• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Orca

Well, he couldn't succeed on the Leafs and Oilers, two of the worst teams in the league, you can judge by that.

He's a decent goaltender if you don't need him to stop 45+ shots every single night, 20-25 of which are high percentage chances because the defence can't remember where the slot is or how to pick up the open man. Though, to be fair, it's really hard for any goaltender to be much more than 'decent' when those are the conditions they play in.

Delryk

Them AHL numbers this year... wow..

Ben Scrivens 10 553:42 32 1 3.47 2 6 1 299 267 0.893

Dustin Tokarski 8 487:38 26 0 3.20 2 3 3 260 234 0.900

The question I'm asking myself now is why Oilers' farm team is struggling to be a .500 club?.. Shouldn't they be a powerhouse with all them high draft picks in the last 5-6 years? Doesn't matter if you have 5-6 of 'em on the NHL club with all those years. They should still have a good core group. Guess not...

Don't worry, pack leader. I've already alerted the mods. He won't be bothering Yotes Nation much longer.

howling-coyote-700x325.jpg

Oops. I'm sorry! Quick put us up to it. Still our fault for letting him influence us like that.

Love that Coyote pic, I used it awhile back and tried out Pixelmator on my phone and made this

CwP75bI.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Oh man, what a hot take. You're full of such amazing hot takes.

BTW, Colorado is only running 91% of capacity at home, 24th in the league. All those fans. 262k fans in 16 games versus Arizona's 210k in 16 games. Yeah, Colorado is the pinnacle of hockey fandom. GTFO.

I dunno, I'm sure a hockey superfan like yourself would know such trivia as attendance. Liking the Coyotes, I don't even know why they have those two blue lines on the ice.

Is that really all you have? Knocking attendance and ownership in Arizona? That's so 2009.

Weird. That should make them easy to beat, and easy to pass in the standings. Yet there Colorado is, losing last night and behind in the standings.

This new hot take of yours is something. If being the longest tenured captain in the league, two World Championships as captain of Team Canada, member of the Olympic team, almost 900 points and an all around great human being is a joke to you, well, good luck to you I guess.

Step your game up, son. It's lacking.
Goddamn you're tedious

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, lol.

Man, I know the Coyotes are probably leaving. But what can I do about it? I didn't sign any lease agreements, I don't have any pull in gov't. I just like the team, have great memories with friends and family there and think it's a great rink and place to watch the sport.

If they leave, they leave. Nothing I can do about it.
Blackhawks bandwagon doors are open for you. Climb aboard.

Erdrick

Yeah, lol.

Man, I know the Coyotes are probably leaving. But what can I do about it? I didn't sign any lease agreements, I don't have any pull in gov't. I just like the team, have great memories with friends and family there and think it's a great rink and place to watch the sport.

If they leave, they leave. Nothing I can do about it.

If this place existed in 1994 and you changed a little bit of the above post, (Jets instead of Coyotes, for instance...) this could very well be something I typed back then. =(

Sucks to lose an NHL team... One of the worst days of my life was when they left. Regardless of the size of your fanbase in Arizona, clearly there are diehards like yourself whom will be crushed if your team relocates. I haven't paid attention, but is there any news on them staying or moving again?

Also, anyone who is a fan of Teppo Numminen is good in my books.

Marvie_3

Banned
If this place existed in 1994 and you changed a little bit of the above post, (Jets instead of Coyotes, for instance...) this could very well be something I typed back then. =(

Sucks to lose an NHL team... One of the worst days of my life was when they left. Regardless of the size of your fanbase in Arizona, clearly there are diehards like yourself whom will be crushed if your team relocates. I haven't paid attention, but is there any news on them staying or moving again?

Also, anyone who is a fan of Teppo Numminen is good in my books.
About the only recent thing has been Glendale hiring a new arena management group that isnt the Coyotes ownership group. That should tell you a lot.

Goddamn you're tedious

image.php

Blackhawks bandwagon doors are open for you. Climb aboard.

Thanks! But I already have an RSVP to join Quack Nation once the trucks leave. Appreciated though!

