mad at Lowe for backing out and needing to mend the relationship with Perry who probably wasn't happy about being on the trading block.

LOL we offered a first too?

Top Bottom