• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

trifelife

Guys recommend me some good beer, been drinking Steamwhistle for a while and I want to try something new.

Depends on where you live and what's available, but bottles of most things by Elysian or Driftwood... Philips even, especially the Bottle Rocket ISA in cans. Howe Sound, Tofino, Parallel 49. All good breweries. Might only be in BC though :(

lol voting ends tomorrow. the all-star game is going to be an even bigger joke than usual this year.

hdJhNCb.png

that said, I think it's awesome for Girgensons

Chicago . . . vote early and vote often.

Depends on where you live and what's available, but bottles of most things by Elysian or Driftwood... Philips even, especially the Bottle Rocket ISA in cans. Howe Sound, Tofino, Parallel 49. All good breweries. Might only be in BC though :(

This is a cruel post. Samyy is in the GTA iirc.

Samyy, I recommend picking up some tall boy imports (pilseners and lagers) of the German/Czech variety. Ignore the IPAs until you're in your late 30s and most of your tastebuds have died. Save the Steamwhistles for the summertime.

Acid08

Banned
Tierney sent down, do not like that move. Haley being here just because he can hit and fight(both of which he hasn't even really done yet) over another skilled forward who can help with scoring...good move. Anyway, hoping the lineup tonight looks like:

Hertl-Jumbo-Pavs
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Goodrow-Sheppard-Wingels
Haley-Desjardins-Karlsson

Marleau and Couture have been kind of butt lately. Marleau is notoriously streaky and he's in one of his "can't do shit" phases right now. I miss when night in night out we have two lines that we could legitimately call our first line. Couture's line has looked like an average second line for a stretch now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Probably the most entertaining period of hockey I've watched in the WJs so far, hopefully they maintain this pace through the final 40.

Red_Man

Jeez, didn't know it was that much. Are they upcharging for the venue or have other Canadian hosted WJCs been similarly priced...
Not sure, but I assume it's uncharged somewhat for being in Montreal / Toronto. But yea, way too expensive for the average viewer.

Tierney sent down, do not like that move. Haley being here just because he can hit and fight(both of which he hasn't even really done yet) over another skilled forward who can help with scoring...good move. Anyway, hoping the lineup tonight looks like:

Hertl-Jumbo-Pavs
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Goodrow-Sheppard-Wingels
Haley-Desjardins-Karlsson

Marleau and Couture have been kind of butt lately. Marleau is notoriously streaky and he's in one of his "can't do shit" phases right now. I miss when night in night out we have two lines that we could legitimately call our first line. Couture's line has looked like an average second line for a stretch now.
Hertl has not been scoring much lately. I think they keep trying to go for a Jumbo pass to a Pavs one-timer. And that is a great play as Pavs has one hell of an on-his-knee one-timer slap-shot.
bachman+save+2.jpg
DC4CbJx.gif

But I think everyone is now expecting it so they have to switch things up. Give Hertl some more chances. Although he did have a few chances last night but put them right on the goalie.

I like those lines though . . . first two are very good. 3rd line is a 3rd line. 4th line is a building line with a couple of new-comers.

Acid08

Banned
Hertl has not been scoring much lately. I think they keep trying to go for a Jumbo pass to a Pavs one-timer. And that is a great play as Pavs has one hell of an on-his-knee one-timer slap-shot.
bachman+save+2.jpg
DC4CbJx.gif

But I think everyone is now expecting it so they have to switch things up. Give Hertl some more chances. Although he did have a few chances last night but put them right on the goalie.

I like those lines though . . . first two are very good. 3rd line is a 3rd line. 4th line is a building line with a couple of new-comers.
Yeah and that's Jumbo's fault. Pavs is always looking to shoot and Jumbo is always looking to pass to him, leaving Hertl out to dry. He has to do a lot more to create his own offense. When Burns was on that line he did a lot more than just look to shoot, he did everything. Hertl really benefited from that.

Red_Man

Domi has been amazing this whole tournament. Making something happen every time he's out there.

Top Bottom