• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hold on let me trigger Dopey with some "we're totally not the worst team in our divison" stats

NhIgjNN.png

BigAT

That is the Rangers' very first win on the season in a game in which they scored fewer than 3 goals.

I'm far too casual to have the proper perspective on this, so what are your thoughts on Lundqvist vs. Raanta this season? My feeling is that Lundqvist has had the higher ceiling, but Raanta has been more consistent. I'm well aware of the tendency to put too much faith in a backup so I'm trying to downplay that in my head, but I still feel like Raanta has looked pretty good when he's been out there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm far too casual to have the proper perspective on this, so what are your thoughts on Lundqvist vs. Raanta this season? My feeling is that Lundqvist has had the higher ceiling, but Raanta has been more consistent. I'm well aware of the tendency to put too much faith in a backup so I'm trying to downplay that in my head, but I still feel like Raanta has looked pretty good when he's been out there.

Raanta's the perfect backup. He's good and stable in every and any situation, and the team generally plays better in front of him compared to Hank, just like they did in front of Cam Talbot before him. He should be getting some more starts than he's gotten so that Hank can stay fresh, but not by much. Gotta ride your moneymaker, and that's Henrik Lundqvist.

Hank is having a rough stretch right now where he seems to be fighting it a lot (and then minutes later he's making spectacular saves seemingly effortlessly again). He has one of these almost every year, and they have a tendency to happen right around this point of the season, too (late November into December). A couple years ago he was still a sub-.900 save percentage as late into the season as January, and I believe that was the year we ended up in the Stanley Cup Final. So I'm not terribly worried him. For now.

Stasis

I'm starting to worry about Hank. And the contract.

I follow Shestyorkin a lot now to feel better, and I hope he keeps it up. Raanta is great as a backup right now, but we'll lose him soon. Either to Vegas or the year after.

Razorskin

----- ------
I'm starting to worry about Hank. And the contract.

I follow Shestyorkin a lot now to feel better, and I hope he keeps it up. Raanta is great as a backup right now, but we'll lose him soon. Either to Vegas or the year after.

Just bundle a 1st with Lundqvist and the Leafs will take him.

So... Murder charges for Carey Price, right? He murdered Palmieri with thousands of witnesses, while accomplice Petry should get 2nd degree charges.

We got a gif of that murder? Are we going to bring it up everytime we face the devils? Never forget?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know it's the Devils, but that was one of the best games from the Habs this year, I don't think I've seen them forecheck like that all season. Pretty great game for them all things considered, and Redmond played well.

Oh and about Patches.....

According to @EricEngels Pacioretty played through November with a broken foot.

He's definitely looked out of a place at times this year, and hasn't looked as good as he can, but I'm suspecting he's injured at this point.

Poor Pacioretty played like shit

I bet he's injured :(

Maybe he's injured!!!

Maybe you should stick to commenting on your own shitty team from now on

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

I know it's the Devils, but that was one of the best games from the Habs this year, I don't think I've seen them forecheck like that all season. Pretty great game for them all things considered, and Redmond played well.

Oh and about Patches.....

Maybe you should stick to commenting on your own shitty team from now on

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Fuck Patches O' Hoolihan

#ImWithPikma

Red_Man

Toss blatant bullshit, ignore all facts.

It's like a Trump rally.

Regarding Price, good for him. Refs do shit for goalies, I'd rather him do that then just let it go on, and I haven't seen him that angry since he fought Tim Thomas.

Toss blatant bullshit, ignore all facts.

It's like a Trump rally.

Regarding Price, good for him. Refs do shit for goalies, I'd rather him do that then just let it go on, and I haven't seen him that angry since he fought Tim Thomas.

But he has a tweet from an extremely reliable source.

I don't see how that is bullshit

Red_Man

wouldnt be saying that if the refs didnt miss the call, and gave price a game misconduct
Huh? Dude gets run every game and has missed an entire season and playoffs because the refs don't give a fuck about goalies. You think after the Miller - Lucic incident they would have acted, but nothing. Good on Price, he's a league MVP, and one of the leagues biggest stars getting run and if no one else will do anything, he needs to stand up for himself.

Stasis

Season two starts in February for AMC!

Season 2 ends the 18th! Can't wait to binge it. Season 1 was fun.

edit: Something something Price, something Kreider, something something Weber. I think that covers it.

But it's an awesome gif. And it's against the Debbies so I quite enjoyed it. And the game.

Socreges

Banned
Huh? Dude gets run every game and has missed an entire season and playoffs because the refs don't give a fuck about goalies. You think after the Miller - Lucic incident they would have acted, but nothing. Good on Price, he's a league MVP, and one of the leagues biggest stars getting run and if no one else will do anything, he needs to stand up for himself.
Hah, Palmeiri did nothing wrong on that play. Petry didnt do anything in response because he knew it was his fault.

Having an injury history doesn't give you license to repeatedly punch people in the head. Sorry.

Red_Man

Hah, Palmeiri did nothing wrong on that play. Petry didnt do anything in response because he knew it was his fault.

Having an injury history doesn't give you license to repeatedly punch people in the head. Sorry.
Petry barely touches him, and Palmeiri makes 0 effort to avoid contact, even if Petry didn't touch him, he would have been in the crease. It's teams game plans against the Habs, Price / Montoya are constantly getting run and no one does anything. He was already run once in the game. Refs barely dish out punishment for it unless it's for a player known for running the crease.

Petry barely touches him, and Palmeiri makes 0 effort to avoid contact, even if Petry didn't touch him, he would have been in the crease. It's teams game plans against the Habs, Price / Montoya are constantly getting run and no one does anything. He was already run once in the game. Refs barely dish out punishment for it unless it's for a player known for running the crease.

just because you are a canadien's fan, doesnt mean you have to defend them 100%, petry pushed palmeiri into price, you can literally see petry push palmeiri in the back with two hands into price

Socreges

Banned
Man. I know we're tight and all, bro, but I'ma have to call bullshit on your entire post. For the bolded: 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. Goalies get run every game. It happens and it sucks. There was a game recently where Markstrom was run several times. But instead of convincing myself that it was some dastardly strategy only employed against the Canucks, I took the common sense perspective. And the fact that you're not seeing that Petry is responsible for the collision just drives home the point that you've deluded yourself into this conspiracy.

Red_Man

Man. I know we're tight and all, bro, but I'ma have to call bullshit on your entire post. For the bolded: 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. Goalies get run every game. It happens and it sucks. There was a game recently where Markstrom was run several times. But instead of convincing myself that it was some dastardly strategy only employed against the Canucks, I took the common sense perspective. And the fact that you're not seeing that Petry is responsible for the collision just drives home the point that you've deluded yourself into this conspiracy.
Petry barely touches him, Palmeiri makes 0 effort to avoid him, and everyone here is convinced that the Habs are 100% dependent on Price, so you don't think teams will run him intentionally? He's a MVP as a goalie, and one of the calmest guys in the league, of course players will run him more than a bottom feeder teams backup. It's no different than the other league MVPs, except for refs don't give a fuck about goalies.

Top Bottom