• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

STAMKOS COME TO MONTREAL PLEASE T.T

Holy shit what happened to this team

I think it's time to make a big trade. Subban is playing his worst hockey of his career right now. We are hurting and the bleeding won't stop. It's now noticeable :(

Fuck this is giving me flashbacks with the dark times When Saku was the Captain and we had shitty goalies before Price.

STAMKOS COME TO MONTREAL PLEASE T.T

Holy shit what happened to this team

I think it's time to make a big trade. Subban is playing his worst hockey of his career right now.
We are hurting and the bleeding won't stop. It's now noticeable :(

Fuck this is giving me flashbacks with the dark times When Saku was the Captain and we had shitty goalies before Price.

Subban for Cleary.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
1) Sign and trade is one option
2) He would choose his destination. Why wouldn't he sign?

he likely won't waive to go to a random team... because then he's living out of a hotel for a few months and that's annoying

and nobody does sign and trades anymore.... simply because it damages the receiving team.

the last one i remember is the kessel trade but that's more because he was an RFA

Dave

Bolland

i have to go by a painting of dave bolland every day i go to work

it's bizarre

Quick I have an assignment for you friend

020.jpg

fHgWRb0.jpg

Combine these two photos

And make Wolverine Pacioretty

Socreges

Banned
Maybe he wants Toronto.

And Toronto maybe knows he wants Toronto.

Why give up assets

Caps are terribad right now.
I get what you're saying. But how would it go

So Stamkos wants Team X. The Lightning ask him to waive his NTC. Stamkos refuses to waive his NTC. No trade negotiations begin. Team X maybe doesn't want to pay Stamkos more than other teams are willing to pay nor at the given term. Stamkos, however, takes less than Team Y offered to play for Team X. Team X's dream scenario.

But would he refuse to waive his NTC, not even giving a short list? Would that not be the ultimate dick move to the team that drafted him and had probably negotiated in good faith?

DopeyFish

I get what you're saying. But how would it go

So Stamkos wants Team X. The Lightning ask him to waive his NTC. Stamkos refuses to waive his NTC. No trade negotiations begin. Team X maybe doesn't want to pay Stamkos more than other teams are willing to pay nor at the given term. Stamkos, however, takes less than Team Y offered to play for Team X. Team X's dream scenario.

But would he refuse to waive his NTC, not even giving a short list? Would that not be the ultimate dick move to the team that drafted him and had probably negotiated in good faith?

they gave him that no trade clause

so when he says no... he means no... in good faith.

Socreges

Banned
he likely won't waive to go to a random team... because then he's living out of a hotel for a few months and that's annoying

and nobody does sign and trades anymore.... simply because it damages the receiving team.

the last one i remember is the kessel trade but that's more because he was an RFA

i have to go by a painting of dave bolland every day i go to work

it's bizarre
Of course not. There would be the understanding that they'd get the deal done. Happens all the time with extensions. Team strongly desires player. Player expresses desire for team. Trade is executed with mutual desire known. Reasonable extension is immediately signed after trade.

calder

Whatever, ugly win is still a win, but that's about as ugly as a 6-4 win could be. Just lucky the Jackets were so passive early and their goalie wasn't sharp or this would have been a big loss.

DopeyFish

Of course not. There would be the understanding that they'd get the deal done. Happens all the time with extensions. Team strongly desires player. Player expresses desire for team. Trade is executed with mutual desire known. Reasonable extension is immediately signed after trade.

Yeah, but he'd need to demand a trade. Stamkos doesn't seem like a guy to demand anything. He just seems like someone who will fulfill his contractual obligations and jet.

He's a top NHL talent and he'll want to have the best chance of winning with whatever team he wants to go to. Because of being that top talent, every team will want him.

If it's toronto, that trade could very well remove a top player which would help him find success... what if he planned this out with another player like tavares or kopitar? He'd know he needs his team to be loaded with lots of quality cost controller players.

We don't have the answers to this obviously... but this is something i expected to happen for years

Don't be obtuse. He's months away from the end of a 5-yr deal and contract negotiations have gone nowhere.

I'm not. Think of it like this... if the player asked for an NTC... what good is having it when the expectation is he has to waive it the first time someone wants to move him? Tampa should have realized what was going on the second he demanded the contract to end with RFA... it was obvious to me

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, but he'd need to demand a trade. Stamkos doesn't seem like a guy to demand anything. He just seems like someone who will fulfill his contractual obligations and jet.

He's a top NHL talent and he'll want to have the best chance of winning with whatever team he wants to go to. Because of being that top talent, every team will want him.

If it's toronto, that trade could very well remove a top player which would help him find success... what if he planned this out with another player like tavares or kopitar? He'd know he needs his team to be loaded with lots of quality cost controller players.

