• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

RC

Banned
It's so weird seeing someone in this thread be so adamantly anti-Ducks. Used to be a near nonexistent sight.

Good. It makes our wins that much sweeter.

Does this mean I'm not allowed to love you anymore? Tough luck, Bucko.

It'll have to be a secret love affair now.

I don't hate the Ducks.

Quick.

Thank you.

I'm only anti-Ducks when they get in the way of my fire truck. It's really tries my patience. They're so cute though.

I went to get that sound byte and instead I'm too busy laughing at the the wav file names.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's had to hide a love affair with a strong black man from their right-wing conservative mother.

Quick

Banned
Prove it.

ib083VUOPy0rHD.gif

Heretic

Jeezus HRTC, you went full "5 year old stealing the red cordial".

If a cup win happens to occur, I feel sorry for everyone else itt.

(I'll be too busy quoting your posts and replying with Duck GIFs)
:)
I want in on this!
The Marvie Caresi rating: 0.00
:lol
Not really disappointed with the loss. Got one point and Miller played well. Sedins were mostly invisible though.
Miller had a strong game. I was worried he'd get a shutty against my boys.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McCarron tied his career high in points from last year in last night's game in 42 fewer games. Having a pretty great comeback season.

scored 1 Point against the worst team in the tournament. Sure he is good, but I dont get the hyperbole at this Point.
It's not all about points in these tournaments, it's what you do with the puck and away from it. Crosby only had 3 points and 1 goal in the past Olympics, you need to be careful with how much stock you put into a players performance in these kinds of tournaments.

CentroXer

Banned
McCarron tied his career high in points from last year in last night's game in 42 fewer games. Having a pretty great comeback season.

It's not all about points in these tournaments, it's what you do with the puck and away from it. Crosby only had 3 points and 1 goal in the past Olympics, you need to be careful with how much stock you put into a players performance in these kinds of tournaments.

well, you are not entirely correct. TSN and Media expect these players to produce. They were all over McDavid when he was held scoreless in the first game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
well, you are not entirely correct. TSN and Media expect these players to produce. They were all over McDavid when he was held scoreless in the first game.
TSN and the media are also idiots. McDavid just came off a hand injury and has only played 5 games.

zroid

Banned
Here's some stats just for Marvie, courtesy of Mirtle:

SfM2NRP.png

It is pretty amazing what Chicago did in 2010, winning with such poor goaltending. Just shows how good they were in every other aspect of the game. Anyway, so far it looks like the Hawks are the clear favourite to win this season.

edit: also, an interesting note regarding the 09 Pens is even though their possession rating is 17th overall, after Bylsma was hired they became a fairly elite possession team, which presumably carried into the playoffs.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
God, Leaf fans commenting on articles are stupid.

"It's Reimer's fault"

How about it's the fucking team defenses' fault and Carlyle's shit system's fault? When Carlyle needs 2 hall of fame defensemen and a stellar year from his goalie along with arguably one of the best if not the best tandem in the league, to win the Cup, I daresay it was more the talent on his team than his coaching.

I hate hearing how we "can't execute". We can't execute cause we don't have the same players as that stacked as fuck Duck's team! Some will argue to make a trade or change the core, but there's no way we'll be able to get the same players as the Ducks. If the core can't execute your shitty let everyone and their grandmother get their shots in then change the fucking system!

Where the fuck does Carlyle get the idea that teams can't score from the point? Reimer was screened on a few of those goals and one was a sick tip in. Even Lupul admitted that they didn't play enough in the Florida end to prevent those chances. Where the fuck are the fucking forwards covering the fucking point on a fucking 5 on 5?!?!?! Hell, even Reimer had a better sv% than LOLuongo.

Enjoy the two points tonight, Tampa. I'll be watching the Juniors. Fuck!

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol I love how shitty teams talk about execution. You can't execute because you have shitty players that don't have the talent to do it.

CentroXer

Banned
I would caution passing much judgement on either player in such a short tournament really

I agree, in reality WJC doesn't mean you'll be a star player. Max Friberg was swedens best scorer when we won gold, but the guy has been in AHL for 3-4 years now.

Top Bottom