• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Nice. I was in the upper area and since I had a date, I didn't want to try to sneak down.

They almost scored in on the Sharks in the Taco time, that weird deflection that went straight up 40 feet and no one knew where it went.

Yeah, that date is probably going nowhere.

Taco Time? Explain.

My first game of the Sharks season and I sat pretty much directly behind the Oilers' bench. No tacos tonight, but I did get some game-used equipment tape.

dWuiWCU.jpg

Can you send me that, I'm almost out of hockey tape and I'm too lazy to go buy some more.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because another 11, coincidentally my favorite Hab as a child, Kirk Muller, raised the Cup
That's not why, Geoffrion and Lapointe both wore #5 and both had it retired in their names, there's other multiple ones as well. It's more a matter of balancing out what he did off ice with his statistical accomplishments and deeming whether that makes him worthy or not.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. I was in the upper area and since I had a date, I didn't want to try to sneak down.

They almost scored in on the Sharks in the Taco time, that weird deflection that went straight up 40 feet and no one knew where it went.

Taco time?

Giggzy

Use google guys! Google knows all:

Jack in the Box Taco Minutes
During home games of the Sharks 2014-15 regular season schedule, fans will have the opportunity to win two (2) free regular tacos courtesy of Jack in the Box if the Sharks score in the final two (2) minutes of the 2nd period.

Fans will be encouraged to text in using the prompted "text in code" that will appear on the videoboard and around the arena. Fans will then receive their coupon via text message for redemption of two free regular tacos from Jack in the Box.

The coupon will be valid at any of the below listed Jack in the Box locations. Coupons are only valid one week from the date of the game.

Solo

That's not why, Geoffrion and Lapointe both wore #5 and both had it retired in their names, there's other multiple ones as well. It's more a matter of balancing out what he did off ice with his statistical accomplishments and deeming whether that makes him worthy or not.

I was both joking and simultaneously not joking (because Cups are all that matter).

Calamari41

41 > 38
Use google guys! Google knows all:

Jack in the Box Taco Minutes
During home games of the Sharks 2014-15 regular season schedule, fans will have the opportunity to win two (2) free regular tacos courtesy of Jack in the Box if the Sharks score in the final two (2) minutes of the 2nd period.

Fans will be encouraged to text in using the prompted "text in code" that will appear on the videoboard and around the arena. Fans will then receive their coupon via text message for redemption of two free regular tacos from Jack in the Box.

The coupon will be valid at any of the below listed Jack in the Box locations. Coupons are only valid one week from the date of the game.

This reminds me of the very first time the Angels started that deal where everyone in the stadium would get a free dozen (or whatever) wings from Hooters if the Angels scored some relatively large number of runs in the game, back in 2003 or thereabouts. The crowd obviously loved this, and as the score slowly ticked up, everyone was thunderously chanting "we want wings!" and such. Well, finally in like the 8th or 9th inning, the key number of runs was finally reached, and you would think that we had just won the World Series with the way the crowd reacted. So the bro gets on the PA and announces that everyone will get their free dozen wings by turning in their ticket stub to one specific Hooters location outside of Anaheim that night and that night only. Bear in mind that the game was still going on and it was already after 10:00 PM on a week night. They clearly weren't expecting to actually have to give away the wings to a sold out crowd of 45,000 people, and you wouldn't believe the reaction from the crowd. It switched from utter jubilation immediately into a frenzy of booing and throwing trash onto the field for the remainder of the game.

It was glorious.

ShaneB

In 12 hours I shall be home and enjoying mountains of snow. So excited. Finishing up my packing here now and flying this afternoon.

This reminds me of the very first time the Angels started that deal where everyone in the stadium would get a free dozen (or whatever) wings from Hooters if the Angels scored some relatively large number of runs in the game, back in 2003 or thereabouts. The crowd obviously loved this, and as the score slowly ticked up, everyone was thunderously chanting "we want wings!" and such. Well, finally in like the 8th or 9th inning, the key number of runs was finally reached, and you would think that we had just won the World Series with the way the crowd reacted. So the bro gets on the PA and announces that everyone will get their free dozen wings by turning in their ticket stub to one specific Hooters location outside of Anaheim that night and that night only. Bear in mind that the game was still going on and it was already after 10:00 PM on a week night. They clearly weren't expecting to actually have to give away the wings to a sold out crowd of 45,000 people, and you wouldn't believe the reaction from the crowd. It switched from utter jubilation immediately into a frenzy of booing and throwing trash onto the field for the remainder of the game.

