• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Saw this on Twitter :

Galchenyuk is the only player in the NHL who has more than 20 points and averages less than 15 minutes per game

#Therriened

Scuderi was traded MID-GAME :lol
Somewhere in a windowless room, Gauthier is sitting in his chair feeling validated.

Orca

Oilers played like the shit that a shit takes, but I'll take the win and the playoff spot.

Suck it Canucks fans.

A buddy who's an Avs fan was bitching today about how unfair the playoff system is, that a good team like Colorado wouldn't be in but a shitty team like the Oilers would be. I with there was a way to make his Facebook posts always appear at the top of my feed...such delicious tears.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rutherford is such a hilariously awful GM, and it was obvious before Pittsburgh hired him. Can't wait to watch him trade Malkin away for peanuts.

Silexx

Chet Sellers ‏@chet_sellers

mclennan just referred to karlsson and doughty as "the reigning norris champion and potential future one" but he forget to mention doughty

Pikma

Banned
What the fuck, my boy Daley to the fucking Pens? Nooooooooooo

Wonder what they hope to accomplish though, really doubt Daley will help them if defense is what they're looking for.

Marvie_3

Banned
That Sharp trade looking pretty bad, oh well they're still the Blackhawks.

Should've acquired him for Emelin and Prust.
Got us cap space and this trade gets even more. Quite a bit more if Scuderi gets dumped in the AHL. Hopefully Gustafsson gets called up to replace Daley.

If the playoffs started right this second, we would have an Oilers vs. Yotes series.

Wat?

It's like a resurgence of the Oilers-Jets rivalry of old. Only instead of Jets it's a slowly dying Coyote and instead of the Oilers that dominated the league, its the Oilers that long for the glory days so badly that they can't let go of the old boys club.

I expect that the NHL might have have to re-examine the playoff structure a bit after this season.

Quick

Banned
I believe this was posted earlier today if not yesterday, Quick. On the subject of, I can't really imagine how well a KHL team will do in China. Could fail real badly or heavily boost popularity of Hockey in China.

The NHL has a television deal worked out with a Chinese broadcaster I think. They were showing the Cup finals last season.

The Leafs also have representatives present (or were present) in China as well.

KHL should expand to Vegas as well

The Las Vegas Aces of the NHL vs the Nevada Capitalists of the KHL in an exhibition.

The NHL has a television deal worked out with a Chinese broadcaster I think. They were showing the Cup finals last season.

The Leafs also have representatives present (or were present) in China as well.

But how successful is it? Just because they have a television deal worked out doesn't necessarily mean that enough people are watching to be profitable.

Quick

Banned
But how successful is it? Just because they have a television deal worked out doesn't necessarily mean that enough people are watching to be profitable.

No idea. CCTV aired the Cup finals to apparently large viewership.

That being said, the league wants to grow the sport into Asia. China's the best place to start, since it's a huge untapped market. The league's partnered up with some Chinese businesses, so the league's probably not even sweating it.

Pewp

Hey, Guys.

Have posted in a good year or two, but since the Oilers are in a playoff spot and bound to take the cup when McDavid comes back, may I start? Its been a good season and maybe your team will have a chance when this Oiler dynasty ends.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey, Guys.

Have posted in a good year or two, but since the Oilers are in a playoff spot and bound to take the cup when McDavid comes back, may I start? Its been a good season and maybe your team will have a chance when this Oiler dynasty ends.
Since you have an Aquabats avatar, I'll allow it.

Your posting I mean, not the Oilers winning.

Hey, Guys.

Man, give Oiler fans an inch and they will go the whole mile. I say this as a former Oiler fan that when the Oilers look good, it's only to tease you before they inevitably fall back down to Earth. I advise cooling your expectations quickly lest you get badly burned.

No idea. CCTV aired the Cup finals to apparently large viewership.

That being said, the league wants to grow the sport into Asia. China's the best place to start, since it's a huge untapped market. The league's partnered up with some Chinese businesses, so the league's probably not even sweating it.

Interesting. Perhaps between that and the Olympics in 2022, hockey might grow considerably in the next decade or so in China.

Quick

Banned
Toronto Maple Leafs free agent recruitment video. Thirst is real. :lol

Interesting. Perhaps between that and the Olympics in 2022, hockey might grow considerably in the next decade or so in China.

Yeah, China wants to have something going by 2022. Pro team (KHL) in Beijing and a hockey program to start things off isn't bad at all.

China has the money and the market. Just the matter of attracting the crowd. And the NHL's Cup finals broadcast is a good measure of interest, if anything.

Rutherford is such a hilariously awful GM, and it was obvious before Pittsburgh hired him. Can't wait to watch him trade Malkin away for peanuts.

I was genuinely interested to see how Pierre McGuire would have done as the Pens GM. He said he would trade Malkin, maybe not such a bad idea, lots of money tied up in two players.

Razorskin

----- ------
I was genuinely interested to see how Pierre McGuire would have done as the Pens GM. He said he would trade Malkin, maybe not such a bad idea, lots of money tied up in two players.
Move Malkin.
Fly in the greatest doctors from around the world to help Sid.
Acquire Okposo.
Retain Despres and build up backend.
Acquire Joel Ward.
Never consider trading for Kessel.
Keep Fleury around against better judgement.
Build a wall between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Cake Boss

Banned
Move Malkin.
Fly in the greatest doctors from around the world to help Sid.
Acquire Okposo.
Retain Despres and build up backend.
Acquire Joel Ward.
Never consider trading for Kessel.
Keep Fleury around against better judgement.
Build a wall between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Don't forget Evander Kane. He always talked about hos he will trade for him to be on SIDS wing.

Top Bottom