• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Foggy

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-can-predators-win-without-bold-move/
3. There were some rumours Columbus was going to deal Johansen before the trade moratorium kicked in, but that died down when he was in the lineup Saturday night against Philadelphia. One thing Johansen must realize: the microscope is on him. Everything he does is scrutinized. He gave a stick to a fan in Pittsburgh sitting behind glass that popped out during Monday’s loss to the Penguins, a nice gesture. But, there were reports he ignored John Tortorella during a timeout and there was a weird-looking moment where it appeared he did not celebrate a goal with his teammates during the Flyers game. Every move will be watched. Just play.

4. One of the most-asked questions about Johansen is if this is just another example of Tortorella’s tough love, which dates back to Vincent Lecavalier. The difference between that situation and this one is, back then, Jay Feaster came out and said the two were stuck with each other. No one was getting fired and no one was getting traded. Here, the Blue Jackets are being very honest in saying anyone could be moved after the tire-fire start the season. Johansen is scheduled to be unrestricted in July 2018. The closer you get to that date, the more the leverage slides to the player. You also risk a circus.

Yippee skippy

zroid

Banned
Nylander Bros.

nylanderbros43s3k.gif

Merguson

Banned
Looks like I missed a fun game last night? I ended up playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. How many fetch quests does this game have? Jesus.

God damnit Leafs.

CW2A5LhUEAA7DAx.png

Now this is a chart I can get behind.

Canucks are 29th in ROW. That might matter more than points, where they're 21st.

Still don't know why they're so far ahead of every other team though.

Miller is out, Cannata called up. Henrik will play tonight.

iLLmAtlc

Wait... Canucks have the best shot at first overall right now? Even though they're ahead of the BJs with a game in hand?

I'll take it! I just want to understand it

It's probably because the chart is trying to use forward looking data (corsi, scoring chances, schedule).

Shouldn't everyone be on break now? Where is he?

I know personally when I'm on here it's usually because I'm procrastinating >_>

zroid

Banned
It's probably because the chart is trying to use forward looking data (corsi, scoring chances, schedule).

Schedule is probably the main reason Leafs are so low. Apparently they've had the toughest sched in the East by a wide margin to this point, so naturally it would be getting a lot easier over the next few months.

well hopefully they buck the trend and suck down the stretch anyway. That would be very Leafy.

Cake Boss

Banned
SNES with a 4.3% chance.

Baaabbbby is injured so they called up Dzingel from AHL who is going to wear #43.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT. /Illuminati.

Merguson

Banned
A lot. :lol

I thought it was a pretty fun game but it got old after a while.

Origins is still my favorite DA game by far

You missed a fun game and ended up playing a boring ass game.

What a waste of $50 that was.

I paid less than $20 dollars so it's okay.

Even the Dragon Age character missions are fetch quests. No, fuck that. I'm just going to do the main story at this point. Probably doesn't help the last RPG I played before this was the Witcher 3, lol.

Socreges

Banned
I think I'll get Witcher 3 once I finish Bloodborne.

Should last me until Dark Souls III...

Fuck these massive games, though. Honestly wouldn't mind if they were shorter. MGSV took up 3 goddamn months of gaming...

I paid less than $20 dollars so it's okay.

Even the Dragon Age character missions are fetch quests. No, fuck that. I'm just going to do the main story at this point. Probably doesn't help the last RPG I played before this was the Witcher 3, lol.

If you only do main story quests, you'll finish the game in a hurry, and probably be disappointed. The bread and butter are your party characters and their interactions, so try to do those. And try to explore all the areas.

But requisitions can be pretty much skipped.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
During this run of no scoring, Galchenyuk has 9 points in 13 games, 2.7 points/60

Desharnais has 1 assist, gets 2 more minutes per game.

I wonder what Desharnais has on Therrien to keep black mailing him

Starting to think Kessel and Crosby might produce better if seperate. Last night Kessel looked different and I think being 'the guy' makes both of them better.

I think I'll get Witcher 3 once I finish Bloodborne.

Should last me until Dark Souls III...

Fuck these massive games, though. Honestly wouldn't mind if they were shorter. MGSV took up 3 goddamn months of gaming...

I'll still be playing Falllout this time next year, I'm sure of it.

I'm checking the weather for Christmas Eve and Christmas as it's going to be 12C on Christmas Eve and 10C on Christmas.

Like what the actual Fuck. The last time I think we had a green Christmas was like 10 years ago

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm checking the weather for Christmas Eve and Christmas as it's going to be 12C on Christmas Eve and 10C on Christmas.

Like what the actual Fuck. The last time I think we had a green Christmas was like 10 years ago

Christmas Eve is currently forecasted to be 72 degrees in NYC. That's over 22C in your crazy moon language up there.

Stasis

Rangers are in their home whites tonight because fuck you, why not.

Victory via shock and awe?

Tonight is the night Ducks fans get to see MVPerry and Baetzlaf. Hags will also probably score. Unless he's too hungover from massive partay session with Zucc and Brass that likely occurred last night.

Stasis

I'd say playing Dragon Age by itself is a chore.

Agreed. I was so hopeful. DA:O was one of my top titles. I even slogged through the second one because I just had to see it through. And then Inquisition. I stopped once and just never could bring myself to go back and finish it. Pre-ordered that shit too. So sad.

