• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Beagle and Backstrom went down with injuries.

Zach Sill and Kuznetsov are our remaining centres for the game.

Carlson, Orpik, Beagle, Latta and Backstrom injured now.

PLS

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Lightning have had 4 power plays in the game and only managed one shot on all of them combined. Unfortunately that 1 shot was also the goal that's keeping this a one-goal game.

Surge

I've seen Murray play quite a bit and he doesn't belong in the AHL, but he doesn't belong on the bench sitting behind Fleury once he comes back either.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Boy, that should have counted as a goal. Ref blew that one.

EDIT: Wait, what? How is the call on the ice a goal? I mean, it SHOULD have been the call on the ice, but it clearly wasn't.

Anyway, Hank kinda fucked that one. Curious if the Rangers challenge that. Stralman's stick was all up in Hank's grill.

KingBroly

Banned
So going into the third, the Caps were down 2-1 and Beagle/Backstrom were both ruled out.

We then scored 4 straight goals.

#IllegalAmountofHockey

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at that goal again, I'm not really sure why that was allowed to stand, and I'm not really sure why AV didn't challenge it. Aside from the ref blowing it dead (which is another matter entirely), Stralman whacked Hank's glove TWICE before the puck went in, wait for it, behind Hank's glove.

ZAL8NCt.gif

This was the hit from Tanner Glass that put Tampa on that power play, by the way. (This was clearly interference, but it was pretty fun, too.)

IuI8Fj4.gif

KingBroly

Banned
Looking at that goal again, I'm not really sure why that was allowed to stand, and I'm not really sure why AV didn't challenge it. Aside from the ref blowing it dead (which is another matter entirely), Stralman whacked Hank's glove TWICE before the puck went in, wait for it, behind Hank's glove.

because he didn't have it when he thought he did.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Puck's already out by the first whack at his glove. You can see it go between where his glove is and his leg.

That's before the first whack. The first slash comes right after that when Hank tries to cover it with his glove against his pad and Stralman hits his glove.

Top Bottom