• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Samyy

I think cover-based third person shooters that focus on story are my favourite genre so Uncharted is like close to my perfect game.

Come on Acid :(

Yea if theres anything generic its mario fucking jumping all the time who wants to do that!

zroid

Banned
1Vh9CnM.png

Acid08

Banned
Yea if theres anything generic its mario fucking jumping all the time who wants to do that!
Most Mario games continue to have incredible level design which keep the experiences super fresh and interesting.

Uncharted 3 just doubled down on the scripted set piece events and made the shooting mechanics worse. Maybe having more time for UC4 will help them breathe new life but UC3 felt stale as hell.

Marvie_3

Banned
Most Mario games continue to have incredible level design which keep the experiences super fresh and interesting.

Uncharted 3 just doubled down on the scripted set piece events and made the shooting mechanics worse.

One of the biggest plagues on gaming today.

Yes, I'm including the NHL games in this generalization.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Uncharted 3 just doubled down on the scripted set piece events and made the shooting mechanics worse.

Not to mention that aside from the "New" series, which definitely are played out and boring at this point, the Mario series was always changing.

There are five 3D Mario's in its entire history, and only two of them play the same.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not to mention that aside from the "New" series, which definitely are played out and boring at this point, the Mario series was always changing.

There are five 3D Mario's in its entire history, and only two of them play the same.
I still really like the "New" series. Just get rid of the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitty music in the games. I dont want to hear "wah wah" ever again in a mario game.

Flames playing the Zelda theme at the first break. Fucking yes.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I still really like the "New" series. Just get rid of the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitty music in the games. I dont want to hear "wah wah" ever again in a mario game.

Flames playing the Zelda theme at the first break. Fucking yes.

I'm sick of the art style at this point, there's something really bland about it.

Isn't there another team that does video game music?

It was cool though

I think Dallas usually plays the Punch Out theme when a fight happens.

Razorskin

----- ------
Yay go Lefs

I could never post this on gaming side without people quoting me two dozen times with variants of "seriously???" or "what the fuck dude?" but I kind of hate the new Naughty Dog. Bullet sponges and shoddy stealth sum up the mediocrity that is their gameplay, and while I liked the writing in TLOU, Uncharted is just a mess. Drake might be one of my least favorite protagonists in video game history.

what the fuck dude?

I agree, I'm just not a fan of Uncharted gameplay

Alright, I know it is early in the season, but I want to point out the stupidity of how teams make the playoffs since we switched over to 4 divisions and something I have hated since the start:

Atlantic:

Tampa - 39 Pts
Detroit - 37 Pts
Montreal - 36 Pts
Toronto - 31 Pts
Florida - 29 Pts
Boston - 29 Pts

Metro:

Pittsburgh - 38 Pts
NY Isles - 38 Pts
Washington - 28 Pts

So, the problem here is that you have the 3 top spots per division as automatic locks for the playoffs, but as you can see right now, that puts one team who has more points than Washington out of the playoffs despite being better than them. Where in reality, Washington should be in 9th place while all the rest of the teams listed should be in the playoffs. Once again, this will change come later in the year but I hate how you have 6 positions as locked for the playoffs. Personally, I believe it should be the top 2 teams in each division getting an automatic loss, and 4 "wild cards" (I hate that term). Now people can point out how you can expand this to the entire league (IE: east vs west), but you need some separation, I just think this takes it too far and is not the right balance.

Sorry to rant but I hate that most of the playoff positions are locked despite if one other team has more points than one of those top 6 but they are in a harder division, they won't make it, completely stupid if you ask me./rant

Acid08

Banned
Kennedy went to the dressing room a while ago, took a bad hit. Just comes back from injury, playing very well, and gets injured again. That Sharks luck never fails.

Top Bottom