• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Foggy update: on vacation in Punta Cana, my cousin died of a heroin overdose, I proposed to my long-time girlfriend and now we're engaged, and we found out yesterday our dog passed away. All happened in the past couple days. How's your week been?

Won't be posting much, international data costs a fortune.

While I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're going through, I have to say welcome to the engaged life. It's pretty darn fun.

You guys have any idea on the timeline to the wedding yet? Year or two away or more than that?

My fiancee and I are going to be engaged for about a year and a half before the wedding. Roughly 8 months left until the date.

So I really don't want to go back to fishing for illegal streams since half the time the quality sucks or I have to switch streams like 5 times a game. Is there a service like NHL GCL?

I have heard about Hockey Streams but are they any good/reliable?

Quick

Banned
So I really don't want to go back to fishing for illegal streams since half the time the quality sucks or I have to switch streams like 5 times a game. Is there a service like NHL GCL?

I have heard about Hockey Streams but are they any good/reliable?

A good chunk of NHL-GAF uses HockeyStreams.

I'm still waiting for Hockeystreams to come back up to renew it, been using Kodi/Sportsdevil on my Nexus Player with inconsistent results.

Congrats Foggy on the engagement and condolences to your brother and your pet.

Also, 2 weeks later, my avatar is back to being a Duck. A Mighty Duck.
feLPnI0.gif

Chris R

It was nice having the Avs game on real tv last night, looked so damn good.

The HS payment stuff has been taken care of, submit a support ticket and follow their instructions

edit: PM me for extra details

Quick

Banned
Foggy update: on vacation in Punta Cana, my cousin died of a heroin overdose, I proposed to my long-time girlfriend and now we're engaged, and we found out yesterday our dog passed away. All happened in the past couple days. How's your week been?

Won't be posting much, international data costs a fortune.

So sorry to hear that, Foggy.

What a kick to the teeth right here.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm still waiting for Hockeystreams to come back up to renew it, been using Kodi/Sportsdevil on my Nexus Player with inconsistent results.

Congrats Foggy on the engagement and condolences to your brother and your pet.

Also, 2 weeks later, my avatar is back to being a Duck. A Mighty Duck.
feLPnI0.gif

Welcome back to your rightful place among the ducks!

giphy.gif

I know what it's like to be a prisoner of ISIS The Coyotes. It's good to see that you made it through.

zroid

Banned
I was just out shopping for groceries and I noticed they had packs of 4 chocolate raspberry danishes on sale for $2.99, on the sign it says it's $1 off. I thought that sounded pretty good.

Then I looked to an adjacent shelf and the same danishes were being sold individually for $0.69 each... at regular price.

Figure that one out.

Curufinwe

seriously...NHLPA needs to just mandate cages, or those hybrid visor cages

I'd never actually seen one before, but this looks good to me.

bauer-hybrid-hockey-shield-7.jpg

It wouldn't just protect players mouths from sticks and pucks, it would protect their chins from hits to the head that cause concussions like the one Rinaldo laid on Couturier.

I know what it's like to be a prisoner of ISIS The Coyotes. It's good to see that you made it through.

I think this has actually backfired. The Coyotes may never win another game. The avatars have transferred the Ducks' early season woes to the desert.

Winning these avatar bets was a huge mistake.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I think this has actually backfired. The Coyotes may never win another game. The avatars have transferred the Ducks' early season woes to the desert.

Winning these avatar bets was a huge mistake.

I'm looking at it and, I've got to be honest, I don't see another win left on the Coyotes schedule.

zroid

Banned
NHL coaches not really doing a good job of evaluating Defencemen isn't a new or surprising phenomenon, but this article sums it up pretty well. http://www.tsn.ca/the-nhl-s-great-divide-in-player-evaluation-1.407116

Obviously, forwards are judged largely by point production which is a pretty fair way to evaluate them. You can't really do that with defencemen most of the time.

travisyost_3683-539x351.jpg

Leaguewide, the best Corsi% forwards get the most ice time

travisyost_4836-538x347.jpg

Leaguewide, the best Corsi% defencemen... are all over the place

There's also a fun comparison between Winnipeg's and NYR's allocation of defenceman ice time compared to performance:

travisyost_2299-519x305.jpg

Pretty good!

travisyost_2893-522x351.jpg

Pretty lol.

Silexx

Poor Cake Boss has been feeling down lately due to Cameron's coaching decisions. So let's cheer him up with some good news for once:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes

Bryan Murray told @TSN1200 that Chris Phillips "is a longshot to come back" this season.