We don't have the answers to this obviously... but this is something i expected to happen for years
Agreed. But is it a coincidence that your speculation coincides with what you'd like to see?

Should be interesting to see how this goes down. My thinking is that Yzerman has little intention of signing Stamkos (who is no longer the player he once was) given the money and term that would be required. But I'd be shocked if he was actually tieing his hands in this way unless he felt a trade was an option.

DopeyFish

Agreed. But is it a coincidence that your speculation coincides with what you'd like to see?

Should be interesting to see how this goes down. My thinking is that Yzerman has little intention of signing Stamkos (who is no longer the player he once was) given the money and term that would be required. But I'd be shocked if he was actually tieing his hands in this way unless he felt a trade was an option.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28741195&postcount=29535

Maybe. I did speculate about this over 4 years ago, too (before he signed)

I have been 100% correct up until now but could be 100% wrong when July 1st rolls around.

It just seemed like his style, to me.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Xenoblade X's world is ridiculously fun to explore but it also makes me feel like a fucking ant, every indigen creature is 10384737 times more powerful than me and is capable of crushing me with just one hit

;_;

Also, I started playing Fallout 4 the other day, and just as expected, it's pure garbage.

Just keep exploring and before you know it you'll be bringing your tormentors down in a flurry of satisfying combos. Then you'll cross over into an area you're not supposed to be in and get one-shotted

Socreges

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28741195&postcount=29535

Maybe. I did speculate about this over 4 years ago, too (before he signed)

I have been 100% correct up until now but could be 100% wrong when July 1st rolls around.

It just seemed like his style, to me.
100% correct about what? About a young player signing up to UFA so he can maximize his freedom and earnings? Congratulations, Dopey, you're a goddamn soothsayer

And if he's too nice to sign an offer sheet, why isn't he too nice to refuse a trade for a team that he's going to leave? He can't be Machiavelli and Mother Theresa in one

DopeyFish

100% correct about what? About a young player signing up to UFA so he can maximize his freedom and earnings? Congratulations, Dopey, you're a goddamn soothsayer

And if he's too nice to sign an offer sheet, why isn't he too nice to refuse a trade for a team that he's going to leave? He can't be Machiavelli and Mother Theresa in one

I said he was too nice to demand a trade. He does his obligation and leaves. UFA contracts are kind of rare... especially for a player of his calibre. Teams usually buy years with stronger contracts or put up a fight... neither happened.

I suspect what happened was he told Yzerman his intentions and that he wouldn't bend. Stamkos signed in July... typically for a player going to UFA, the team will do everything in their power for a top end talent to get him signed.... going all the way up into training camp just to get anything. Couple that with the suggestions by some that Yzerman hasn't even tabled an offer... things start to back up my original assertion.

Stamkos also took a hefty paycut relative to where he should have been paid. Crosby got 9.5AAV in 2009... Stamkos got 7.5AAV after 2 40+ goal, 90+ point seasons... and the cap increased almost 10 million between those two signing.

To me... writing has been on the wall for a loooooooong time.

fallout

Whatever, ugly win is still a win, but that's about as ugly as a 6-4 win could be. Just lucky the Jackets were so passive early and their goalie wasn't sharp or this would have been a big loss.
Yeah. So many mistakes that the BJs didn't capitalize on. The Jets were lucky to have that 3-0 lead and apparently had no idea what to do with it once they had it.

Like you said, hard to complain about a win, but shit that was ugly.

Everyone wants to do well. What do you mean doesn't count?

I know everyone here hates advertising but that is y major. Advertising Copywriting and quite literally every person in the business and our textbooks tell us to not put our GPA on our resumé since none of them care if you are on the creative side of Advertising rather than the marketing side and since I am on the creative side all that matters is our portfolio. That is all they want to see.

So I meant the whole I like to do well thing so that it just keeps me motivated and it feels good to know my work is validated to a degree.

I know everyone here hates advertising but that is y major. Advertising Copywriting and quite literally every person in the business and our textbooks tell us to not put our GPA on our resumé since none of them care if you are on the creative side of Advertising rather than the marketing side and since I am on the creative side all that matters is our portfolio. That is all they want to see.

So I meant the whole I like to do well thing so that it just keeps me motivated and it feels good to know my work is validated to a degree.

I don't know a whole lot of jobs that are caring about GPA anymore anyways. The only person of anyone I know that has actually had to have a GPA of a certain point was a friend who went to work for one of the top accounting firms in the country. They required it and he got his job like 8 months before he actually started it after interning for free and then doing like 5 interviews, ridiculous.

Top Bottom