• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Quick

Banned
NHL to host first-ever Outdoor Women's Classic

NEW YORK - As part of the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® festivities, the National Hockey League (NHL) will host the first-ever Outdoor Women's Classic presented by Scotiabank, an abbreviated exhibition game on the outdoor rink at Gillette Stadium. Fans that have a ticket to the 2016 NHL Winter Classic® Alumni Game (3:30 p.m. ET) can use that ticket to gain early entry into the stadium to watch the Outdoor Women’s Classic (2:00 p.m. ET). Gates will open at 1:30 p.m. ET. There is no separate ticket available for the exhibition game.

Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. ET: Outdoor Women's Classic presented by Scotiabank

Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 at 3:30 p.m. ET: 2016 NHL Winter Classic® Alumni Game presented by Molson Canadian

Friday, Jan. 1, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. ET: 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®

"Two days with three Boston-Montreal rival match-ups is a great way to celebrate hockey," said Bill Daly, NHL Deputy Commissioner. "A new year signifies a new chapter and we look forward to sharing the ice for the first time with two professional women's teams on the League's biggest stage."

The outdoor game will feature the Boston Pride of the newly-formed National Women's Hockey League (NWHL) versus Les Canadiennes of the Canadian Women’s Hockey League (CWHL).

Looks like they were able to sort out the scheduling issues with the USA Hockey Women's Development camp.

If it's going to be Toronto/New York for the next Winter Classic, they should do a full (vs. "abbreviated") women's exhibition game again with the Toronto Furies and New York Riveters.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good example of how much the score can changes peoples opinions there, Jason York saying that was the best first period the Habs have played since November, when it was actually one of their worst outside of the Dallas and Caps games. The only difference is they actually scored on one of their chances this time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Good example of how much the score can changes peoples opinions there, Jason York saying that was the best first period the Habs have played since November, when it was actually one of their worst outside of the Dallas and Caps games. The only difference is they actually scored on one of their chances this time.

Jason York is an idiot.

Socreges

Banned
Jason York is an idiot.
Hockey commentators use the score to shape their narrative for two reasons:

- it's easy
- the common hockey fan can follow

They can't often talk about how hockey is in many ways a game of chance. That would only undermine the sport itself.

Red_Man

Quick, give DD and Weise more ice time then AGally, don't want him getting cocky with those moves on the blue line

Ghetto and Pateryn need to be permanent additions to the lineup.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Condon made a save accidentally lol

I'm actually liking Barberio, he's got some skills. Hasn't been great in the D zone, but I don't think any of them have this game.

zroid

Banned
Tampa hated Barberio but his numbers were good last year

I always thought it was crazy they played Sustr and Carle over him

Red_Man

Barberio looked very good in preseason, I was surprised no one claimed him off waivers. Very capable 5-6 guy, and even a 4 guy for some teams.

zroid

Banned
h13MliY.png

lol

KingBroly

Banned
I duno, let's ask King Broly

I dunno...he kinda looks like Brock Lesnar when he grew his beard out.

He got the nickname during the series against the Bruins, especially in Game 7 when the Bruins guy tried to intimidate him but he didn't flinch.

I went to the Lightning-Caps game in Tampa in 2011 where Holtby came in for Neuvirth in relief and he played like a fucking madman. That one save he made in the second was insane.

Red_Man

Oh fuck there's another period left?
DD is getting slaughtered by Stamkos, so if Therrien keeps him with Patches (He will) it's only a matter of time until Stamkos' line scores, along with the patented weak third period goal.

4-2 Tampa.

Red_Man

The biggest difference between Pateryn and Emelin aside from obvious hockey IQ is Pateryn actually uses his size and physicality to separate players from the puck / play where Emelin just hits guys to hit them.

Red_Man

Michael Bay is literally the last person I would want to direct a film about Benghazi, it looks so corny and over the top.

Top Bottom