• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

zroid

Banned
A couple months ago all the Toronto media said was how the Leafs are still a mess, having fixed nothing in the offseason, because the 3rd and 4th lines aren't difference-makers.

Today all they're talking about is how the Leafs' newfound depth is the reason they're winning games.

:|

Cake Boss

Banned
Does that come with an award or something?

Yes.

1964-Stanley-Cup-Ring.jpg

A couple months ago all the Toronto media said was how the Leafs are still a mess, having fixed nothing in the offseason, because the 3rd and 4th lines aren't difference-makers.

Today all they're talking about is how the Leafs' newfound depth is the reason they're winning games.

Haha. It's true.

On television broadcasts (like HNIC last night), they were continually praised for having such great depth, especially by Glenn "I'm the Best Ever" Healy.

It's funny how fairweather even they can be.

Also:

Did Legwand even smile once during that presentation? It didn't look like it until maybe the very end, when he turned away from the portrait.

His wife is smoking hot, though

Hey look the Leafs 3rd and 4th lines did something.

Marvie_3

Banned

Sports "journalism" is barely above gaming "journalism" when it comes to quality.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
K I'm in Philly and I've got myself a Philly cheesesteak here. Let's see what this is all about.

Also lol Hoagies

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Did you expect anything different?

Acid08

Banned
Bottom tonight brehs:

Goodrow-Sheppard-McGinn
Scott-Desjardins-Brown

Literally one third liner, 3 fourth liners, and two fringe NHL players. Third line got destroyed by injuries.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
goddamnit I'm in Philly and the Canucks-Sens game is blacked out?!?!? wth is this

I have a lot of respect for Bob Cole, and grew up listening to him call games on Hockey Night in Canada (which has gotten worse, imo. What's with those cheesy analytics pucks?). However, I now find his voice grating and wish I didn't because it makes me feel bad.

I hope a team I like will get McDavid, since the Leafs won't. It'd suck if he ended up in our division, too.

Here's hoping for Columbus, or Carolina maybe. Not fucking Ottawa or Buffalo.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I hope a team I like will get McDavid, since the Leafs won't. It'd suck if he ended up in our division, too.

Here's hoping for Columbus, or Carolina maybe. Not fucking Ottawa or Buffalo.
Ottawa will not get him for sure. Columbus and Carolina have a chance. Buffalo should lose some more games and have a better chance. I have a sinking feeling it'll be the Loliers.

zroid

Banned
Latest on the cap

Still, what governors will be told by the league leadership this week is that despite all the concern, as long as there isn't any significant change (downward) in the Canadian dollar between now and June 30, the salary cap next season is projected to be somewhere between $72 million and $74 million, up from the current $69 million. The governors will actually get a more precise figure but a source told ESPN.com it should be in that range.

Cake Boss

Banned
Neil off the ice for 5 minutes.

This isn't good for the tank Neil you ass.

Edit: Oh nevermind. :lol sens. Time for some Diablo.

Top Bottom