• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Oh shit, Chewie got banned, and his username got changed for some reason, who's going to keep us updated about jerseys now?

Looks like he asked for a nuke on his account. It's something that users can request if they really want to. This is only the second time I've seen it being done though (Fiction being the first).

Foggy

Sounds like Friedman is spitballing and not really informed by either team's intentions.

No way the BJs approach a rental like Hanzal unless they're in good playoff position by the trade deadline.

Yawnier

Banned
27. Jared Cowen’s arbitration result is due today (Wednesday, Dec. 7). If the Toronto Maple Leafs lose, that’s going to wreak havoc on next year’s cap. They will have several overages due to their talented rookies achieving bonuses.

Okay Cowen you need to fuck off already

calder

Burmi has been such a fucking disappointment the past two years I fully expect him to get sent down to the Moose when Armia and Matthias are back-

Friedman thinks maybe Montreal trades for Burmistrov?

You know, Burmistrov still has some real potential, and you can't just give away 8th overall picks! The asking price will be a young D prospect and a party platter of the finest Montreal smoked meats.

Yawnier

Banned
fortunately we have a lot of money going away next year. it will be ok.

but might prevent the leafs from signing a free agent or something.

So it could prevent the Leafs from signing another Matty Martin or bringing back Roman Polak for a 3rd stint? I might actually be ok with that

Foggy

You know, Burmistrov still has some real potential, and you can't just give away 8th overall picks! The asking price will be a young D prospect and a party platter of the finest Montreal smoked meats.

Montreal has a shiny new 9th overall pick. As long as Montreal throws in a 2nd round pick, it sounds like a good old fashioned hockey trade to me.

Quick

Banned
Looks like he asked for a nuke on his account. It's something that users can request if they really want to. This is only the second time I've seen it being done though (Fiction being the first).

Was thinking the same thing. Though I didn't realize Fiction asked for it, I just figured she vanished. I forgot she was actually a prominent member for some time. I feel like something happened directly on GAF for her to have requested a nuke.

Anyway, hope Chewie's okay. Maybe this is his first step into getting some help. Can't imagine the Canadian Gaming Deals thread being helpful with his finances and his OCD.

Foggy

Was thinking the same thing. Though I didn't realize Fiction asked for it, I just figured she vanished. I forgot she was actually a prominent member for some time. I feel like something happened directly on GAF for her to have requested a nuke.

I think Opiate said some wild shit about child molesters and that set everything off.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm always curious when Friedman throws out a random name like that, because it seems he usually has info to back it up. He randomly mentioned the trades for Petry, Flynn and Mitchell a couple of years ago before they happened so maybe he got wind that Bergevin has been asking about Burmistrov.

Anyway, hope Chewie's okay. Maybe this is his first step into getting some help. Can't imagine the Canadian Gaming Deals thread being helpful with his finances and his OCD.

I think Opiate said some wild shit about child molesters and that set everything off.

That's one of the reasons IIRC. I think the main reason though was that she needed to get off from GAF due to personal reasons and wanting to remove most of her background from the site.

Burmi has been such a fucking disappointment the past two years I fully expect him to get sent down to the Moose when Armia and Matthias are back-

I can give you Matteau for Burmistrov

calder

Montreal has a shiny new 9th overall pick. As long as Montreal throws in a 2nd round pick, it sounds like a good old fashioned hockey trade to me.

"You heard me Bergevin, I'm going to need a player, a prospect and a pick to make this happen, just like every GM says every time a former first rounder gets traded no matter how meh they turned out to be. You counteroffer a 6th round pick and that's final? Uh, sold!"

imBask

Banned

a young D

for a guy who can barely reach 20 points

get the fuck out of here, YOU give me a pick to take him
EDIT: as a new zroid apostle I can also tell you that his corsi is shit so make that 2 picks

Louis Domingue ‏@domingue35 7m7 minutes ago
My website is live just in time for the holidays! You can find the perfect gift right here

CzFpGu2VEAAgWe2.jpg

why.jpg

calder

I've always liked Mark Barberio and wanted the Jets to get him a couple of years ago... let's make this happen HabsGAF. Burmi's offensive game never panned out but he needs a change of scenery and on a better team he could well blossom. And I keep hearing Montreal is a great great team of great player so...

Also, bask is too angry and I'm going to insist he be removed from this trade call.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 59s 60 seconds ago

Nash (groin), Puempel (concussion), Grabner (personal), Vesey (upper body) all not skating today, in addition to Zibanejad and Buchnevich.
giphy.gif

I've always liked Mark Barberio and wanted the Jets to get him a couple of years ago... let's make this happen HabsGAF. Burmi's offensive game never panned out but he needs a change of scenery and on a better team he could well blossom. And I keep hearing Montreal is a great great team of great player so...

Also, bask is too angry and I'm going to insist he be removed from this trade call.

You can have Barberio but you're gonna have to give us a Defenceman back for our AHL team

OH I know give us Marko Dano

imBask

Banned

we believe in a strong good cop/bad cop dynamic

Barberio for Ehlers

Delryk

Burmistrov; 81 games, 7goals, 14assists @ 5'11, 175lbs Cap; 1.55/1year
Holland; 65 games, 9goals, 18assists @ 6'2, 200lbs Cap; 1.3/1year

Burmistrov = valued high priced??
Holland; 3rd or 4th rounder would be enough

WTF?... I'd take Holland in a heartbeat...

Solo

After he's back in Montreal and re-evaluated by the teams doctors.

I thinking it's not a surgery requiring injury, and that he won't miss the rest of the season, BUT that he'll be out 6-8 weeks. That's what I'm preparing for.

I feel so bad for him - contract year and been at PPG for like the last 50+ games. Worst possible timing for an injury.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh, even better. We'll take Barberio for Drew Stafford and you can trade us something else for Burmi.
They just sent him down on to St. Johns lol....I'm pretty sure you guys can just claim him.

I thinking it's not a surgery requiring injury, and that he won't miss the rest of the season, BUT that he'll be out 6-8 weeks. That's what I'm preparing for.
Apparently he was seen walking after the game, limping but was still walking on his own, so that seems like a good sign.

Top Bottom