The Witcher redeemed open world RPG'ing for me, though. Soooooo good. Even if ginormous.

calder

I'm near the end of Fallout 4 and it starting to annoy me. The kinda crap storyline is forcing me into some bullshit decisions, my settlements are incredibly annoying and demanding, and since the last patch it's started crashing on me a LOT.

So as a change of pace and to free myself from feeling like I *have* to play fallout and kill more fucking ghouls for those useless assholes at Abernathy Farm I started Life is Strange, which I've owned for months but never had time for.

Goddamn this is such a perfect antidote to being frustrated with a kinda janky, side quest bloated AAA monstrosity like Fallout. Already in chapter 4 and just freaking loving it. Simple, beautiful, emotionally fulfilling... you LiS nerds were bang on.

Stasis

17 in Montreal for Xmas Eve. Crazy.

And I don't know exactly where you are but ain't no green going on here. It's just brown and gray and shitty. Xmas is the only time I want a foot of snow.

We paid $300 for snow removal this year. Keeps going up. It better fucking snow at some point, lol.

I too gave up on Fallout 4. Stopped to take a break and I can't for the life of me muster the interest to dive back in.

So I went back into Witcher 3. Did some story stuff. That was nice.

But now I've gone back to The Long Dark. Sadly, my Pleasant Valley save is borked - I can't leave the barn - and I have to start over. Which I did, and I'm back in the first area, and it's harder than I remembered. My guy got food poisoning from eating a 28% candy bar.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:(

I wish we Fired Therrien so we could've got Babcock.

We gotta screw over the Leafs somehow this year. Maybe it's getting Stamkos.
I know ownership there aren't spendthrifts, but do you honesty see them shelling out that much money for another coach AND a draft pick when your current coach got you pretty far? (Even though I think it's all Price)

calder

But now I've gone back to The Long Dark. Sadly, my Pleasant Valley save is borked - I can't leave the barn - and I have to start over. Which I did, and I'm back in the first area, and it's harder than I remembered. My guy got food poisoning from eating a 28% candy bar.

Fantastic game. And yes, it's definitely harder now, they've been adding more gameplay elements that up the difficulty but removing some of the more abstract things like finding firewood. Now you can't just take one step outside and "find wood" to your heart's content, you need to find fallen branches and shit. And the new injuries and illness shit.

The new area, Timberwolf Mountain, is no joke either. I started a new sandbox there and couldn't make it a week, almost no forage and harsh damn terrain.

Stasis

I too gave up on Fallout 4. Stopped to take a break and I can't for the life of me muster the interest to dive back in.

So I went back into Witcher 3. Did some story stuff. That was nice.

Took a break from FO4 too. Still finishing TW3's little expansion. Then I might do NG+ for a while until the next expac. Dunno if I'll go back to Fallout for a while. I want JC3 when all the PC issues are fixed. Too many games, not enough time. I'm done pre-ordering. Except for Mass Effect maybe. And possibly Cyberpunk 2077 if that ever comes out. I'm happy Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn aren't out for a while.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm near the end of Fallout 4 and it starting to annoy me. The kinda crap storyline is forcing me into some bullshit decisions, my settlements are incredibly annoying and demanding, and since the last patch it's started crashing on me a LOT.

So as a change of pace and to free myself from feeling like I *have* to play fallout and kill more fucking ghouls for those useless assholes at Abernathy Farm I started Life is Strange, which I've owned for months but never had time for.

Goddamn this is such a perfect antidote to being frustrated with a kinda janky, side quest bloated AAA monstrosity like Fallout. Already in chapter 4 and just freaking loving it. Simple, beautiful, emotionally fulfilling... you LiS nerds were bang on.

Awwww yissss

Edit : Im playing the TR reboot and Halo

Fantastic game. And yes, it's definitely harder now, they've been adding more gameplay elements that up the difficulty but removing some of the more abstract things like finding firewood. Now you can't just take one step outside and "find wood" to your heart's content, you need to find fallen branches and shit. And the new injuries and illness shit.

The new area, Timberwolf Mountain, is no joke either. I started a new sandbox there and couldn't make it a week, almost no forage and harsh damn terrain.

!!!

I have to actively scrounge for wood now!?! Oh man

It did feel much more 'sim' than I remembered it. In my previous-now-failed-save was the hardest part was calorie management, and the only really dicey times were when I got lost in a storm entering Pleasant Valley and was chased by wolves for what seemed like an eternity. Now it felt like a challenge just to get to the office near Mystery Lake. Damn that wind (and spoiled candy bar)!

Took a break from FO4 too. Still finishing TW3's little expansion.

Do you think the expansion is do-able at level 23? It says you should be at 32, and that seems sooooooo far away.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Victory via shock and awe?

Tonight is the night Ducks fans get to see MVPerry and Baetzlaf. Hags will also probably score. Unless he's too hungover from massive partay session with Zucc and Brass that likely occurred last night.

Hags will have 2G, 1A tonight. Though to be fair, one of the goals will be an empty netter.

zroid

Banned
Hunwick is out due to illness...

this is a good opportunity for someone to step up because Hunwick has been playing awful lately, but Babcock just loves him

Top Bottom