• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Orca

Glad to see that if nothing else, you're keeping your expectations in check. I've been there when Edmonton has had a decent string of good performances before falling back to Earth hard.

I've been a fan since I was a little kid, so I've been through enough shitty SHITTY years that I'm not going to start planning a Cup parade route after a win or two, or six.

Megasoum

Banned
Was going through my old image folder and found that old screenshot I took of Fargo Season 2... I guess now we know what Carey is doing while healing is injury lol

2015-11-1119_35_32-fawhpge.png

Sheroking

History says they won't. That's why I'm gloating now!

Recent history says they play better mid and late year than they do early season, although I guess these Oilers have never been in a pressure situation this far into the season.

Thing is, they are the second most injured team in the league and the cumulative impact of those injuries is a runaway #1 in the NHL. They'll be a better, deeper more talented team later in the season than they are now.

Hell, seems like they'll be a better, deeper team on the damned 26th.

Solo

Another day, another Habs wet fart of a performance. Team is dogshit.

If we had any other GM, Therrien would already be gone. Bergevin is playing with fire the longer he keeps his BFF as coach.

You know I wouldn't mind Bruce Boudreau as the new Habs Coach....

Or Hitchcock

But noooooo French Media would throw a hissy fit because the Coach wouldn't be French

Foggy

Last place with the Quackies having 4 games in hand so the BJ's are going to own last place by themselves soon. I got nothing man, just a terrible year. Most noteworthy stuff around this team is Torts, a historically bad start, Johansen on the trade block, and Prout and Dubinsky getting up to all sorts of goonery. Lame.

zroid

Banned
This is a great analytics article on identifying defensive talent

it looks at plays where a shot attempt against has already occurred, and then evaluates a player based on how effective he is at suppressing subsequent shot attempts. the theory is it weeds out a lot of the noise from player deployment since once the first shot attempt against has occurred, defenders are roughly on equal footing, and their job is simply to get possession of the puck back.

the article looks at Luca Sbisa, and well, you can pretty much guess how that goes

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Line changes yet again. Had to break up that Glass-Zucc dynamic duo, I guess.

Nash-Stepan-Fast
Kreider-Brassard-Zuccarello
Lindberg-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Moore-Etem

Staal-McDonagh
Yandle-McIlrath
Summers-Boyle

Girardi and Klein are working rushes together. Don't expect to see them tonight, but I'm guessing both will be good to go after the break.

@mirtle: Leafs are 10-5-3 in their last 18 games after the win last night. A 105-point pace. Which is good.

Also 4-0-2 in their last six with 27 goals for (4.5 per game average). October is what's killing the Leafs season.

Goddamn I have the most love /hate relationship with my parents dog.

He is cute as hell and a sweet dog but holy shit his incessant barking at fucking everything drives me insane!!

He is really making me rethink ever getting a pet really ever again

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#Habs 5-v-5 shooting % in December is 4.2%, last in NHL, per @war_on_ice. They're 4th with 13 high-danger chances/60 over same span.

But but they're playing terribly

Habs are pretty much the reverse Flames from last season

I don't think we will win tonight either.Something needs to be done quickly before or after christmas.

Enough's Enough.

Please Wild.. go easy on us....

Yawnier

Banned
How is Bozak putting up points the way he is? He's the Advanced Stats Antihero

Noticed that a lot of his goals are breakaways

Maybe when Imbask comes back it will turn the Habs around.

Shouldn't he be coming back today?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
One GM laughed at speculation that Marc Bergevin likes Wayne Simmonds because he went to Philadelphia in-person. (For the record, Bergevin said he was there for Team Canada.) “Do you think Marc Bergevin needs to go to Philadelphia to see that Wayne Simmonds is good? Everyone already knows that. Without going there.”

zroid

Banned
How is Bozak putting up points the way he is? He's the Advanced Stats Antihero

Noticed that a lot of his goals are breakaways

Bozak's advanced stats have actually been good this year :lol

he's been playing sheltered af minutes (what he should always have done)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not sure why Leafs fans are happy about the team dropping their tank policy in favour of the Drive for 9th.

Who's dropping what policy?

They're just playing, save your comment for the trade deadline if you see us suddenly trading for vets and keeping guys for a playoff run.

Top Bottom