• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Merguson

Banned
Cy2vNAwWQAETh_X.jpg

Buffalo should of hired a magician instead of a head coach tbh

wait the teams had high expectations?

fallout

wait the teams had high expectations?
I feel like in the case of the Jets, it had a lot to do with that embarrassing 5 game road trip. I certainly didn't have a lot of high expectations for this season, but several of those games were pretty tough to watch.

calder

Cy2vNAwWQAETh_X.jpg

Buffalo should of hired a magician instead of a head coach tbh

What an idiot, typical surface level blather from your typical columnist. No better than the half formed thoughts of a casual fan with zero research, but presented like news from the inside.

Quick

Banned
What an idiot, typical surface level blather from your typical columnist. No better than the half formed thoughts of a casual fan with zero research, but presented like news from the inside.

The ol' "my uncle works for Nintendo" shtick.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
why is Emelin playing with Weber anyway?

weren't he and Beaulieu having a lot of success together?

Beaulieu is injured right now, but even when he was playing he made a mistake or two and got demoted.

Weber needed a veteran presence beside him on the top pairing making mistakes instead of a young guy doing the same.

yyzjohn

Banned
I get Stamkos / Tavares vibes from them. Anyone agree?

It's a bit harder to project Matthews as the next Tavares but his hands and net drive certainly invite comparisons. Laine however looks like the closest thing to Stamkos there is. He hasn't really driven possession so far, has a lethal shot from anywhere, and shooting over 20% currently (only Stammer has come anywhere close to shooting 20% for his career among active NHL players).

You could also say Laine is like Kovalchuk, since they're both wingers.

That's another thing, that crazy shooting % so far for Laine. Guy is at 21%. The two most prolific goal scorers the last few years are Ovechkin and Stamkos, they have career shooting % of 12.4% and 17.1%. Unless Laine is better than both of those guys, I expect his shooting stats to come down a tad.

Matthews was supposed to be good. And he has been. Snooze.

Laine no one really thought that much about until last year's WJr's, and even then he was still something of a unknown. He's been the spectacular surprise.

What's the story with Puljujarvi?

Top Bottom