• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

I went to bed crazy early cause that's what you do on your birthday. The avs lost cause that's what you do when you suck and everyone is injured and even if they weren't it would probably be worse cause we wouldn't even have that as an excuse anymore.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Was at the Sharks v. Oilers game.

Damn . . . it was not nearly as fun as when I saw the game from the fourth row.

I think I'll buy fewer tickets but with better seats.
Nice to see you around more often. You'd disappear from time to time though I still consider you part of NHL GAF. Maybe cause you don't play as many games on Steam nowadays? :D

Give us McClellan... >=[

yyzjohn

Banned
Late on this but another Bernier win!

vU8912k.gif

Solo

Couldn't post last night since my harddrive died and I don't have any interest in GAF mobile.

AGally looked EXCELLENT at 1C. Most dangerous player on the ice all game long.

EDIT: also went 8/13, 62%, in the faceoff dot in his first full game at centre.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yep, a win tonight will help that even more. Which means we'll probably get embarrassed.

Edit:

0t0wZtV.png

I just want to take a moment to bask in this because it has been a while since I have seen this... so win today to keep that!!!!

Nahhhh let's hope for leafs to win the next 2 just so the division becomes a mess for everyone

dankir

Habs played good last night, glad they could win for Jean. I thought we'd be cursed to lose 4 straight based on how we played the last few games.

Good shit boys!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watched the condensed game. Did Patches and co. look as good as the condensed game showed? Looked like they had a ton of chances?
They were on the ice for 22 shots for and 1 against, so yea they were fantastic. They could have had another 2-3 goals if Miller wasn't playing as well as he did. I can't remember the last time we had a line dominate a top line that well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sens are apparently trying to build a new arena... In downtown Ottawa (about time)

Maybe they won't make I the largest arena in the nhl this time

Spl1nter

Sens are apparently trying to build a new arena... In downtown Ottawa (about time)

No chance a 20 year old arena gets replaced. I never understood why the NHL allowed teams to build their arenas in such shitty locations such as Glendale and Sunrise.

It's not the size arena of the arena rather than the location and ease of access.

Lebreton was one of the original locations they looked at before NCC shot it down although they're open to private proposals this time around.

Hopefully it gets approved as it makes too much sense but given the clusterfuck of Ottawa politics the cynic in me doubts it.

No chance a 20 year old arena gets replaced. I never understood why the NHL allowed teams to build their arenas in such shitty locations such as Glendale and Sunrise.

Assuming it gets approved it wouldn't happen for another ten years at least.

calder

Hey guys its my burrrthday :p

I luv u all.

Ducks fans the most tho.

dont_lie_to_me_harry_potter.gif

But happy bday anyway, despite the web of lies.

I looked for the much better Denzel "don't lie to me!" gif but couldn't find it. It's outrageous how overlooked Devil in a Blue Dress is, definitely his best movie. Also, Don Cheadle as Mouse is one of the best sidekick characters in noir film history... if anyone hasn't seen this stone fucking classic of a movie I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix everywhere. You will not find a better Denzel movie, period.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Kreider is back at practice today after missing the last game with neck spasms.

AV is not at practice, though. AV, Glen Sather, and Rod Gilbert are making up the NYR contingent attending Jean Beliveau's funeral.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How much snow is there in Montreal today and how well does the airport usually handle it?

On a positive note, that was the Canucks' longest road trip of the season, though they have two more 5-game trips. So hopefully they'll be fresh for the rest of the season.

On the other hand though, their second line has completely disappeared and their defence is still a train wreck outside of Edler and Tanev. Premier defencemen are in short supply and their prospect pool is thin in that position so that's a cause for concern now and in the future.

I'm gone till the weekend.

I don't have any inspiring words for Avs GAF so I leave you guys with this:
nDk4nPd.jpg

Last night's attendance. We're back to the dark ages. Hunter S. took his people and bounced.

Nice to see you around more often. You'd disappear from time to time though I still consider you part of NHL GAF. Maybe cause you don't play as many games on Steam nowadays? :D

Give us McClellan... >=[

I was just a play-offs fans in earlier years. For some reason, I've become interested in hockey. And of course, that means the Sharks probably won't make the play-offs this year.

And yeah, my gaming has dropped way down.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
On a positive note, that was the Canucks' longest road trip of the season, though they have two more 5-game trips. So hopefully they'll be fresh for the rest of the season.

On the other hand though, their second line has completely disappeared and their defence is still a train wreck outside of Edler and Tanev. Premier defencemen are in short supply and their prospect pool is thin in that position so that's a cause for concern now and in the future.
Tanev was the most impressive Canuck by a mile last night, his work on the 5 on 3 was pretty great.

Top Bottom