• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Pikma

Banned
RIP Pikma

http://media.tumblr.com/a4f9906a7d8d41bf5c501ea5dbafadd0/tumblr_inline_mg40dl5EWo1qholdk.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Foggy, post: 186045338"]Pikma's star just burned to bright. Flew to close to the sun. Brought a knife to a gun fight. My hero.[/QUOTE]

[quote="CreeperBlocks, post: 186046013"]RIP Pikma

You were one of the good ones[/QUOTE]

[quote="ShinRPGamer, post: 186046028"]Well holy shit, we got a casualty here on NHLGAF. First time I've seen that here. Going by Pikma's twitter feed it doesn't sound like it's permanent at least. RIP regardless.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Simon Belmont, post: 186046370"]It happens often enough. I'm sure Pikma is with us here in spirit.[/QUOTE]

[quote="kingslunk, post: 186050345"]RIP Pikma :([/QUOTE]

[quote="Silexx, post: 186051422"]Pikma got what he deserves. /hottake

[SPOILER]RIP Dude.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

[quote="shadowkat, post: 186056660"]Pikma :'([/QUOTE]

[quote="Dubbedinenglish, post: 186057161"]Pikma is alive he faked his ban to avoid paying debts.

#TeamAlive[/QUOTE]

[quote="Quick, post: 186059123"]Pikma :(

[IMG]http://media4.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/11/06/322/n/1922283/728c12978f2d92be_tumblr_mwji67R3w71sj1ltqo1_500AQFFYS.xxxlarge/i/When-Woody-says-goodbye-you-SOBBED.gif

...until you're back.

Pikma :(

I'll always remember getting thrashed in Squad Battles. RIP

RIP Pikma.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/MGS3-Snake-Salutes-The-Boss-Grave.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Calamari41, post: 187135998"]
Anyway, Pikma's funeral was very beautiful. A touching service.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Dastardly Jerks, post: 187139247"]May he AROOO from this life into the next.[/QUOTE]
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/pFf6YzfeUW7VyQnlpmbnrGzOqRAybMN2gIaP6t3z3zWX4CpXm1s1djRDYm7L7nbbRZ22ryWQ=w410-h313-nc

Socreges

Banned
Canucks are awful

Wouldn't mind it so much if they lost more in regulation instead of OT. At least then they'd be in a better tank position.

Erdrick

responding to a dipshit who acts like an asshole out of nowhere with 'fuck the leafs!!!! hurr kadri is a pussy!!1' doesn't make me similar to him in any way, despite you posting an image of a mirror, nice try though

So you missed that Kave (EDIT: Kuro, actually, not Kave.) and Quick said the same thing about the Jets prior? "FUCK DA JETS" or something similar before I even posted about the game? Nice.

the level of discourse is at least a notch above youtube comments or something you'd hear at a bar here, i'd prefer to keep it that away, but perhaps one day your dream of this thread being filled with people calling everyone pussies out of nowhere and being a shithead will come true

I was at the Jets game tonight and have just gotten home now and thus I shall respond to such accusations with:

Are you Mike Works?

I'm not sorry that my opinion forced you and some other Leaf fans to resort to bashing my city, it just shows how little you have to argue with in regards to an actual team. Ok, I'll go full Soc on you and post a bible of stuff to get up to your level of "Discourse".

The fact is that the Winnipeg Jets fucking thrashed (Ha!) your team tonight. Your team, who spent FIFTY FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS on a coach, not to mention recruiting a bunch of other notable front office guys this past summer, but basically did nil to improve the on-ice product. You shipped off one of the only decent talents that you even had for basically nothing. You're left with a Captain who is more notable for his bad contract than any type of play that he does, a goalie situation that is schizophrenic, A supposed future hall of famer (If the Toronto Globe & Mail is to be believed) in Nazem Kadri (Who bounced off Myers quite nicely tonight, I might add.) and the rest of a team who has the identity of Rob Ford at 4am on a Saturday night.

BUT BUT BUT REBUILD!

Sure, I've been hearing this for years from fucking Sportsnet, TSN and CBC. Saying how much depth (Where's Manics and Forza these days?) they have and whatever. Reimer is the goalie of the futu- oh wait, he's gonna be traded to Winnipeg for no other reason other than he's from Manitoba, never mind that he's no better than Pavelec, so why the fuck would we even trade for someone of the same mediocrity? Bernier? Well, that was top news today of him being demoted. Sure loved all the media going on and on and on about that piece of non-news. Sparks? lol ok, He shut out Edmonton. Plan the parade. The Jets exposed him as yet another average goalie in the Leafs system.