Orca

I'd never actually seen one before, but this looks good to me.

bauer-hybrid-hockey-shield-7.jpg

It wouldn't just protect players mouths from sticks and pucks, it would protect their chins from hits to the head that cause concussions like the one Rinaldo laid on Couturier.

A cage is fantastic for sticks/pucks, but doesn't do much to protect against big hits. You can get your bell rung in a full cage just as easily as no cage, the slight padding there doesn't do enough to distribute force and reduce impact to make a difference.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Someone from Pens GAF wanna give some context to the Kessel Crosby poke? What happened there?

@crazed go easy on him. He's led a rough life...

Socreges

Banned
NHL coaches not really doing a good job of evaluating Defencemen isn't a new or surprising phenomenon, but this article sums it up pretty well. http://www.tsn.ca/the-nhl-s-great-divide-in-player-evaluation-1.407116

Obviously, forwards are judged largely by point production which is a pretty fair way to evaluate them. You can't really do that with defencemen most of the time.

travisyost_3683-539x351.jpg

Leaguewide, the best Corsi% forwards get the most ice time

travisyost_4836-538x347.jpg

Leaguewide, the best Corsi% defencemen... are all over the place

There's also a fun comparison between Winnipeg's and NYR's allocation of defenceman ice time compared to performance:

travisyost_2299-519x305.jpg

Pretty good!

travisyost_2893-522x351.jpg

Pretty lol.
Meanwhile the Rangers have the 4th best record in the league, the 4th best goal diff, and the best GA/G in the league. Attribute everything to goaltending? Assume the Rangers would be even better if they adhered more to corsi wisdom?

zroid

Banned
Meanwhile the Rangers have the 4th best record in the league, the 4th best goal diff, and the best GA/G in the league. Attribute everything to goaltending? Assume the Rangers would be even better if they adhered more to corsi wisdom?
goaltending certainly covers up a lot of holes yeah. Rangers looking a lot like last year's Habs atm. their other problem is they're largely a one line team. but their top line is stupid good so it wins them a lot of games even though they're getting buried when they're off the ice a lot of the time.

Chris R

Someone from Pens GAF wanna give some context to the Kessel Crosby poke? What happened there?

@crazed go easy on him. He's led a rough life...

Crosby was playing like shit and Kessel got a bit tired of it if I had to guess.

Certainly had a better 3rd period than the first two.

Pikma

Banned
I'm sorry about your losses Foggy, and congrats on your engagement

Also, I don't remember congratulating almost-master Kingslunk so

Congrats almost-master Kingslunk

Well I thought I ran out of beer. I was right about that but then I forgot I have pretty much an untouched bottle of bourbon. Shit boys I hope we win tonight.

I want Stamkos to go somewhere else that isn't Toronto just to watch the shit storm of entitled Leaf fans.
As long as it isn't the West.

Cake Boss

Banned
Edit: Incoming rant as to why this club is ran by tards.

I finally just got around to listening that Bran Morray interview and I am perplexed as fuck right now.

I had to quit listening to it right after his explanation as to why they have a 7th dman playing forward as opposed to Shane Prince.

His reasoning for it was because the team should be playing better defensively and Boroshit provides that, and they are trying to lower their shots against. *dead*

This is a so called professional with vast experience into this league as to why his forward prospect ain't playing and his AHL dman is taking his spot instead. A 22 year old forward prospect that has scored in every league he played for so far, a 2nd rounder in 2011 with some pedigree and has actually produced this season in his limited role.

I remember his explanation as to why they didn't sign Condra this past summer was because they wanted to make space for Puempel and Prince and other young players to get some ice time and take his spot. 2 months into the season and Prince has been scratched more than Brian has scratched his dusty old balls the past hour. And Puempel is in a shitty AHL team doing PPG. All this while our entire 3rd line has been non existent and Lazar is looking like Philips on forward. Chiasson has 4 points and is a black hole offensively for his linemates.

Now as to Boroshit, when he is on the ice he let's in the most shots against than any other defender on the team and has the lowest shots and goals for than anyone else. Now put him into a position he never played at and see what happens. Turris and Ryan barely got out of their zone in the 3rd period with that dumbshit on their line. Not only are you fucking with Hoffman putting him with Chiasson its also a disservice to Turris and Ryan while making them ineffective.

Long story short this team is fucked with its shortsided outdated thinking of punishing skill in order for the gritty shitty game. Giving a long rope to shitty players like Cowen, Boroshit, Chiasson, Neil, Philips, Gryba and short leashes to skill players like Wideman, Hoffman, Weircioch, Prince etc.

The team is winning despite its shitty coaching and management because the high end players are performing well.

Top Bottom