• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Quick

Banned
B5W9KMHCQAEamE9.jpg

Burnzie deep in thought after Baker asked him the tough question: "Which do you like more: Skylanders, pizza, or reptiles?"

Neither. Burns is probably on that Amiibo train.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just woke up and saw Calgary scored on their own net on a delayed penalty?

LOOOOOOOL

The only player that ever puts any effort into OT for the Wild is Marco Scandella. Everybody else lolligags around hoping for a shootout and it is embarrassing to watch.

This team looks terrible compared to last year. Granlund hasn't done shit - he is about as bad as his rookie season right now. He gets pushed off the puck easily, gets manhandled constantly, gets beat in races, and just looks bad. Coyle signed the big contract and has hardly done anything to show he actually deserved the money he got. Vanek scores the nice goals when we need him but never to pad leads.

Not to mention the atrocious goaltending. Kuemper lets in one goal and he gets so down on himself he lets in two or three more. Every time. He has been pulled in something like four out of his last five starts. Backstrom has looked good in relief time and okay when starting but he is never going to win a game for the team. He's about as much of a support goalie as you could imagine.

If they continue to play like this I can't see this team making the playoffs this year. And if they do, they aren't going to make it past the first round.

zroid

Banned
Here's some more gushing about Kadri because I know how much all of you love that:

Out of all 144 centers to play 1000+ minutes since the start of the 2012-13 season, Kadri’s 2.25 points per 60 minutes at even strength ranks 8th. Notable considering that the 30th ranked center managed 1.91 points/60. Any rate higher than that technically qualifies as scoring at a first line pace. Players ranked below him include the likes of Patrice Bergeron, Eric Staal, Joe Thornton, John Tavares, Pavel Datsyuk, Claude Giroux, Henrik Sedin, Anze Kopitar and the list of goes on.

His production looks even more impressive when you consider the fact that in that span, he spent 79.3% of his 5v5 ice time away from Toronto’s most dangerous offensive weapon in Phil Kessel (2.50 Points/60 from 2012-2015) and had a Zone Start percentage of only 46.4%. In addition, of the 7 centers ahead of him in points/60, Kadri played with the weakest linemates and received the lowest Zone Start %.

Razorskin

----- ------
Interviews with the 2005 WJC team

Once the team was finalized, Sutter had mere weeks to bond his team together. The first step to get total buy-in: having them all cut their hair short.

COREY PERRY, RW: (Sutter) called me up, and he goes, “How bad do you want to make this team?” And I said, “I’ll do anything.” And he goes, “OK, go cut your hair.” So I went, chopped it off, and I made the team.

COBURN: I don’t remember his exact words, but it was something like “no hippies on the team.” It was like an executive order that all the boys keep it high and tight.

4PYjNjK.png

Samyy

Well Randy is not wrong to an extent however its already been well established that poor neutral zone teams generally have poor possession stats.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well Randy is not wrong to an extent however its already been well established that poor neutral zone teams generally have poor possession stats.
Mobile but...nicholascage.gif

I'm expecting 6-2 Hawks.
McDavid...get used to playing in Toranna like a good OL ONTARIA Boy!

zroid

Banned
Mobile but...nicholascage.gif

I'm expecting 6-2 Hawks.
McDavid...get used to playing in Toranna like a good OL ONTARIA Boy!

Do I watch the Leafs continue their push for McDavid?

Or do I watch future teammates McDavid and Nylander square off?

such difficult decisions

Top Bottom