• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Would throwing your stick to stop the puck result in a penalty shot for the other team, or would they just award the goal regardless?
I believe the rule is if anyone throws a stick to save a goal it automatically counts. So if a player was on a break and shot it on an empty net and an opposing player threw his stick to stop it -> auto goal. They mentioned it during a game once.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I believe the rule is if anyone throws a stick to save a goal it automatically counts. So if a player was on a break and shot it on an empty net and an opposing player threw his stick to stop it -> auto goal. They mentioned it during a game once.

I know that there's a rule if you take a penalty on a player while they're attempting to score on an empty net, it's automatically awarded.

Is there a limit on how close the puck is to the net? If somebody on Calgary threw their stick while the puck was at the blue line, or in the neutral zone, would it still be awarded?

I just wonder because seemingly nobody accounted for a goalie automatically knocking their net off the goal on a 3 on 0 before this year.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
JT and ALee scored 12 seconds apart, otherwise, that TB backup looked really good. Bright future ahead.

HOWEVAH, Isles still best team in the East. NO ONE DENIES THIS]

T7smA.gif

TUSR

Banned

Is there a limit on how close the puck is to the net? If somebody on Calgary threw their stick while the puck was at the blue line, or in the neutral zone, would it still be awarded?

According to the rules, a goal can only be awarded if the infraction occurs in the defending zone and neutral zone. Since Calgary was in the attacking zone, a throw stick wouldn't be an awarded goal.

Samyy

did he collapse on the bench when he went to stand up?

I was about to ask since I didn't see anyone talking about this?
Saw it out of the corner of my eye at a party, looked like he passed out on the bench, was hit hard against the boards during his last shift.

TUSR

Banned
I was about to ask since I didn't see anyone talking about this?
Saw it out of the corner of my eye at a party, looked like he passed out on the bench, was hit hard against the boards during his last shift.

He got crunched, skated off, collapsed on the bench, and now the ambulance is on the way.

"He's talking nonsense about songs or something."

I'd love a mic on Ott some time. He has to say the weirdest shit in the league with the reactions he gets.

@BuffaloSabresBuffalo Sabres 9:50 PM
#Sabres Coach Ted Nolan: Kaleta is sick, won't make the trip to Boston. Moulson also sick & few others battling something.

I like to imagine Tim Murray infecting the locker room on purpose to fix the tank.

He got crunched in the corner (chest hit), skated off, collapsed on the bench, ambulance was called and doctor got called to the dressing room.

Hes apparently now moving on his own accord without assistance.

Jesus. The alert reminded me of Peverley.

Top Bottom