• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finished watching Mad Men last night. Definitely in my top 10 shows, maybe top 5. Great acting, directing, and writing. I get the people try and feel it is too slow. But I think they are really missing out. I also appreciate that out of the really popular shows over the past few years it didn't need to rely on big shocks to get people watching or talking about it. Love the Hamm

Speaking of GPAs/school, I'm starting to stress a bit about a summer internship.

Have a job shadow on Wednesday at the hospital. Really, really hoping that goes well so I can get my name in there for a possible summer internship.

Finished watching Mad Men last night. Definitely in my top 10 shows, maybe top 5. Great acting, directing, and writing. I get the people try and feel it is too slow. But I think they are really missing out. I also appreciate that out of the really popular shows over the past few years it didn't need to rely on big shocks to get people watching or talking about it. Love the Hamm

I really need to get into that one. Only problem is that is one my fiancee wants to watch too so we have to find spots in both our schedules vs me just plugging in an episode or 5 when I have the time. Thanks to Netflix/Amazon, I've watched Spartacus, Rescue Me, and Entourage in the last few months and all three are probably in my top 10 shows ever. Rescue Me might be my #1 overall.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
30zeESi.png

Oof. I had no idea it's gotten this bad.

They're giving the Canucks D pairings a run for their money!

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Weber
Sbisa-Bartkowski
Biega

At least Edler-Tanev is a legit top pairing.

I feel the same way. Awesome show and I liked it a lot more than Breaking Bad. AMC overall has some good stuff. I just don't get why people actually like The Walking Dead

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of GPAs/school, I'm starting to stress a bit about a summer internship.

Have a job shadow on Wednesday at the hospital. Really, really hoping that goes well so I can get my name in there for a possible summer internship.

I really need to get into that one. Only problem is that is one my fiancee wants to watch too so we have to find spots in both our schedules vs me just plugging in an episode or 5 when I have the time. Thanks to Netflix/Amazon, I've watched Spartacus, Rescue Me, and Entourage in the last few months and all three are probably in my top 10 shows ever. Rescue Me might be my #1 overall.

I was watching it with my wife then got side tracked and didn't get back to it again so I eventually just started watching it on my own. Picked up the last 7 episodes on blu ray since Netflix didn't have them yet.

Marvie_3

Banned

Entourage could have been so much better. The first few seasons were good but it went way downhill by the end.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Entourage could have been so much better. The first few seasons were good but it went way downhill by the end.
I never even finished Entourage because it got so bad at the end there. Still need to see the movie as well.

Teams with a negative goal differential:
Pacific Division: 6
Rest of the NHL: 7
:lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Oilers, depriving us of our Talbot vs. Lundqvist matchup. It's going to be Anders Nilsson in net for Edmonton tonight.

Maybe they'll play Talbot at MSG on Tuesday.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Xenoblade's combat is baffling to me. Maybe I need to read the manual.

The main thing that's helped me is to read and understand the abilities. Like, flame grenade does extra damage to staggered enemies, and one of the other attacks has a side effect of staggering enemies. So you'll want to use one then the other to get a good combo in. This gets more difficult as you advance because there are a lot of abilities, but if you can just get a grasp on that at least, you should start to do well in fights.

My only real problem with the game is that I can barely read the text, which is close to crippling for a game that relies so much on stat readouts and ability/equipment descriptions.

First few seasons were great, and I thought last few mostly ranged from okay to good.

Yeah a lot of tv series tend to wear out their welcome, but it was worse with Entourage I think. It got to the point where the characters were actively annoying.

The will they won't they between
E and Sloane
was unbearable near the end there. Much worse than any other show that uses the same love theme things.

Not to mention Vince's
stupid drug problems
. Come on.

I never even finished Entourage because it got so bad at the end there. Still need to see the movie as well.

I think it is easy for comedies like Entourage to deteriorate if they go on too long.

Jeremy Piven carried that show in the latter few seasons. But I thought overall it was still fun even when it waned. I might grab the film on redbox this weekend to see how it is.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=792212

Damn sucks for Couture. Hope he gets back on the ice sooner than later

“In Wednesday night’s game in Edmonton, Logan suffered trauma to his right thigh, creating a Charley-horse effect which prohibited him from returning to the game.

Upon returning to San Jose, it was discovered that there was a small arterial bleed in the area. Last night, Logan underwent a successful procedure in San Jose to close the artery and is expected to make a full recovery.

At this time, there is no projected time frame for his return to the ice but we do not expect this to be a long-term recovery.

Fortunately, this injury is completely unrelated to his previous ankle injury.”

zroid

Banned
Speaking of Entourage, that reminds me I have HBO for free till July, should catch up on True Detective and some other shit while I can

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 52s 52 seconds ago
As NYR spares close practice, Talbot stops by to talk with Benoit Allaire
I imagine it was something along the lines of "Benny, get me outta here!"

Stalberg the last one off the ice at today's optional skate, looks like he may be coming out for Etem.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How has Etem looked for you guys?

He hasn't played remotely enough to get into any kind of rhythm. I think he's played in maybe 10 games tops so far. He had a pretty unimpressive training camp, and he's been unremarkable in the games he has played, though he has shown signs of improving in the last couple of games he's been in. The only skaters to wear a Rangers sweater this season without a goal to date are Tanner Glass, Dylan McIlrath, and Emerson Etem.

With Stepan out of the lineup, rather than stick with their 12 forwards and play Etem, the Rangers chose to call up Tanner Glass.

I think that kind of sums it up.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ottawa media sweating balls this morning and in full denial that there is a possibility that Stamcock might sign with the Laffs.

Going all about how it was an accident tweet and that it could have been his teammates getting a hold of his phone and playing pranks on him n shit.

The main thing that's helped me is to read and understand the abilities. Like, flame grenade does extra damage to staggered enemies, and one of the other attacks has a side effect of staggering enemies. So you'll want to use one then the other to get a good combo in. This gets more difficult as you advance because there are a lot of abilities, but if you can just get a grasp on that at least, you should start to do well in fights.

My only real problem with the game is that I can barely read the text, which is close to crippling for a game that relies so much on stat readouts and ability/equipment descriptions.

Yeah I'm starting to understand the Arts and such. Getting used to the fact that you auto-attack and melee weapons connect at long range.

And yeah the text can be hard to read. Can't imagine playing this on the Gamepad.

Top Bottom