• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
shanahan-brendan_620-thumb-620xauto-360646.jpg

Fuck Shanaplans, fuck Lamoriello. Who else?

Stasis

Do you think the expansion is do-able at level 23? It says you should be at 32, and that seems sooooooo far away.

23 no, but earlier than 32 probably. I was at or past 32 already. I can't remember. I feel like the game is pretty easy and you can beat most "boss" mobs at a lower level than you're supposed to be but some encounters will just kick your ass randomly. I suppose it depends on your build/playstyle.

Hags will have 2G, 1A tonight. Though to be fair, one of the goals will be an empty netter.

Sounds about right. One will be on a breakaway. Has he succeeded at that in Anaheim yet? He used to get like 1 or 2 every game but he'd only score like 5 a season from them. He's probably due and he certainly knows Hank!

Since we are taking about games a little bit. For some reason I had the urge to break out my OG Xbox and play through some old games. Been playing some THUG, Halo 1&2, Timesplitters 2 and Battlefront 2 but oddly enough the game that has been getting played the most is Tiger Woods 06 for some weird reason :lol

It is addicting as fuck for some reason

Quick

Banned
Since we are taking about games a little bit. For some reason I had the urge to break out my OG Xbox and play through some old games. Been playing some THUG, Halo 1&2, Timesplitters 2 and Battlefront 2 but oddly enough the game that has been getting played the most is Tiger Woods 06 for some weird reason :lol

It is addicting as fuck for some reason

I always wanted to get Tiger Woods PGA Tour, but I just kept waiting for the next ones year after year until I lost interest. I remember it being a gorgeous game on PS3 and 360.

I spent so much time with Battlefront 2 playing with bots. I miss this game. I'm absolute garbage at EA Battlefront to the point where I'm just turned off by it at times.

I always wanted to get Tiger Woods PGA Tour, but I just kept waiting for the next ones year after year until I lost interest. I remember it being a gorgeous game on PS3 and 360.

I spent so much time with Battlefront 2 playing with bots. I miss this game. I'm absolute garbage at EA Battlefront to the point where I'm just turned off by it at times.

Tiger Woods used to be such a great game then EA fucked it up around 11 I wanna say.

But I like this one since it is still pretty arcadey feel too it. Putting up ridiculously low scores haha

BF2 Galactic Conquest is the fucking best. But yeah i have been playing with bots and me and my old friend have been doing playlists of quick action or whatever. Lots of fun.

Timesplitters 2 though is so fucking fun. Wish it got more love back then, also THUG is the greatest Tony Hawk game IMO

Quick

Banned
I wonder why can't you challenge icings? if you can challenge offsides, icing seems like the same idea.

Not exactly the same idea.

Offsides seem to only be challenged when there's a goal as a result of a missed call. At least, as far as I've seen this is the case. A lot of zone penetration by the offensive players are borderline offside a lot of times anyway.

Whether or not you review icing, play stops either way. Players get a quick rest and faceoff position is the only thing that'll be determined from that. While that's important, it's not going to directly affect goal differentials (as in, no goal was scored on an icing), like offside reviews have been.

zroid

Banned
Not exactly the same idea.

Offsides seem to only be challenged when there's a goal as a result of a missed call. At least, as far as I've seen this is the case. A lot of zone penetration by the offensive players are borderline offside a lot of times anyway.

Whether or not you review icing, play stops either way. Players get a quick rest and faceoff position is the only thing that'll be determined from that. While that's important, it's not going to directly affect goal differentials (as in, no goal was scored on an icing), like offside reviews have been.

That's what I meant, when a goal happens immediately after an icing, like for the Ducks just now

I mean I don't like offside reviews since it's usually so marginal and when it's a missed call it rarely affects the play, but just seems like it would be consistent to make icings similarly reviewable.

Quick

Banned
That's what I meant, when a goal happens immediately after an icing, like for the Ducks just now

How long was possession for the Ducks from puck drop to scoring the goal, and did they leave the Rangers' zone? Regardless of these, play was blown dead already for the icing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How long was possession for the Ducks from puck drop to scoring the goal, and did they leave the Rangers' zone? Regardless of these, play was blown dead already for the icing.

No, no. The Ducks committed a clear icing that wasn't blown dead and ended up in the net maybe 5 seconds later.

Regardless, tied at 1 after 1, Rangers actually looking like they were finding their game a little bit toward the end of the period there. Hopefully that continues.

zroid

Banned

No like, the Ducks iced the puck into the Rangers zone, but the call was missed, and they scored immediately

edit: beaten D: I'm going to get dinner!

Quick

Banned
No, no. The Ducks committed a clear icing that wasn't blown dead and ended up in the net maybe 5 seconds later.

Regardless, tied at 1 after 1, Rangers actually looking like they were finding their game a little bit toward the end of the period there. Hopefully that continues.

No like, the Ducks iced the puck into the Rangers zone, but the call was missed, and they scored immediately

edit: beaten D: I'm going to get dinner!

Jesus fuck. Well, okay.

Top Bottom