• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

I don't know a whole lot of jobs that are caring about GPA anymore anyways. The only person of anyone I know that has actually had to have a GPA of a certain point was a friend who went to work for one of the top accounting firms in the country. They required it and he got his job like 8 months before he actually started it after interning for free and then doing like 5 interviews, ridiculous.

A lot of business related professions seem to still really care. Especially business programs within college. I feel like internships are just as important but also a ton of jobs come from networking and who you know and who knows you. So it is always good to know as many people as possible.

Also I know for a fact if you do the marketing/account side of advertising they do really care about GPA and stuff like that from talking to various people in the industry.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
FBizjtM.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At least the Ice Caps look good.

I think it's time to make a big trade. Subban is playing his worst hockey of his career right now. We are hurting and the bleeding won't stop. It's now noticeable :(
Lol give me a break. They outplayed Boston, Carolina, and Washington by large margins, they're just going through a scoring dry spell which is to be expected throughout a season, and simultaneously getting their worst goaltending. Tonight was the first game in the past week they deserved to lose, panicking now would be stupid.

One big exception. You may also decide in the future that you want to go to Law school, do a Masters or, holy fuck, a PhD. Then you'll wish you'd focused more on GPA.

Yup. Should always do your best but don't stress too much for a 4.0. Unless you're in certain fields or staying in academia.

So what is game of the year?

Quick

Banned
Replaced my PS4 hard drive and thought I backed everything up to my PS+ cloud storage.

Nope.

Lost my Batman: Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 saves, along with some others that I can't think of. Fucking hell.

I don't necessarily mind starting over with The Witcher 3. But I finished Batman and was looking to do some of the side missions. I can't even bring myself to do that now. I'll probably just trade that in now.

On the plus side, I now have 2TB of PS4 storage vs. 500 GB.

Pikma

Banned
Replaced my PS4 hard drive and thought I backed everything up to my PS+ cloud storage.

Nope.

Lost my Batman: Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 saves, along with some others that I can't think of. Fucking hell.

I don't necessarily mind starting over with The Witcher 3. But I finished Batman and was looking to do some of the side missions. I can't even bring myself to do that now. I'll probably just trade that in now.

Nooooooooooo you'll never be able to finish the Baron's quest now

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

iLLmAtlc

Nope.

holy crap that stinks.

if it's any consolation batman has some pretty blatant padding. don't think many of those side missions are actually worth playing unless you want to go find watchtower #27 or whatever.

One big exception. You may also decide in the future that you want to go to Law school, do a Masters or, holy fuck, a PhD. Then you'll wish you'd focused more on GPA.

I know someone that had a 2.85, smashed his GRE, got three letters of rec, and got into USC grad program.

I'm seriously think of trying to get my Master's. I have an alright 3.something gpa

ZeroGravity

For some reason I thought Stamkos was older than 25. He'll be turning 26 in Feb, so if the Leafs get him as a UFA he'll be in his prime years. Now I don't mind if he comes, at first I was against it. I mistakenly thought he was 28-29.
In theory. In reality he's already passed it. He'll be lucky to hit 30 goals this year.

ZeroGravity

Says you.
Says the only one here who actually watches him with any regularity. Anyone who thinks they're signing the guy who scored 60 goals is in for a rude awakening. He's not the same player he used to be. All aspects of his game have regressed since then. It's depressing to watch how bad he's been this year.

yyzjohn

Banned
Says the only one here who actually watches him with any regularity. Anyone who thinks they're signing the guy who scored 60 goals is in for a rude awakening. He's not the same player he used to be. All aspects of his game have regressed since then. It's depressing to watch how bad he's been this year.

So he's not allowed to have a down year? Maybe he's tired of playing in Tampa?

ZeroGravity

So he's not allowed to have a down year? Maybe he's tired of playing in Tampa?
Last year was already a down year for him. This is continuing the slide. He can still be an effective player, but he's no longer elite and he's not capable of carrying a team.

yyzjohn

Banned
Last year was already a down year for him. This is continuing the slide. He can still be an effective player, but he's no longer elite and he's not capable of carrying a team.

Nobody in the league scores 60 goals anymore. The last player to do it was Stamkos. Last year "the down year", he was 2nd in the league in goals. I'll take that.

ZeroGravity

Nobody in the league scores 60 goals anymore. The last player to do it was Stamkos. Last year "the down year", he was 2nd in the league in goals. I'll take that.
Problem is that it's not all about goals. He's 53rd in league scoring. Every aspect of his game is trending downward.

There's a reason Yzerman isn't giving into his demands.

Samyy

I don't know a whole lot of jobs that are caring about GPA anymore anyways. The only person of anyone I know that has actually had to have a GPA of a certain point was a friend who went to work for one of the top accounting firms in the country. They required it and he got his job like 8 months before he actually started it after interning for free and then doing like 5 interviews, ridiculous.

This is changing too, accounting firms really don't give a crap about GPAs too much, so long as you can qualify to get into the CPA program.

That's at least how it is with the big 4 firms, not sure about smaller ones. I don't think any of the top firms do unpaid internships though.

Line_HTX

Like, is the whole team infected or a few players?

Shit reminds me of one 40 yr old Matt Hasselbeck and that fucker won on that Thursday night almost on his deathbed. Fuck him.

Socreges

Banned
Problem is that it's not all about goals. He's 53rd in league scoring. Every aspect of his game is trending downward.

There's a reason Yzerman isn't giving into his demands.
Yes. Because of Stamkos' master plan to get to UFA and sign with the Leafs and then rebecome the elite he never weren't.

Top Bottom