• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Acid08

Banned
If the sharks score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd period, everyone in the stadium gets two free Tacos from Jack-in-the-Box.
http://sharks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=74004

Of course, it may be a punishment. This is what the tacos look like:

JITBtaco.jpg

I still love them though.
I miss 4 In The Net, Pizza You Get. Sharks score four goals you got a free personal pizza from Round Table. That was at least a $6-7 value, those goddamn tacos are two for $1 anyway.

HA to even think we'd get to a shootout against them. I'm expecting no less than 5 goals put up by the Isles while Detroit continues struggling to put up goals. It's gonna be a blow out.

True, we suck against the Islanders the last few years, though that was the same thing about the Rangers and we finally beat them, but we are also sucking right now.

Ursn

I miss 4 In The Net, Pizza You Get. Sharks score four goals you got a free personal pizza from Round Table. That was at least a $6-7 value, those goddamn tacos are two for $1 anyway.
Ducks use to have free wings from Hooters if someone scored a hat trick I think. Can't remember how many wings though.

Acid08

Banned
Mueller is going to play for Smelly's country in the WJC. Not super happy about it but the coaching staff wasn't playing him anyway so it'll be good for him to get some games. Can't believe they haven't been playing him more with how solid he's been.

Gardiner has a lot of talent, can skate well and has a good amount of potential. He just makes dumb plays. He's still young, but it's time to start playing smarter.

I would like to see him at forward for a couple of games, because he's not great at playing defence.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Done with our office holiday lunch outing, so done with work until January 5. Woo!

Derick Brassard looks like he'll be back in the lineup tomorrow night. JT Miller changes slots in the lineup to take Lee Stempniak's spot, which means that since being called up he'll have played left wing, center, and right wing.

The Rangers also signed Cam Talbot to a 1 year extension, $1.45m.

Acid08

Banned
Dang we actually have a few players in the mix for the WJC this year.

Russia:
Nikolay Goldobin

Smelly:
Mirco Mueller
Noah Rod

Canada:
Rourke Chartier

Yay, finally got some skates.

Boo, why do sticks cost more than my cheap ass skates :(

Yeah, holy shit I was surprised how expensive hockey sticks are! Someone could probably make a lot of money by opening up a sweat-shop in Asia making hockey sticks. Then again, it is probably a small market.

Yawnier

Banned
Clarkson would fit in Montreal. It's always been his dream to play for the Habs; his mom was raised there.

Clarkson for Allen seems like a perfect trade tbh.

Plus, he is a leader with many qualities on and off the ice, such as protecting the teams water bottles. He even takes the subway to games sometimes. How can you not want a good hockey player like that on your team?

Ursn

5 free wings for 5 goals scored. People were really excited when the Ducks were up 4-3 of something and had an empty net to shoot at

Yea that's it. I remember going to games where they qualified but i thought going to Hooters that night or the next day before the offer expired would be a nightmare.

zroid

Banned
Here's the other reason we should trade Bozak. His most valuable skill is in the shootout. 3v3 OT is coming. Sell high.

Foggy

Sucks to hear about what happened to Mason. Back injury and had to be helped off the ice? Yeeesh.

In other news, Brian Gibbons injured himself last night, but I'm not moaning about that. I love watching him play, but he just does a whole lotta nothing really really fast.

Chris R

Wood sticks are only $20-25

Store I got my skates at didn't have any wooden sticks out on display, just the composite ones going from $70 to $229. I wasn't looking that hard, just killing time while the skates were being sharpened. If I get into skating 2-3 times a week I'll grab a cheap wooden stick.

Store I got my skates at didn't have any wooden sticks out on display, just the composite ones going from $70 to $229. I wasn't looking that hard, just killing time while the skates were being sharpened. If I get into skating 2-3 times a week I'll grab a cheap wooden stick.
Order online if you need to. Hockey monkey and amazon have been having sales on and off for a month. Other places probably have too.

Foggy

giphy.gif

Getting in the holiday spirit tonight and going out to see Die Hard at the local Alamo Drafthouse. Apparently they're giving out free zippos, cap guns, and setting off fireworks in the theater during the movie's explosions. Excited!

giphy.gif

Getting in the holiday spirit tonight and going out to see Die Hard at the local Alamo Drafthouse. Apparently they're giving out free zippos, cap guns, and setting off fireworks in the theater during the movie's explosions. Excited!

'best Christmas movie ever'

Top Bottom