• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Yawnier

Banned
Leafs actually need more losses like this. Brings the team morale down and spirals into more and more losses. Leafs need to keep up with the Oilers for the best possible odds in the lottery. I know all the close games were fun to watch, but honestly I'm not looking for points from this team. Babcock be damned.

I'm pro tank (see avy) but have mixed feelings on this.

Mark Hunter will do his homework wherever he draft, whether it be 2nd overall or 8th overall. Hunts, Dubas, and the other CHL scouts that were recently hired will know this years draft class extremely well.

zroid

Banned
I was thinking of making an OT for the World Juniors, y'know, with some actual information and shit (don't get your expectations too high though)

but is it worthwhile? cause I dunno how many people actually care

Yawnier

Banned
I was thinking of making an OT for the World Juniors, y'know, with some actual information and shit (don't get your expectations too high though)

I care and a few other leaf fans probably care

Don't know how many others there are, though.

zroid

Banned

Mark Hunter will do his homework wherever he draft, whether it be 2nd overall or 8th overall. Hunts, Dubas, and the other CHL scouts that were recently hired will know this years draft class extremely well.

yeah the gung-ho tank stuff is garbage. you don't need that to rebuild. Or maybe some franchises do. And others are the Oilers.

The best thing for the Leafs right now is to play well enough to establish some trade value for their veterans. If they can do that, then the losses will come anyway after the purge.

In addition, the young players will have better a chance to develop on the fly. They can't really do that as much in an absolute tire fire.

calder

Do it!

My second favourite part of taking the week after Christmas off is watching a shit ton of WJHC.

yyzjohn

Banned

I agree but better to give them the highest possible pick no? Let them find the gems in the other rounds after hitting a home run with the #1 pick

Yawnier

Banned
I agree but better to give them the highest possible pick no? Let them find the gems in the other rounds after hitting a home run with the #1 pick

Of course the highest possible pick is fantastic. Adding a player like Matthews or Chychrun to the pool along with Nylander and Marner probably prob gives us a top 3 prospect pool in the NHL, along with all the other prospects we already have and the draft picks we have for next year (which is like 10 or 11 I think).

But is it worth it to lose embarrassingly bad almost every game from here on out until early April for the sake of drafting 2nd overall versus lets say 7th or 8th overall, while possibly alienating our young players on the big club like Rielly, Harrington because they are on such a tire fire of a team? Then not getting as good draft picks for our UFAs like PAP, Matthias, Boyes and having to call up more younger players from the Marlies into a shitty environment after the trade deadline anyways? Idk man but I get your point.

Of course the highest possible pick is fantastic. Adding a player like Matthews or Chychrun to the pool along with Nylander and Marner probably prob gives us a top 3 prospect pool in the NHL, along with all the other prospects we already have and the draft picks we have for next year (which is like 10 or 11 I think).

But is it worth it to lose embarrassingly bad almost every game from here on out until early April for the sake of drafting 2nd overall versus lets say 7th or 8th overall, while possibly alienating our young players on the big club like Rielly, Harrington because they are on such a tire fire of a team? Then not getting as good draft picks for our UFAs like PAP, Matthias, Boyes and having to call up more younger players from the Marlies into a shitty environment after the trade deadline anyways? Idk man but I get your point.

It's only a 20% chance at #30. Not worth setting up a losing culture for a 7-12% better chance at getting #1 overall.

RC

Banned
Good call on the Zanzibar recommendation Red.
Even had one of the strippers invite me to go on a pub crawl with her after she was done work.
Which I totally would've done if I didn't have to wake up early tomorrow. Sometimes I really hate this job.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good call on the Zanzibar recommendation Red.
Even had one of the strippers invite me to go on a pub crawl with her after she was done work.
Which I totally would've done if I didn't have to wake up early tomorrow. Sometimes I really hate this job.
I'm glad you made it, it's one of my favourite strip clubs in Ontario, the girls are pretty great too.

