• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
T5x9vzQ.jpg

Truth.

No lie, there's a "men's" room about two sections over from my seat that is literally all stalls, no urinals at all.

EDIT: Not even a recent pic of the Garden, though. Lame.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Truth.

No lie, there's a "men's" room about two sections over from my seat that is literally all stalls, no urinals at all.

EDIT: Not even a recent pic of the Garden, though. Lame.

At least you don't have urinal troughs like a lot of ballparks still do. Those are the ultimate indignity. They are literally the sole reason I refused to go to Dodgers games when I lived a few miles from the stadium while going to college.

keezy

At least you don't have urinal troughs like a lot of ballparks still do. Those are the ultimate indignity. They are literally the sole reason I refused to go to Dodgers games when I lived a few miles from the stadium while going to college.

Joe Louis has those troughs. Nothing beats getting pissed splattered on you by the person next to you.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cox saying Edmonton should offer the 1st pick for Subban / Price or Doughty / Quick at the draft. What an idiot.

Price in net tonight & Tangradi is recalled back to line up
Pretty sure Tangradi is just up as the 13th forward. It was a cap savings send down.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Cox saying Edmonton should offer the 1st pick for Subban / Price or Doughty / Quick at the draft. What an idiot.

Pretty sure Tangradi is just up as the 13th forward. It was a cap savings send down.

That is borderline retarded. I don't care how much potential McDavid has.

Parch

Just watching the Eakins press conference and you can sense his frustration. Telling the fans AGAIN that they needed to be patient is the same old crap. Then he says that if anybody can find the fix in Edmonton it's Craig MacTavish, which pretty much confirms that Eakins is an idiot.

I don't really blame Eakins for getting thrown into a tough situation, but perhaps he shouldn't have acted like such an arrogant jerk. It was a mistake for the organization to hire him. No amount of confidence replaces experience.

Now he's just trying to line up his next job. Good luck with that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
1YZHBSA.png

Mirtle trolling

Leafs had 2nd in division at like 67 GP last year with no games in hand on tampa and advantage on montreal

plus a nice 5-7 point spread on 9th place

so in order for me to be confident, they need to win the next 30 in a row

calder

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

Winnipeg Jets @NHLJets
Jacob Trouba is out until February with an upper body injury according to Head Coach Paul Maurice.

Fuck. Oh well, it was a solid season until now. But I don't think Maurice has any tricks that will cover losing your 4 top dmen at the same time for an extended period. :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

Fuck. Oh well, it was a solid season until now. But I don't think Maurice has any tricks that will cover losing your 4 top dmen at the same time for an extended period. :p

Wow that sucks for the Jets.

Hamhuis might be back mid-January, which means the Canucks have to survive about 10-15 more games without him.

So here is another part of the Slava Voynov story.

TMZ obtained a letter that Voynov's wife, Marta, sent to the District Attorney. Here is a direct link.

Marta pretty much blames everything on herself and claims Voynov did nothing wrong. It's about three and a quarter pages long, here is the important parts IMO:
On the evening of October 19, 2014, my husband and I attended a party at the home of a friend. [...] At this party, my husband and I had a disagreement about something that the men were saying that I did not like. [...]

After the party [...] I wanted to finish resolving the disagreement that started at the party. After a short time, only a few minutes, Slava wanted to end the discussion and go to bed. I did not want to end our conversation. We continued it in the bedroom. [...]

At one point, Slava was hugging me and I grabbed his arms and grabbed his shoulders and squeezed them and said "No, I want to talk more," and he pushed me away because he wanted to stop talking and just go to bed. I fell down and Slava tried to walk past me. I was blocking his way, so he tried to move me with his legs. He was telling me to leave him alone. I got up and grabbed him to continue the discussion. [...]

Finally, while I was on my feet, still holding onto his arms, going very close to him and continuing to argue, Slava said, "Enough, enough, enough" (also in Russian), and he pushed my shoulders harder to make me let go of him so he could get away from me. I turned to keep my balance so that Slava could not walk away, and I turned my head toward the wall, where there was a flat screen television. That television. That television is normally flat against the wall, not on a stand, but it was turned toward the bed and so it was sticking out toward me. If it was not turned out from the wall, I would not have hit it and I would not have fallen down. [...] I hit my eyebrow against the corner of the television. I was cut and fell.

Much more at the link. Basically, she summarized everything and says it was all her fault. That the pushing/kicking was just her getting in his way as he was trying to go to bed and the cut on her face was accidental.

TMZ obtained a letter that Voynov's wife, Marta, sent to the District Attorney. Here is a direct link.

Marta pretty much blames everything on herself and claims Voynov did nothing wrong. It's about three and a quarter pages long, here is the important parts IMO:

Much more at the link. Basically, she summarized everything and says it was all her fault. That the pushing/kicking was just her getting in his way as he was trying to go to bed and the cut on her face was accidental.

It's behaviour that's pretty common among abuse victims. I half expected to see "I walked into a door" there.

It's one of the reasons why spouses can't have domestic abuse charges dropped in a lot of places.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I considered making a joke when the report came out along the lines of her coming forward to say that she fell into the tv herself, and thought better of it. This is all too common in domestic abuse cases.

Top Bottom