• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tanev was the most impressive Canuck by a mile last night, his work on the 5 on 3 was pretty great.

He's a great defensive defenseman which is why the league doesnt Really notice him.

Which is good because it means we can keep him for cheap.

Razorskin

----- ------
kdZGaOc.png

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/542712705853816833

Noty bad, now let's just keep Desharnais on the 3rd line.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It'S probably mumps.

Apparently the Devils' Zajac and Larsson were both also diagnosed with Mumps lol.

Tanev was the most impressive Canuck by a mile last night, his work on the 5 on 3 was pretty great.

He's a great defensive defenseman which is why the league doesnt Really notice him.

Which is good because it means we can keep him for cheap.

Probably the best find of the Gillis era.

Players like Scandella, Muzzin, and Martinez are getting $4M per for 5 years. I can see Tanev's next contract falling in that range.

dankir

Did anybody head to the Jean Beliveau's funeral procession today? I was working from home and the weather is pretty garbage so I didn't make it out.

Who braved mother nature and attended?

calder

I know what will get us arguing worse than first round of the playoffs:

Sports worth watching.

Hockey (nhl, intl) >> baseball > NFL >> major international soccer events>>> curling > random olympic shit sports I wouldn't bother with except hey it's the olympics > random euro club soccer when it's an important game and ppl are losing their shit >> basketball > CFL (lol just die already) > college hockey > auto racing > other NCAA bullshit sports

zroid

Banned
I know what will get us arguing worse than first round of the playoffs:

Sports worth watching.

Hockey (nhl, intl) >> baseball > NFL >> major international soccer events>>> curling > random olympic shit sports I wouldn't bother with except hey it's the olympics > random euro club soccer when it's an important game and ppl are losing their shit >> basketball > CFL (lol just die already) > college hockey > auto racing > other NCAA bullshit sports

not much for me to argue with there

I'd put curling ahead of baseball though, and tennis right behind curling

I might get tickets to see Water Polo at the 2015 Pan Am Games

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Estimated 20-40 cms for Montreal. 5-10 for us.

My boss and former boss were working from home and a project manager only went to work cause he wanted to test his winter tires on his new Toyota.

calder

not much for me to argue with there

I'd put curling ahead of baseball though, and tennis right behind curling

I might get tickets to see Water Polo at the 2015 Pan Am Games

Huh I totally forgot about tennis and golf. They would both be pretty low for me, obviously, let's say ahead of auto racing.

I would totally go see water polo at least once if it was being played at a high level in my town. Just to see it, but I wonder if it's a rough spectator sport because so much of it is impossible to see live with all the thrashing.

Now, what I should have done is include esports... ;)
SC2 > Dota > Hearthstone > CS:GO > COD, other random competitive shooters >>>> Heroes of the Swarm (much more fun to play than Dota as it's dead simple, not nearly as fun to watch for the same reason) >>>>>> LoL

zroid

Banned
Huh I totally forgot about tennis and golf. They would both be pretty low for me, obviously, let's say ahead of auto racing.

golf is the kind of thing I might put on the TV while playing 3DS games or something

well, I do that for football too actually, lol

calder

Canadians that don't watch the CFL makes me sad.

It makes me feel vaguely disrespectful somehow, but I can't stand it. :( Too few teams, the Bombers have been just embarrassing for way too long, and watching a few minutes just makes me compare it to the NFL which is unfair but I can't help it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It makes me feel vaguely disrespectful somehow, but I can't stand it. :( Too few teams, the Bombers have been just embarrassing for way too long, and watching a few minutes just makes me compare it to the NFL which is unfair but I can't help it.

Bombers did ok this year, getting better.

Easist fight ever. Whip out the laser pointer, lead you towards a wall, kave_man is out cold.

I like watching CFL more than NFL. Other than the field differences, I don't really know any of the rule differences so it makes it completely random to me. It's great.

I find games pretty exciting. Going to live games is a lot of fun as well.

Schuey is displeased with the majority of Canada.

Majority of Canada likes the Leafs.

zroid

Banned
On the radio I hear people say the NFL has recently become more like the CFL in its heyday in terms of playstyle, which is supposedly a more exciting game. Meanwhile they say CFL has regressed for various reasons. I honestly don't know enough to comment, but it's interesting. I think they mean there is a greater focus on the passing game than slowly advancing the ball a few yards at a time.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
On the radio I hear people say the NFL has recently become more like the CFL in its heyday in terms of playstyle, which is supposedly a more exciting game. Meanwhile they say CFL has regressed for various reasons. I honestly don't know enough to comment, but it's interesting. I think they mean there is a greater focus on the passing game than slowly advancing the ball a few yards at a time.

A lot of QB injuries and poor reffing hurt the game a bit this season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's like watching a group of friends fight it out over something to eventually claim one is the champion.

With so few teams, it is a dull experience....

On the other side you have leagues with too many teams resulting in some teams having not won in a long time or ever.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The TSN info panel says that it's Wednesday Night Rival Night, which I believe is something that NBC does in the States. It's likely a deal with them to start the game at 8.

Sucks though
Right. I keep forgetting about these fabricated "Rivalry" nights that NBC is trying to shove down peoples throats.

Top Bottom