• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

But they're not really RPGs, dude. They are minimal in RPG respects and trounce other games in most gameplay respects. But yeah, if you've tried them and don't like them then fair enough.

Yeah they're more combat focused games rather than being RPGs. Not discounting them as they seem great at what they do and have a good art style to boot. It's just not appealing to me.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Eh it and souls have great stories and characters imo their just not in your face and full of cut scenes. Has exploration too though yeah its not full open world like fallout.

Agree it's not for everyone but man do I wish more games played to the strength of the medium rather than ape Hollywood. I love environmental story telling and piecing things together on your own rather than be brow beaten with plot or stuck with a chatty Cathy in your ear nagging me to the next checkpoint. So unimmersive for me.

Nothing wrong with either just wish there was more minimal/atmospheric stuff that aren't pixelly platformers.

Pikma

Banned
Just came by to say STARRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ZEl1fnfhUPR8Q.gif

AND MORE SEGUIN GIFS BECAUSE THEY'RE FITTING AND ALSO BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ONLY THING SOC APPROVES

lxY8UwRPCk4KI.gif

ohqUAKJBj9Lbi.gif

lQsMYojM3d6yA.gif

e28KFAjRlkVaoqfl03OWhlGPLuccKsyuEdKaDmkMvyjP3D0upjPqvdfSgznhVY8EtiWYKBOlEprhD5TR5737WuTMh9Etk7Pn9QsGZVLIs0WGL9zFoMFYvD9WQIh4mx-qb9sxBHXn3TGpJ9vvIg=w528-h278-nc

Stasis

Shame HBO and Schrieber aren't doing 24/7 anymore. That shit was boss. Epix did alright but it just isn't the same. Habs Bruins deserved Ray Donovan.

Bill Camp is narrating this. A Boston guy now living in NYC who plays for a team from Queens called the Puxedoes. The Queens Puxedoes. Man if I still had NHL16 I'd have to make that team.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Played hockey at 6:15am this morning.... So tired, but glad I got out. At my age it is good for me.

Also, not sure why I'm not super hyped for the Star Warz

Marvie_3

Banned
Played hockey at 6:15am this morning.... So tired, but glad I got out. At my age it is good for me.

Also, not sure why I'm not super hyped for the Star Warz
Im not either. I think im done with star wars for good. A few years ago i had to work with a couple dumbasses who talked about star wars all day every day. Couple that with the nonstop ads that have star wars in them and i just cant do it anymore. I dont care.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Im not either. I think im done with star wars for good. A few years ago i had to work with a couple dumbasses who talked about star wars all day every day. Couple that with the nonstop ads that have star wars in them and i just cant do it anymore. I dont care.

Yeah, the ads are too much. I'll go see it and will likely enjoy it, but I'm not going crazy for sure (also the original trilogy is overrated). I'm more looking forward to Leo getting raped by a bear in the Revanant, lol.

Curufinwe

Dark Souls and Bloodborne aren't my cup of tea, they lack many of the things I like in RPGs (Character interaction, open world exploration, story).

For Star Wars I don't expect anything more than "solid" as it seems like they'll play it safe. VIII will be the movie where they can do what they want.

Bloodborne isn't an open world, but the sense of exploration is fantastic. Finding a new shortcut or beating a boss feels as good as a Gostisbehere game winning goal in OT.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 31m 31 minutes ago
VAN has won 34.3% of its games (11 of 32). Only team worse is CBJ at 33.3% (11 of 33). VAN in virtual tie for playoff spot; CBJ 11 pts out.
Dat Pacific Division.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pairings at practice

Beaulieu-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Gilbert

Nice to Brolieu and Subban sticking together for now anyways, curious that Markov is practicing on the third pairing.

Pairings at practice

Nice to Brolieu and Subban sticking together for now anyways, curious that Markov is practicing on the third pairing.

I Think Beaulieu is the better Defenceman than Subban as of this Moment. It's Ridiculous that Subban hasn't scored a goal in ages.

Gallagher come back soon. Or Bergevin Better Move Someone.

Quick

Banned
I laughed at that thread, such a blatant, "I like Star Trek better than Star Wars" thread.

Not even just that, but just the overall terrible money spending. I'd understand if this was 1998 and someone really wanted to see the trailer for The Phantom Menace, since the internet wasn't great at the time and trailers were stuck in theatres. But now? Fuck no.

And I'm pretty sure HUELEN10 has a spending problem, if his/her threads are any indication.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Not even just that, but just the overall terrible money spending. I'd understand if this was 1998 and someone really wanted to see the trailer for The Phantom Menace, since the internet wasn't great at the time and trailers were stuck in theatres. But now? Fuck no.

And I'm pretty sure HUELEN10 has a spending problem, if his/her threads are any indication.

Is this the same person who had that epic thread backfire a few months ago, talking about how poor they were while everyone dug up posts detailing how he/she has like 15 copies of certain games and movies etc?

Is this the same person who had that epic thread backfire a few months ago, talking about how poor they were while everyone dug up posts detailing how he/she has like 15 copies of certain games and movies etc?
It is indeed. 90% of his threads are about being poor and having no money but it's after he had some absurd purchase like a $2000 macbook and now he's poor.

Quick

Banned

I'm not sure, but I do remember another thread where he/she was complaining about buying an iPad and the employee he/she was dealing with ripped off the plastic covering on the device itself.

But I do see this weird pattern on HUELEN10 threads where he/she seems to aimlessly spend money and also seems to complain about not having money (or something like that). Maybe I'm mixing him/her up with someone else on the latter part.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Derek Stepan and Kevin Klein have both been cleared for contact, practicing with the full team in regular jerseys. Might see one or both of them back at some point on this road back-to-back, which would be significantly ahead of schedule for Stepan and explain why he was never put on LTIR (and why the Rangers are only $25k under the cap even with Stoll gone).

Chris Kreider was off on a maintenance day, and Dan Girardi was out again as well. Brady Skjei still practicing with the main team, so I'm guessing he may be traveling with them to Minny and Winnipeg.

The biggest question right now is: what happens when both Klein and Girardi are healthy and good to go again? Obviously Skjei is going back to Hartford the second either of them can play, but what happens to Dylan McIlrath, who has become one of the most dependable guys on D over the last month? He clearly deserves to be in the top 6 on a nightly basis right now, but Girardi is the veteran, and Klein has also always been one of the more consistently dependable guys since he joined the team in the Del Zotto trade.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kassian cleared waivers, not surprising and this was Therrien's response when asked about him

There are a lot of players ahead of him right now in the organization. He's not my priority

Savage

Quick

Banned
One of my co-workers decided to give a gift package meant for our department to one of our partners instead. My boss asked us if we got the package, and that's when I figured it out.

My co-worker fessed up to the mistake. I told him to take it back, since it's ours, and his response to this is "that's lame," assuming that it's too late to take it back and it would be rude. I got annoyed since, if I hadn't been told about it, nobody would have gotten anything, so I just ran over and took it back. Now he doesn't want his gift because he doesn't want to get tied into it.

okay cool.

Curufinwe

Del Zotto and Gudas are having really good seasons, apart from point production which is more of a team issue. I don't know if MDZ will get re-signed in summer 2017 but I'm glad he's here till then so the young guys can be sheltered as they come in.

Top Bottom