• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They kept talking about playing him at wing, hopefully his performance in Sweden is turning that idea around :/
And fuck Randy Carlyle has ruined that picture forever!
He's kind of small for a center, wouldn't surprise me if they try to keep him on the wing.

Razorskin

----- ------
They kept talking about playing him at wing, hopefully his performance in Sweden is turning that idea around :/
And fuck Randy Carlyle has ruined that picture forever!

iyc7B02.jpg

Acid08

Banned
That Persona 5 tease for PSX hhhnnnngggghhhhh

Will probably just be the US PS4 announcement with the same trailer, but still. Cool to see Sony getting it out there and recognizing it as an important game.

Rumours
But its a no brainer that they are making Red Dead

The CEO of Take-Two has tacitly acknowledged that a RDR sequel is in the pipeline but no official announcement yet.

What I want to know though is if the rumors of a RDR remastered are true. Some rumors suggested that a RDR remaster would come out next spring . . . but no solid sources so it might just be made-up hype.

Acid08

Banned
I have been fucking pumped all day after that SF5 leak. Unnnnnnnnnnnffffffffff. I just hope it's more 3S and less 2.

Yup, super excited for it. Not sure if I want it to be quite as technical as 3S but I wouldn't mind it being more than 4 was. Brings back parries for the laffs.

Slowly but surely there are more games being announced that make me want to get into next gen. I'm already know I'll be getting a PS4 for Persona 5, just a question of when.

Parch

One thing coming out of the Oiler press conference is more fans questioning the media. I've long thought that Edmonton media are a bunch of shills for the organization. The CHED coverage especially has been accused of screening calls and even fabricating conversations. It's been a big love-fest and now they're getting called out about it.

When you've got a bunch of kiss-ass media it also creates a bunch of apologist fans. There are plenty of people sick about this shit. The frustration goes beyond the management and players in this town.

Foggy

You can't really bunch BJ's in with the likes of AV's, Stars, Canes, Oil, etc. CBJ has been hit by so many injuries, it's pretty much impossible for them to make up the lost man games. Most teams would be in similar positions if they lost the same type of players they have. They're actually kind of lucky, they wouldn't have made a deep cup run this year anyways, and now they could get a franchise player and be back in the playoffs next year.

Last I checked they're on pace to have 600+ man-games lost or something absurd like that.

As I mentioned earlier
A McDavid/Eichel and Johanson combo up the middle terrifies

Throw in great young players like Jenner, Rychel, Murray and then Bob the Cop
RIP Eastern conf :(

Fuuuuuck dude. It'd be brilliant, but I'll be curious to see how the rest of the season shakes out. Foligno, Bob, and Atkinson(I think?) are all in contract years so their level of play definitely won't dip, but bare minimum, losing two good centers and two good reliable defensemen just completely disrupts everything.

zroid

Banned
Fuuuuuck dude. It'd be brilliant, but I'll be curious to see how the rest of the season shakes out. Foligno, Bob, and Atkinson(I think?) are all in contract years so their level of play definitely won't dip, but bare minimum, losing two good centers and two good reliable defensemen just completely disrupts everything.

Did you read that McDavid article I linked recently? http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nhls-great-connor-mcdavid-sweepstakes/

Guess which team was deemed the one "most deserving" of the #1 pick :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Did you read that McDavid article I linked recently? http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nhls-great-connor-mcdavid-sweepstakes/

Guess which team was deemed the one "most deserving" of the #1 pick :p
I hope McD goes to the West...
But from that link...
The Leafs are also McDavid’s hometown team, and he grew up dreaming of playing for them. Add it all up, and Toronto is damn near the ideal McDavid destination.

Except, here’s the thing: There is zero chance the Maple Leafs would win the lottery. Seriously, find a die-hard Leafs fan and ask them what would happen if Toronto won. They’ll laugh at you, and then maybe pat you on the head for being adorable. The hockey gods aren’t going to let something that good happen to the Maple Leafs. We need to just accept that.

Plus, the occasionally insane Toronto market would take about three seconds to find a way to ruin the McDavid era for everyone. The Leafs would win the lottery, and the next day at least one Toronto newspaper would have a front-page story about how they should draft a goaltender instead
Pretty much correct except for the goaltender part. The most hyped up prospect since Crosby and some idiot writer would say we 'shouldn't take him if we won? A lot of Toronto media is fucking stupid, but nobody is THAT fucking stupid.

Razorskin

----- ------

Ursn

Bought cheap tickets for our next home game next week vs the oilers. Expecting a win considering their record and all the negative talk about them on here.

Acid08

Banned
Yo Ducks your 10th overall pick was suspended from his OHL team for egging a car

is this how you raise your kids?!

how do you get caught egging a car smh kids these days don't even know how to do stupid shit without getting caught

Razorskin

----- ------
nah, im too busy with senran kagura

*googles*

AO122Cc.png
AO122Cc.png
AO122Cc.png

Eh, wouldn't I be able to say the same with every Quebec prospect/French speaker for Montreal?

No, we all know he resents the media before he's drafted.

Yo Ducks your 10th overall pick was suspended from his OHL team for egging a car

is this how you raise your kids?!

NHL should follow MLS' lead ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

I hope Cherry catches wind of this.

how do you get caught egging a car smh kids these days don't even know how to do stupid shit without getting caught

Well, it is probably much harder these days with security cameras everywhere and everyone carrying a cellphone camera.

Besides, one of the idiots that did it probably put pictures of it up on Facebook.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Philly tomorrow
Montreal on Wednesday
Toronto next Sunday

Woooo travelling

TORONTOGAF WHERE YOU AT

Ah, this is where your post was.

1. We don't like Canuckleheads
2. We don't like racists
3. We're neutral towards Swiss
4. I already hate you because the Swiss like Winter and Winter-like activities
5. We didn't do anything for Acid, so I don't want to make him feel bad if we do something for you
I do actually :D
6. Stay your Swiss Crapnuckle ass in Hongcouver! :mad:

check your pm, and give me some more details of your trip here

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna need some details on this and see if my schedule works around your stay here.

LIES!
Monday: Brainstorm Don Quick Post
Tuesday: Draft Don Quick Post
Wednesday: Template Don Quick Post
Thursday: Write Don Quick Post
Friday: Edit Don Quick Post
Saturday: Post Don Quick Post
Sunday: Pretend to go to GAF meet up and not show up

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna need some details on this and see if my schedule works around your stay here.

I'm not sure you should believe him Smiley.

I shouldn't talk - I've only been to one meet up. :p

LIES!
Monday: Brainstorm Don Quick Post
Tuesday: Draft Don Quick Post
Wednesday: Template Don Quick Post
Thursday: Write Don Quick Post
Friday: Edit Don Quick Post
Saturday: Post Don Quick Post
Sunday: Pretend to go to GAF meet up and not show up

:lol

zroid

Banned
This is sort of interesting http://www.hockeyabstract.com/luck Compares the "luck" each team has had this season in terms of various factors such as injuries, 1 goal game results, PDO, etc. Obviously luck is not the only contributing factor to a lot of these but it plays a part.

This chart compares the cap hit of injured players to determine how much injury luck teams have had:

toDjxJe.png

Lumbus :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is sort of interesting http://www.hockeyabstract.com/luck Compares the "luck" each team has had this season in terms of various factors such as injuries, 1 goal game results, PDO, etc. Obviously luck is not the only contributing factor to a lot of these but it plays a part.

This chart compares the cap hit of injured players to determine how much injury luck teams have had:

toDjxJe.png

Lumbus :(

I wasn't aware Anaheim had a lot of injuries.
Best is Habs and worst is BJs...

Top Bottom