• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Heretic

ifg4sJSI3H7nr.gif

Socreges

Banned
Stoner deserved to be fought over that hit even though I think it was clean. That's what hockey is about.
If you define what hockey is about based on what 2014 NHL hockey is about, then sure. But at least in this respect there is no constant, unchanging perspective and response to certain hits. I'd argue that it's much more fluid and this is a more recent phenomenon where there is now an expectation that any decent hit on any player has to be met with the gloves off. Seems to be a product of the increasing attention to head injuries.

Calamari41

41 > 38
If you define what hockey is about based on what 2014 NHL hockey is about, then sure. But at least in this respect there is no constant, unchanging perspective and response to certain hits. I'd argue that it's much more fluid and this is a more recent phenomenon where there is now an expectation that any decent hit on any player has to be met with the gloves off. Seems to be a product of the increasing attention to head injuries.

As someone who sat through hundreds of Ducks games in the 90s and watched them get pushed around like little bitches with no enforcers to make sure it stopped happening, I guess I've been conditioned to be glad to see it go back and forth to this extent.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs deserved a a point at least, they played a really good game besides that first period. On to the next one, hopefully Patches will be fine.

Heretic

Marty sucks chants (why? no idea). Only team in the NHL that can be 3x as loud for "X sucks" than it can for its own chant.

it's how they mic the arena. When I was at Staples last month, I thought I was going to come out of there deaf. I wasn't not impressed. The Ponda Center gets louder.

Socreges

Banned
As someone who sat through hundreds of Ducks games in the 90s and watched them get pushed around like little bitches with no enforcers to make sure it stopped happening, I guess I've been conditioned to be glad to see it go back and forth to this extent.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing necessarily.

Marty sucks chants (why? no idea). Only team in the NHL that can be 3x as loud for "X sucks" than it can for its own chant.
Indeed. Little thing called the 2012 Stanley Cup Final.

Jaskin needs to spend a lot of time up with the club and not in Chicago. Spend as much time with Backes as possible and improve the skating.

Great shot by Shatty. Loving this.

Top Bottom