• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

zroid

Banned
Woah. Rumours that the 2018 WJC in Buffalo will feature an outdoor game between US vs Canada at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

pFf6YzfeUW7VyQnlpmbnrGzOqRAybMN2gIaP6t3z3zWX4CpXm1s1djRDYm7L7nbbRZ22ryWQ=w410-h313-nc

HE LIVES!!!!

Of course they do. Even when not being run by a bunch of idiots, they still want to get rid of everyone that is remotely talented.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I think about it, Jaromir Jagr has been in the league for about as long as I've been a Rangers fan, since I started really following the Rangers around the time of the Messier trade.

Which happened after Jagr had already won a Stanley Cup. 0.o

Quick

Banned
So you missed that Kave (EDIT: Kuro, actually, not Kave.) and Quick said the same thing about the Jets prior? "FUCK DA JETS" or something similar before I even posted about the game? Nice.

I was at the Jets game tonight and have just gotten home now and thus I shall respond to such accusations with:

Are you Mike Works?

I'm not sorry that my opinion forced you and some other Leaf fans to resort to bashing my city, it just shows how little you have to argue with in regards to an actual team. Ok, I'll go full Soc on you and post a bible of stuff to get up to your level of "Discourse".

The fact is that the Winnipeg Jets fucking thrashed (Ha!) your team tonight. Your team, who spent FIFTY FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS on a coach, not to mention recruiting a bunch of other notable front office guys this past summer, but basically did nil to improve the on-ice product. You shipped off one of the only decent talents that you even had for basically nothing. You're left with a Captain who is more notable for his bad contract than any type of play that he does, a goalie situation that is schizophrenic, A supposed future hall of famer (If the Toronto Globe & Mail is to be believed) in Nazem Kadri (Who bounced off Myers quite nicely tonight, I might add.) and the rest of a team who has the identity of Rob Ford at 4am on a Saturday night.

BUT BUT BUT REBUILD!

Sure, I've been hearing this for years from fucking Sportsnet, TSN and CBC. Saying how much depth (Where's Manics and Forza these days?) they have and whatever. Reimer is the goalie of the futu- oh wait, he's gonna be traded to Winnipeg for no other reason other than he's from Manitoba, never mind that he's no better than Pavelec, so why the fuck would we even trade for someone of the same mediocrity? Bernier? Well, that was top news today of him being demoted. Sure loved all the media going on and on and on about that piece of non-news. Sparks? lol ok, He shut out Edmonton. Plan the parade. The Jets exposed him as yet another average goalie in the Leafs system.

Christ, your team doesn't even have anyone who could fight with our tough guys, Thorburn or Peluso, so Peluso was so bored he scored his first goal in ages against you? Maybe Phaneuf could have tried to fight Ladd again but he would have just embarrassed himself further with his joke of a team.

You want to talk playoff appearances? Sure, you've had more recently, and we never have won a game with this new franchise yet, but our games were close and entertaining. Your husk of a team was up FOUR TO ONE and fucked it up in the most colossal failure possible for them. I'd sooner have some close games and lose like we did than how you guys blew up. Never mind that the Leafs haven't been a playoff relative team in my eyes since 1993. That was the last time they had any chance of winning the Cup, and guess what? The better Canadian original six team won in the end anyway.

The Leafs and their bunch of fans who have resigned themselves to losing are nothing more than the dregs of sport fandom. How the hell can you cheer for your team to LOSE? It's absolutely pathetic.

THE TANK! (Nice Avatar, BTW.)

lol

I'm not delusional, I know it will take time for the Jets to improve, but that's been the goal all along since we got the team here, 5 years ago. You don't see us losing on purpose to get a better draft pick. We've drafted superbly in the past 5 years (Scheifele, Trouba, Morrisey, Ehlers, and Connor) and the mentioned players there have become or will likely all be solid players in the NHL in the years to come. Not to mention, our future goalies like Connor Hellebuyck (You may have heard of him, he's beaten a couple of NHL teams already. Well, ONE NHL team. The other one was more of an AHL squad.)

The point is this:

The Winnipeg Jets will win a Stanley Cup before the Toronto Maple Leafs do. I'm not giving any time frame, just that we will win one long before Toronto will.

But please, continue to attack my city, myself personally, and call me a dipshit. I can understand, being a Leafs fan, you're used to continual mediocrity, and are touchy when someone questions the direction of your allmighty franchise. Because I sure as hell know that you don't have the on-ice product to keep you occupied.

IN OTHER NEWS:

I met Dale Hawerchuk today, and he was awesome. One of my childhood heroes from the original Jets and a true class act. I wish they never traded him to Buffalo. (Any Buffalo fans have any memories of him after he came there?)

http://youtu.be/EuJzSTNDUGI

tumblr_me44g7P0br1ql6c6go3_500.gif

tumblr_me44g7P0br1ql6c6go2_500.gif

There's so much sodium in this post, it's giving me gout.

This inferiority complex you're displaying is really quite something. I'm so sorry that I've offended the People of Winnipeg. Let me send over some craft beer and Zanzibar strippers to make it all better. Want me to put a bandaid on your wound too? Someone must've poured in a shit ton of alcohol with the pain you're displaying.

