• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Spl1nter

toDjxJe.png

So you're saying the Oilers have been lucky so far? Ouch.

Heretic

Yo Ducks your 10th overall pick was suspended from his OHL team for egging a car

is this how you raise your kids?!

NHL should follow MLS' lead ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

It's his birthday today. Let him!

Late but... KESBAE!!! PERRY :( THOMPSON DROPPING BALLARD!!!

Heretic

This is sort of interesting http://www.hockeyabstract.com/luck Compares the "luck" each team has had this season in terms of various factors such as injuries, 1 goal game results, PDO, etc. Obviously luck is not the only contributing factor to a lot of these but it plays a part.

This chart compares the cap hit of injured players to determine how much injury luck teams have had:

toDjxJe.png

Lumbus :(

I wasn't aware Anaheim had a lot of injuries.
Best is Habs and worst is BJs...

Haven't had a full healthy roster all season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Toews can speak French? Can't wait to hear the retarded trade proposals for him on the radio next week.

Red_Man

Loving the 4 patches on their jerseys tonight. Wear them for the rest of the season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Toews can speak French? Can't wait to hear the retarded trade proposals for him on the radio next week.
Huh, I looked up a few videos, and yeah, he's super fluent. But he speaks Quebecois French, so it's not real French, but French-lite...KIDDING!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20100529/sports/305299904/
He went to school in French from kindergarten through grade 9, then he went to Shattuck-St. Mary's (in Minnesota), so he had to turn around and think in English. It must have been pretty difficult for him.

Red_Man

I would be okay if the Habs went on a huge skid if it resulted in Therrien being fired. I don't want Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, etc primes being wasted under him.

Ursn

Just caught up on the game, I had paused it. Glad we're up 2-0 but Corey perry :( add another stat to that bad luck chart.

Red_Man

I actually had a faint hope there that Prust could bury that like he did against Varlamov in the preseason. Learned my lesson.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fucking hell

My flight was so delayed that my bag couldn't clear US customs in time and I have to spend the night in Toronto.

I have a conference to go to fucking hell air canada.

Stasis

Its fluent and sounds naturally Quebecois in terms of word choice and how he's stringing them together, but he has an Anglo accent a French Canadian normally wouldn't. This is likely due to his time in the USA early on. So basically it's real Quebecois with a bit of an accent.

I have less than him and I was born and raised in NYC. Learned French at like age 10. But I'm in Quebec and have been for quite some time. Its easy to lose if you leave and don't use it often. My mom went back to the states and sometimes sounds slightly "off" in French despite being born here and speaking perfectly.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Tangradi gets a shot on the first line. Despite his entire career showing otherwise, just maybe he's the answer, who knows.

Bryan Allen may be the secret to solving their PP woes too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell

My flight was so delayed that my bag couldn't clear US customs in time and I have to spend the night in Toronto.

I have a conference to go to fucking hell air canada.
ANSWER MY GODDAMN PM YOU RACIST! :mad:

Repeating words to say them right.
Hmm..
Its fluent and sounds naturally Quebecois in terms of word choice and how he's stringing them together, but he has an Anglo accent a French Canadian normally wouldn't. This is likely due to his time in the USA early on. So basically it's real Quebecois with a bit of an accent.

I have less than him and I was born and raised in NYC. Learned French at like age 10. But I'm in Quebec and have been for quite some time. Its easy to lose if you leave and don't use it often. My mom went back to the states and sometimes sounds slightly "off" in French despite being born here and speaking perfectly.
I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Top Bottom