Sucks to lose an NHL team... One of the worst days of my life was when they left. Regardless of the size of your fanbase in Arizona, clearly there are diehards like yourself whom will be crushed if your team relocates.

Wouldn't wish losing a team on my worst enemy. Still see plenty of Jets jerseys in Glendale. One season ticket holder has been wearing the same Jets jersey to every game for as long as I can remember. And they do the white out whenever they make the playoffs.

zroid

Banned
Kuznetsov in the Players Tribune: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/evgeny-kuznetsov-capitals-russia-hockey/

this is awesome

Practice is much different in Russia. We skate, skate, skate. As a kid, that was the focus of the coaches — to make sure you were skating the proper way. No hitting, no dump in corner. Practice was about playing hockey — scrimmage, one-on-one, lots of skills. This is the Russian style. When I come to America, guys ask, “Is it like Red Army? You skating with weights and stuff?”

No, that’s different time. For kids my age, it’s skill, skill, skill.

My father teach me, too. First thing, you never look at puck. Eyes always up. Look left, right, forward. You look down, it’s over. Even now, if I look down at puck in a game, my dad let me know about it. He texts me. If I score three goals but I don’t have an assist, he texts me. Because he teach me to be unselfish. You have to play for your partner. This is very Russian, this principle. I guess because of the Red Machine.

But this works only when all five guys working together perfect. If a guy skates in and shoots from blue line without passing, it’s like he doesn’t have respect. That’s how we play in Russia. When I come to America last year to play in NHL, I learn it’s a little different.

In my team in KHL, if you dump the puck, coach might put you on bench and you never go out and play hockey again. It’s true.

If you’re a forward and you dump it, like maybe once they say, “Hey, hey, come on. What you doing?”

Next time you do it, that’s it. You must be crazy.

My first 10 games in NHL, I don’t understand why guys keep dumping puck. I’m looking at coach like, Is he going to say something? And he’s like, happy about it.

Even Ovi. I see him dump it. I’m looking at him like, What?!

My decision to come play in NHL was easy for me. My last season in KHL, I had a lot of injuries. I wasn’t scoring a lot. I feel like I need a new start for my career. And of course, I get to play with Ovi. Come on, this is great.

First practice in Washington, I see Ovi and my legs are shaking. I’m so nervous. He’s legend in Russia. He called me right away when I was drafted by Capitals. Every summer he text me: When you coming to Washington? Now finally I’m on his team. I feel like I’m 16-year-old kid.

Everybody know Ovi from his stats. But I tell you, when you get on the ice with him and you see his shot for the first time, it’s crazy. It’s so, so hard. When I shoot, I can see my puck. When he shoots … Oh, come on. Where’s the puck?

To play with him every day is really special, especially for Russian.

For me, it’s same hockey. Same since I was a little boy. I just want to play hockey, come home. Watch the Family Feud, go to bed. Wake up, play hockey again. That’s perfect for me. The only difference is that now I have a family who I must take care of as well — and they mean the most to me.

Who knows, maybe some bored Russian kid is watching my YouTube now. That would be cool.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably be missing tonight's game, so I'll just say that there's no excuse for keeping Dylan McIlrath out of the lineup even with Girardi and Klein back.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is Perfectly Fine.
Haven't kept up with things today, is Emelin a healthy scratch or injured? If he's a healthy scratch, that's pretty big. It's deserved but he's Therrien's boy.

Sounds a lot like what Igor Larionov was saying a year ago or whenever it was about skill being coached out of the game in NA hockey.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I appreciate finally using a 4 forward PP setup, but having DD as the point guy seems sub optimal

Does the game look super washed out to anyone else?
Looks fine when they show the replay, but the live view is fucked up. Contrast is out of whack.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I appreciate finally using a 4 forward PP setup, but having DD as the point guy seems sub optimal

Looks fine when they show the replay, but the live view is fucked up. Contrast is out of whack.

Yeah, the main camera is fucked or something.

Power play actually looks good.

Top Bottom