We're sorry that the Leafs aren't the sparkling organization known as the Winnipeg Jets. Gonna drown myself in some Tabris-approved, Michelin-rated five-star burgers to dull out this shame.

We're so sorry that Uncle Gary threw your old team in the desert (sorry, Cosmic Queso). That must still hurt. Let Toronto send over some of our dregs to fill your roster.

Stay #blessed, Winnipeg.

Woah. Rumours that the 2018 WJC in Buffalo will feature an outdoor game between US vs Canada at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

This is going to be our NHL-gaf meet up.

Everybody who can make it in Buffalo in 2018. Far enough out to plan, far enough out to save money for.

This gets rid of the issue of bias while watching our teams' games, also the terrible hockey played at the All-Star Game, won't be impossibly expensive Stanley Cup tickets, and won't be even more expensive Olympics tickets.

What do you guys say?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
When the jets don't make the playoffs this year I'm going to PM him those posts
Lol if it's worth anything, I thought they were going to make it this season.

Should really be Slackupov first.

When you think about it, being the GM of the Oilers is a dream job for Chiarelli. Nothing BUT young talent to run out of town.
Should have more trades with the Leafs...

Apologies to Kave for the misdirected quote then. Thanks for the correction. Otherwise, what I posted earlier still stands.
I wonder if I should've let him keep the blame on that. LOL

you're taking this way too seriously.

http://youtu.be/EuJzSTNDUGI

tumblr_me44g7P0br1ql6c6go3_500.gif

tumblr_me44g7P0br1ql6c6go2_500.gif

There's so much sodium in this post, it's giving me gout.

This inferiority complex you're displaying is really quite something. I'm so sorry that I've offended the People of Winnipeg. Let me send over some craft beer and Zanzibar strippers to make it all better. Want me to put a bandaid on your wound too? Someone must've poured in a shit ton of alcohol with the pain you're displaying.

We're sorry that the Leafs aren't the sparkling organization known as the Winnipeg Jets. Gonna drown myself in some Tabris-approved, Michelin-rated five-star burgers to dull out this shame.

We're so sorry that Uncle Gary threw your old team in the desert (sorry, Cosmic Queso). That must still hurt. Let Toronto send over some of our dregs to fill your roster.

Stay #blessed, Winnipeg.
How dare you talk like that about the future Stanley Cup champions!

Merguson

Banned
There was salt? Why? It's Winnipeg versus a rebuilding team. It's like the Grey Cup. No one cares.

Just go do something else.

Yawnier

Banned
The Winnipeg Jets will win a Stanley Cup before the Toronto Maple Leafs do. I'm not giving any time frame, just that we will win one long before Toronto will.

Not saying the leafs will win a cup before the jets (cause that would be ridiculous lmao), but GL doing so while in the central division over the next decade and with Paul Maurice as your hc.

Foggy

I like JetsGAF they're folksy unlike the cosmopolitan frou frou legion of LeafsGAF. All this classism got me more triggered than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Jets will win a cup before the Leafs

mark my words, print them, stick em on yo fridge

I have an easier time imagining neither of them winning a cup than either of them.

Edit: Also, it's not like the Jets have a window opening up in the next three or four years. They're fucked in the division/conference they're in. I'd be surprised if the Jets won a playoff game before the Maple Leafs did.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I like JetsGAF they're folksy unlike the cosmopolitan frou frou legion of LeafsGAF. All this classism got me more triggered than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

You bring up the term "triggering?" A rape term? Are you a rape apologist?

imBask

Banned
oh I get it, you all think Quebec will separate before next year, which would then lead to Canada not getting a cup

Calamari41

41 > 38
No Canadian team will ever win a Cup again. This fate will be sealed as the last standing Canadian team is finally moved to the Sun Belt (Your Albuquerque Maple Leafs) in the year of our lord two thousand forty five

Everybody who can make it in Buffalo in 2018. Far enough out to plan, far enough out to save money for.

This gets rid of the issue of bias while watching our teams' games, also the terrible hockey played at the All-Star Game, won't be impossibly expensive Stanley Cup tickets, and won't be even more expensive Olympics tickets.

What do you guys say?

I'll have beds for you to sleep on!

Cake Boss

Banned

What do you guys say?

I am in for this nerd orgy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good call on the Zanzibar recommendation Red.
Even had one of the strippers invite me to go on a pub crawl with her after she was done work.
Which I totally would've done if I didn't have to wake up early tomorrow. Sometimes I really hate this job.

I'm glad you made it, it's one of my favourite strip clubs in Ontario, the girls are pretty great too.

Late to this but best gentleman's club I've been to in Ontario is The Sundowner in Niagara Falls. Nice mix of classy with not so classy, whatever you want. And they have a buffet (pukes).

Apologies to Kave for the misdirected quote then. Thanks for the correction. Otherwise, what I posted earlier still stands.

I do not accept this apology, as captain of Leafs-GAF I officially challenge you to fight me.

Save all your salt from my teammates and fight me instead!

Also Quick fight me. We are about inclusion in Leafs-GAF, how dare you insult kat with your zanzibar meetup!

Top Bottom