• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Blues-GAF, how has Stastny been? The game I went to he was pretty much a non-factor, I want to know if that's been the case for a while or just a bad game for him.

Also, on the Habs website:

0MHGUhP.jpg

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=100906

7wr4N5Z.gif

What the heck :lol

Blues-GAF, how has Stastny been? The game I went to he was pretty much a non-factor, I want to know if that's been the case for a while or just a bad game for him.

He's never going to be worth 7 million, I can tell you that much. I'm one of the few who actually appreciated what Stastny brought too. I wanted to keep him, maybe even overpay him, but not at 7. Also, to be fair Stastny can have a 3 point night and look invisible, that's just how he plays, he's not too flashy

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 21m21 minutes ago
#Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford will miss two or three weeks with a lower-body injury.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 6m6 minutes ago
#Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford missed a step leaving a concert the other night and injured left foot. Wearing walking boot.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 3m3 minutes ago
Corey Crawford's left leg. #Blackhawks
B38vDUlIMAE1gE4.jpg

:lol Crawford

gaming_noob

Leafs are finally putting full game efforts out there. It's nice to see what appears to be more puck possession in the opponents' zone. Feels weird.
The crowd is so quiet in the ACC. I usually watch tv at low volume but I was able to raise it yesterday can was shocked at how quiet the place is on TV.

Holiday

Banned
He's been a consistent non-factor, like most of the team outside of Tarasenko's line. He's being put with Schwartz now so that will help him hopefully.

CHI tonight, can't wait to hold this L.

calder

Too bad about Beliveau. Great player, super cool guy in every way. Le Gros Bill was the one guy everyone said they liked growing up no matter what team they cheered for.

I'm worried about the Jets game tonight. I hate that we will almost certainly loss to the Oilers, which is shameful in any regards, but especially because of their epic streak and the fact they haven't beaten any western teams yet. But the Jets have a glorious history of breaking other teams losing streaks and I expect that to continue... the Oilers have had some extreme bad luck in the past few weeks and that has to change eventually. Sadly it'll probably change tonight. :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Actor casting threads on GAF tend to be pretty shit, don't they?
They're always 95% over reactions and shitting on everyone before anything is even released. Basically how Gaf responds to any announcements.

calder

Total topic change, but after driving a shitty Versa for so many years this is my first winter with an AWD. It's unfair to compare a cheap 7 year old commuter car to a brand new compact SUV with a million more features but still, it's been such a great upgrade.

bruceinsnow-resizevfk6m.png

Random pic for Winnipeg peeps.

Total topic change, but after driving a shitty Versa for so many years this is my first winter with an AWD. It's unfair to compare a cheap 7 year old commuter car to a brand new compact SUV with a million more features but still, it's been such a great upgrade.

How much bagged milk can you store in the trunk?

Calamari41

41 > 38

What is that pale material on the ground?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Nutty Club, you say?

calder

They're always 95% over reactions and shitting on everyone before anything is even released. Basically how Gaf responds to any announcements.

Muhahahah I hope you guys are talking about that Bond villain thread. I only went to OT to see what you were referencing, but then I had to post in that thread because the guy who played Moriarty in Sherlock is godfuckingawful in the only role I know him from and I needed to overreact now.

"Food Club"

It's always a bit concerning when a company feels the need to put the word food in quotations in any context huh.

Syrinx

And now, for no particular reason, let's check on how $7 million cap hit Alexander Semin is doing:

GP G A P +/- PIM
19 0 5 5 -8 12

calder

It is ice. All of Canada becomes covered with ice during winter. This is why they are so good at hockey.

Also, zombie defense. In the event of an outbreak it's proven fact that zombies will freeze solid during our winters, giving us time to tidy up the mess they left behind and kill any stragglers stuck in the ice. Then spring comes and we're laughing.

Parch

I met Jean Beliveau at a card show several years ago. Being called the gentleman of hockey is very fitting. He was a real class act.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 2m 2 minutes ago
Jean Beliveau will lay in wake at Bell Center Sunday and Monday. Funerals Wednesday at Mary Queen of the Cathedral in Montreal.

Is it just me, or is that a little creepy?

Oh, here's a young(er) Anthony Duclair with Jean Beliveau:

b38_v1wiqaa809mfiu10.jpg

Quick

Banned
Jean Beliveau will lay in wake at Bell Center Sunday and Monday. Funerals Wednesday at Mary Queen of the Cathedral in Montreal.

Habs aren't playing either days, so the Bell Centre's going to be empty.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Is it just me, or is that a little creepy?
I can't think of a more fitting place. Wish I could be there.

Heretic

It is ice. All of Canada becomes covered with ice during winter. This is why they are so good at hockey.

If they are so good at hockey then why doesn't a Canadian team win the Cup every year? In fact, they haven't won it in a long time. Explain THAT to me.

ZeroGravity

It wouldn't surprise me at this point to see Drouin get loaned to Team Canada for the WJC. We're just too deep a team without injuries, he's not getting enough playing time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It wouldn't surprise me at this point to see Drouin get loaned to Team Canada for the WJC. We're just too deep a team without injuries, he's not getting enough playing time.

This is pretty much the same for Duclair. I'm about 90% sure he's going at this point.

Top Bottom