Christ, your team doesn't even have anyone who could fight with our tough guys, Thorburn or Peluso, so Peluso was so bored he scored his first goal in ages against you? Maybe Phaneuf could have tried to fight Ladd again but he would have just embarrassed himself further with his joke of a team.

You want to talk playoff appearances? Sure, you've had more recently, and we never have won a game with this new franchise yet, but our games were close and entertaining. Your husk of a team was up FOUR TO ONE and fucked it up in the most colossal failure possible for them. I'd sooner have some close games and lose like we did than how you guys blew up. Never mind that the Leafs haven't been a playoff relative team in my eyes since 1993. That was the last time they had any chance of winning the Cup, and guess what? The better Canadian original six team won in the end anyway.

The Leafs and their bunch of fans who have resigned themselves to losing are nothing more than the dregs of sport fandom. How the hell can you cheer for your team to LOSE? It's absolutely pathetic.

THE TANK! (Nice Avatar, BTW.)

lol

I'm not delusional, I know it will take time for the Jets to improve, but that's been the goal all along since we got the team here, 5 years ago. You don't see us losing on purpose to get a better draft pick. We've drafted superbly in the past 5 years (Scheifele, Trouba, Morrisey, Ehlers, and Connor) and the mentioned players there have become or will likely all be solid players in the NHL in the years to come. Not to mention, our future goalies like Connor Hellebuyck (You may have heard of him, he's beaten a couple of NHL teams already. Well, ONE NHL team. The other one was more of an AHL squad.)

The point is this:

The Winnipeg Jets will win a Stanley Cup before the Toronto Maple Leafs do. I'm not giving any time frame, just that we will win one long before Toronto will.

But please, continue to attack my city, myself personally, and call me a dipshit. I can understand, being a Leafs fan, you're used to continual mediocrity, and are touchy when someone questions the direction of your allmighty franchise. Because I sure as hell know that you don't have the on-ice product to keep you occupied.

IN OTHER NEWS:

I met Dale Hawerchuk today, and he was awesome. One of my childhood heroes from the original Jets and a true class act. I wish they never traded him to Buffalo. (Any Buffalo fans have any memories of him after he came there?)

pFf6YzfeUW7VyQnlpmbnrGzOqRAybMN2gIaP6t3z3zWX4CpXm1s1djRDYm7L7nbbRZ22ryWQ=w410-h313-nc

Welcome back dude

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
pikma you forgot my post

SENPAI NOTICE ME

Ha, perfect gif pikma.

Why did we stop doing after hours? Did the mods shut it down or something

... Kind of. Bish dropped by once and I think that was the last time we saw him or so. We then self-imposed an end of after hours.

Also I got banned for posting underboob. I'm still mad.

By the way does anyone (Tampa-GAF?) know why their fans boo at Kucherov in games? Was at Amalie Arena last month watching the game and was kinda puzzled by that. Forgot to ask then.

Curufinwe

Cute story.
1449114184453.jpg

An ice hockey-mad couple were so committed to the sport they attended a game on their wedding day.

The Minnesota Star Tribune reported Auckland-based couple Erica Skuta and Lewis Blake were married in Skuta's home state of Minnesota on Saturday, a date which coincided with a showdown between the Minnesota Wild and the Dallas Stars ice hockey teams.

The newlywed couple attended the game after their wedding ceremony, in full bridal regalia.

At Saturday's game, Blake held a sign that read: "I flew 8044 miles from New Zealand to be at this game (and to get married)."

Erdrick

Must've been low on MP

While I don't mind the cat taking the blame for anything, it was me who said fuck da jets.

Team won and still salty,..

Apologies to Kave for the misdirected quote then. Thanks for the correction. Otherwise, what I posted earlier still stands.

imBask

Banned
Imagine if they trade Eberle and get Mathews.

McDavid
Mathews
Draisaitl
RNH

Dat center depth /manics

Defence :lol

we've been saying "imagine if they get X" every year for the past 5-6 years now, they always do and it never works... gotta love the oilers

Top Bottom