W2FETbK.jpg

RC

Banned
I'm glad you made it, it's one of my favourite strip clubs in Ontario, the girls are pretty great too.

I can see why, some top notch ladies were performing tonight.
This no cover thing is great too. Back in Van, most strip
clubs have cover plus the lapdances cost 3 times as much.

Red_Man

I can see why, some top notch ladies were performing tonight.
This no cover thing is great too. Back in Van, most strip
clubs have cover plus the lapdances cost 3 times as much.
Girls are definitely some of the best I've seen in any strip club, I'm surprised it's that cheap compared to Vancouver. Zanizbar is one of the more expensive places around here.

iLLmAtlc

what in the blue hell, loui eriksson is point per game? (23GP 21P)

gutless contract year player if i've ever seen one

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, that was one of our best games of the year and we managed to drop a point from it. A bit of a market correction to the numerous games earlier in the season that we won where maybe we didn't deserve to.

Unfortunately we only have one more game against the Isles at Barclays this season, and it's in January. I'll have to go to that one, too. Atmosphere was tremendous, and really the rest of the arena aside from the seating configuration is pretty damn nice. My seat was actually pretty great, though, despite what it looked like in my pictures.

Back at it tomorrow against the Avs. I'm expecting a huge letdown coming right off of this one.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently I missed some salt.

Hey, we're only being outshot by 4. #progress

Do it. Probably only NHLgaf will post, but it won't clutter up the thread.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
where is this team

the leafs have more recent playoff success than the jets, think about that breh

you're getting ahead of yourself, maybe wait until you win a single playoff game

you haven't seen your team win a playoff game since 1996, and you're in the central division, what an enviable position

and as the ultimate joke, you live in winnipeg

anyway congrats on turning this place into hfboards by acting like a dipshit you find in comment sectionsanyone who reads this thread must know this isn't the case right, i'm not even watching the game and i like most of us hope we finish dead last for another high pick, nylander and marner need a friend nahmean

here's a mirror
mirror.png

oh the irony of that post
images

RC

Banned
Girls are definitely some of the best I've seen in any strip club, I'm surprised it's that cheap compared to Vancouver. Zanizbar is one of the more expensive places around here.

Our most expensive strip club is Brandi's. $15 cover, $60 for a lapdance and the women aren't nearly as hot as they are at Zanzibar. You eastern folk don't know good you have it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Our most expensive strip club is Brandi's. $15 cover, $60 for a lapdance and the women aren't nearly as hot as they are at Zanzibar. You eastern folk don't know good you have it.

And here I always thought $20 was a universal standard.

Red_Man

Damn. I will appreciate it that much more the next time I'm there.

eyeless

here's a mirror
http://sobermomwrites.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mirror.png[/IMG
oh the irony of that post
[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMYRWkK1dBSp-TCob0OVMd5k8EyKkaHcSVJxwme5naEhJh3q7Q[/IMG[/QUOTE]responding to a dipshit who acts like an asshole out of nowhere with 'fuck the leafs!!!! hurr kadri is a pussy!!1' doesn't make me similar to him in any way, despite you posting an image of a mirror, nice try though

the level of discourse is at least a notch above youtube comments or something you'd hear at a bar here, i'd prefer to keep it that away, but perhaps one day your dream of this thread being filled with people calling everyone pussies out of nowhere and being a shithead will come true

Quick

Banned
I watched PSY's music video for Daddy, and...

cl-1448902580.gif

God damn.

There's something about an Asian girl with blonde hair that gets me.

Probably killed her hair with the bleach though.

iLLmAtlc

AA planned offer to Price before Shapiro came to town

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports that the former Jays general manager had intended to offer the newly minted Boston Red Sox ace a deal and began with the groundwork back in August, before the appointment of new president and CEO Mark Shapiro.

feel kinda bad for shapiro, the daggers keep coming and he hasn't even officially been the boss for a game yet

http://www.tsn.ca/report-anthopoulos-planned-offer-to-price-1.403438

Top Bottom