• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Our powerplay has been awful tonight.

when is our powerplay not, our boys stand still when they dont have the puck and expect the work to be done for them, and most of the time no one is in front of the net or screening the goalie. Put a big body in front its a simple idea yet not done.

when is our powerplay not, our boys stand still when they dont have the puck and expect the work to be done for them, and most of the time no one is in front of the net or screening the goalie. Put a big body in front its a simple idea yet not done.

Touche. We have the second worst powerplay % for a reason.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Touche. We have the second worst powerplay % for a reason.

it baffles me when they stand still, dont make lanes, or have no one infront of the net. As much as I like Maurice for what he did last year I question him and his coaching staff on powerplay management and why they arent even doing the basics.

Quick

Banned
I'm not watching the game, but I just checked Twitter and Nate Mac is out of the game with a head injury. What happened?

Orca

...we're not going to win this, are we?

I had to wait until it was over, so there wasn't a HERE COMES THE OILERS moment, especially when they just kept taking penalties...

GIF-amazed-jaw-drop-OMG-shock-shocked-Stephen-Colbert-surprised-unbelievable-wow-GIF.gif

But it's real!

tumblr_ngr8k0Rbxv1s58xblo1_500.gif

stephen-colbert-high-five-gif.gif

stephen-colbert-sassy-gif.gif

9f9c7228e8a4ba31ae65211b9786a85efb8c4af136a117d47b4c661f62f9e40e.gif

sorry...had to.

stephen-colbert-mic-drop-gif.gif

calder

absolutelysickening.jpg

Horrible loss, even though I tell myself that the Jets haven't had a realistic hope of making the playoffs in a month already losing like this still sucks. I only got home in time for the third and part of the second but from what I saw the Jets were clearly controlling play but were doing their usual "everything but score" routine.

God I'm going to be so furious when the Ducks get Matthews and the Jets win just enough to not get a top 10 pick.

Failed to beat Edmonton. Ugh, should have stopped watching in the 2nd period to play Xenoblade X.

I had to wait until it was over, so there wasn't a HERE COMES THE OILERS moment, especially when they just kept taking penalties...

GIF-amazed-jaw-drop-OMG-shock-shocked-Stephen-Colbert-surprised-unbelievable-wow-GIF.gif

But it's real!

tumblr_ngr8k0Rbxv1s58xblo1_500.gif

stephen-colbert-high-five-gif.gif

stephen-colbert-sassy-gif.gif

9f9c7228e8a4ba31ae65211b9786a85efb8c4af136a117d47b4c661f62f9e40e.gif

sorry...had to.

stephen-colbert-mic-drop-gif.gif

You gloat now, but let's see how the Oilers hold up when it's crunch time.

I was driving during the game so I missed it. Two empty net goals really mjke the score look worse. Obviously it was but from what I read it sounded more competitive than the score would suggest.

But anyway on the way back I saw a nasty nasty car wreck. It was snowing and wind was coming off the mountains pretty hard - I'm in Idaho for the week BTW - and we got to the scene of an accident probably 10-15 minutes after it happened. It looked like a car got pushed or slid on the ice and crossed lanes just as a semi was coming the other way. Semi pancaked the front of the sedan and the grill was up against the back seat of the car. Just totally flattened it and then went off road to be sitting at a 3/4 angle in the ditch. No way the driver of the car was alive. Absolutely no chance. There were I think 5 police cars parked and maybe 6-7 LEOs walking around putting down flares and all that so we drove slow. Saw everything. Thankfully it was dark otherwise we would have surely seen the blood that was certainly there.

One of the worst sights I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Top Bottom