• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Cake Boss

Banned
Per Renaud Lavoie today on a french Radio: Sens are a team very interested in Ryan Johansen. The big question is: Are they willing to give big pieces for aquiring him?

Why can't I contain all these #1 Ceenteerrrsss!!!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
@murphyslaw74 said:
Can confirm, Canadiens and Blue Jackets have discussed Ryan Johansen and more recently. Have no idea what other players were discussed
This is a Boston guy, I have no idea how credible he is when it comes to this stuff, but like that former Habs scout said, they would want too much I imagine. I wouldn't do a deal that involves Beaulieu which would probably their starting point.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
This is a Boston guy, I have no idea how credible he is when it comes to this stuff, but like that former Habs scout said, they would want too much I imagine. I wouldn't do a deal that involves Beaulieu which would probably their starting point.

I can't see Johansen going to the Habs without Galchenyuk going the other way.

Red_Man

I can't see Johansen going to the Habs without Galchenyuk going the other way.
True, which wouldn't make sense from the Habs point of view. If Torts is benching him already, I doubt he would get a long with Therrien.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Bergevin would cut off Therrien's nutsack to trade before he flips AGally.

True, which wouldn't make sense from the Habs point of view. If Torts is benching him already, I doubt he would get a long with Therrien.

Agreed, which is why I don't see Johansen going to the Habs.

As a Canucks fan who's usually wary of big trades (doubly so when Benning and Weisbrod are negotiating), I think going after Johansen is the right move. I'm not sure they have the assets to make a deal, but, hypothetically, it would center around:

Tanev/Edler + Horvat/McCann/Virtanen + picks

I'm loathe to move our 1st rounder this year, since it'll probably be a lottery pick, but Johansen's young enough that moving one of the young kids, who, as with all prospects, are a long shot to be as good as Johansen has proven to be, is a good fit, and having Johansen and Horvat/McCann down the middle would set the team at centre for a decade. I'd be happy to move Edler, but the BJs would likely want Tanev--while I love Tanev, and it would be a huge blow to the team if he were gone, you're nuts if you don't trade a shutdown/no-offense defenceman for a huge, 22 year old #1 centerman.

That's about as much as the Canucks could do without crippling their prospect pool, which is still recovering, but I'm not sure it's enough.

Me after finishing my (only) final today:

giphy.gif

Me after finally getting home and not knowing if I'll play Smash, Xenoblade or watch the latest episode of Iron Blooded Orphans:

tumblr_inline_nwwocrYv9F1rujkbp_500.gif

Red_Man

Both Zibenajad and Ceci are in the bottom 10 for the entire league in terms of CF % for players who've played at least 300 minutes. If the Sens were to trade for Johansen it would cost at least one of Hoffman / Stone to start the conversation. I don't think Sens have the pieces needed to get him, or at least are willing to part with the pieces that Jarmo would want.

iLLmAtlc

Me after finishing my (only) final today:

giphy.gif

Me after finally getting home and not knowing if I'll play Smash, Xenoblade or watch the latest episode of Iron Blooded Orphans:

tumblr_inline_nwwocrYv9F1rujkbp_500.gif

lol i know the feeling. after weeks of grinding you don't really know what to do on that first day of freedom. you almost feel like studying some more >_>

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda like how mine worked out now. Got two out of the way Mon/teus including the one I was doing shitty in and doing the best in. Now I have a couple days to relax and then study all weekend for the last one in Monday.

lol i know the feeling. after weeks of grinding you don't really know what to do on that first day of freedom. you almost feel like studying some more >_>

Haha, pretty much. Though since my internet is being shitty ATM, my decision has pretty much been made for me.

Don't you just love it when a level 50 beast sees you from a mile away and chases you until you die in one hit? I sure do.

GET DRUNK WITH ME!!!

I'd love to but Winnipeg isn't playing tonight and the Oilers are not worth the hangover.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Already sitting in my seat for Star Wars. Actually still surprisingly empty here. Nobody even sitting in my row yet. Maybe because the showtime isn't until 7:15...

Something about hockey.

Quick

Banned
Already sitting in my seat for Star Wars. Actually still surprisingly empty here. Nobody even sitting in my row yet. Maybe because the showtime isn't until 7:15...