It was glorious.

whiteyuqsjr.gif

Yeah, lots of people in the upper section above us were singing "Lets Go Tacos!" right before the weird deflection while people in my section (myself) just kept screaming for tacos or were looking lost. A definite way to tell who has been to Sharks games and who hasn't is by who are screaming for tacos.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Papa John's made a huge mistake with their promotional tie-in with the Rangers this year. It makes me laugh every time.

The deal is that if the Rangers score 3 or more goals in a game, all online delivery orders the next day are 50% off. Sounds pretty safe, right? I mean, you'll give away the deal every now and then, but it's not like it's going to be the case for most games or anything. I mean, it's not like we ever rank very highly in terms of offense, and even last year with our supposed new offensive style we still only put up 2.61 goals per game.

This year's G/GP? 3.03

OOPS

Papa John's made a huge mistake with their promotional tie-in with the Rangers this year. It makes me laugh every time.

The deal is that if the Rangers score 3 or more goals in a game, all online delivery orders the next day are 50% off. Sounds pretty safe, right? I mean, you'll give away the deal every now and then, but it's not like it's going to be the case for most games or anything. I mean, it's not like we ever rank very highly in terms of offense, and even last year with our supposed new offensive style we still only put up 2.61 goals per game.

This year's G/GP? 3.03

OOPS

They did the same thing for the avalanche last season. It was pretty ridiculous.

Heretic

It was glorious.

Ducks did 5 free wings at hooters is they scored 5 goals in a game. That ended last season.

Calamari41

41 > 38

This year's G/GP? 3.03

OOPS

"I'm sorry, but if you read the fine print on our corporate website, you will see that this only applies to orders originating in Utah"

who's he calling to trade this time

Please be Bozak

Said he believes that Gardiner will be traded. (He made sure to say that it isn't based on anything though)

Caps news:

RMNB retweeted
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 1m1 minute ago
Been told no further discipline coming for John Carlson after his hit last night.

iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

zroid

Banned
Said he believes that Gardiner will be traded. (He made sure to say that it isn't based on anything though)

Listening to Dreger now...

I dunno about Jakey. There's no question he's sucked this year, but we've seen him be dominant at times. I guess if I'm being honest, I would rather resign Franson if that's what it came down to.

Even if we did move Gardiner, Percy could take his spot on the roster. But if they need to free up cap space to sign Franson, Bernier, Winnik, Santorelli, and Kadri, then I would try to move Lupul and Bozak first.

Listening to Dreger now...

I dunno about Jakey. There's no question he's sucked this year, but we've seen him be dominant at times. I guess if I'm being honest, I would rather resign Franson if that's what it came down to.

Even if we did move Gardiner, Percy could take his spot on the roster. But if they need to free up cap space to sign Franson, Bernier, Winnik, Santorelli, and Kadri, then I would try to move Lupul and Bozak first.

We'll take Gardiner for future considerations. Montreal will give you Bryan Allen

Cake Boss

Banned
"@TravisHeHateMe: Nashville's doing Shea Weber bobblehead night against Philadelphia next week. Greatest moment of the season."

Perds are such trolls lol.

Pls do a Forsberg bobblehead the next you play the Caps.

Acid08

Banned
Travis Yost @TravisHeHateMe:
Comprehensive list of players w/ better Corsi% than Joe Thornton (58.8%) this year:

Joe being Joe. Maybe one day we'll actually build a team where he doesn't need to make up for the lack of production from everyone else. Maybe one day he won't need to shoulder all the blame for playoff failures when the rest of the team couldn't do shit.

Nah.

Travis Yost @TravisHeHateMe:
Comprehensive list of players w/ better Corsi% than Joe Thornton (58.8%) this year:

Joe being Joe. Maybe one day we'll actually build a team where he doesn't need to make up for the lack of production from everyone else. Maybe one day he won't need to shoulder all the blame for playoff failures when the rest of the team couldn't do shit.

Nah.

I feel you bro :(

We finally have a GM who invested money on defense.

Too bad it happened 10 and 9 years into Ovi's and Nicky's career.

The old guy also traded away a 1st liner on his way out.

Top Bottom