Something about hockey.

They're letting you sit already? I guess being in one of the first shows of the evening has its perks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They're letting you sit already? I guess being in one of the first shows of the evening has its perks.
They actually let the 7:30 people in even before us, for some inexplicable reason. And they're already setting up the 9:00 line.

What's funny is that the place is still a ghost town. There were like 10 people there when they let us in. Place will fill up fast in about half an hour probably. All the showings here are sold out except for one or two after midnight.

Oh, here's some hockey stuff for you:

#NYR Stats: Over the last 22 games played, the trio of Brass (8G 11A), Nash (9G 11A), and Zucc (10G 11A) has registered 60 points.

Razorskin

----- ------
They actually let the 7:30 people in even before us, for some inexplicable reason. And they're already setting up the 9:00 line.

What's funny is that the place is still a ghost town. There were like 10 people there when they let us in. Place will fill up fast in about half an hour probably. All the showings here are sold out except for one or two after midnight.

Can't believe the new Star Trek trailer is bombing that bad.

Agreed, which is why I don't see Johansen going to the Habs.

As a Canucks fan who's usually wary of big trades (doubly so when Benning and Weisbrod are negotiating), I think going after Johansen is the right move. I'm not sure they have the assets to make a deal, but, hypothetically, it would center around:

Tanev/Edler + Horvat/McCann/Virtanen + picks

I'm loathe to move our 1st rounder this year, since it'll probably be a lottery pick, but Johansen's young enough that moving one of the young kids, who, as with all prospects, are a long shot to be as good as Johansen has proven to be, is a good fit, and having Johansen and Horvat/McCann down the middle would set the team at centre for a decade. I'd be happy to move Edler, but the BJs would likely want Tanev--while I love Tanev, and it would be a huge blow to the team if he were gone, you're nuts if you don't trade a shutdown/no-offense defenceman for a huge, 22 year old #1 centerman.

That's about as much as the Canucks could do without crippling their prospect pool, which is still recovering, but I'm not sure it's enough.

We can get it done with Higgins, Sbisa, and the 2nd we got from the Torts hire. Kidding.

How deep is the draft this year? If it's not top 5 I'd be willing to give it up for Johansen. I'd be okay with Edler or Tanev going the other way: Edler is under 30, eats up minutes, quarterbacks the PP, and is at a very reasonable $5M salary. Tanev I'd hate to see go but he's close to, if not at his peak already. Also the Canucks have really bad defensive depth so giving up either would set us back a few years.

BJ's would probably want McCann, since Horvat has looked terrible this year and Virtanen isn't ready.

If we sell at the deadline Vrbata, Higgins, and Hamhuis could fetch a few picks to restock the pool. Sucks that we won't win a Cup for the Sedins but hopefully they'll be competitive again in a few years.

Anyone else really like Leafs Lunch? Ferarro and Hayes are great, and I also like O'Neil.

I've seen a bit of Vancouver Hockey Lunch on TSN, though, and it seems awful in comparison.

Marvie_3

Banned
Haha, pretty much. Though since my internet is being shitty ATM, my decision has pretty much been made for me.

Don't you just love it when a level 50 beast sees you from a mile away and chases you until you die in one hit? I sure do.

I'd love to but Winnipeg isn't playing tonight and the Oilers are not worth the hangover.
The Oilers are when they blow out Chicago like theyre going to do tonight.

Red_Man

Big test for Beaulieu, this is potentially our top pairing for the next 8 years.

Skimmed a little and saw PK with his red fur coat. God damn, PK.
I love PK but I cringe at some of the things he wears, particularly his infatuation with fedoras.

Acid08

Banned
Sounds like Hertl and Braun are both in tonight.

Zubrus on the top line still cuz he somehow lucked his way into scoring a goal last game. Deboner pls.

Red_Man

This Star Wars intro...

Sounds like Hertl and Braun are both in tonight.

Zubrus on the top line still cuz he somehow lucked his way into scoring a goal last game. Deboner pls.
You've been MIA most of the season

iLLmAtlc

Slowpitar's best days are behind him. look at those declining point totals, he's probably a Toews calibre player at this point

looking forward to the Kings anchoring themselves with that albatross contract for the next bajillion years

Top Bottom