• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Socreges

Banned
Petry barely touches him, Palmeiri makes 0 effort to avoid him, and everyone here is convinced that the Habs are 100% dependent on Price, so you don't think teams will run him intentionally? He's a MVP as a goalie, and one of the calmest guys in the league, of course players will run him more than a bottom feeder teams backup. It's no different than the other league MVPs, except for refs don't give a fuck about goalies.
I don't have the data to support or refute your conspiracy. Would be interesting to see what the numbers are for goalies getting run.

What I can say is that Palmeiri was clearly just trying to get a chance on net, got himself into a position the ice that is very common and lucrative, and was clearly pushed by Petry into Price. Price's retaliation was defensible, hilarious and should have been more heavily penalized. All of those things.

Pikma

Banned
Sure man, the league should let him get away with that kind of shit because he's an MVP and a victim too. It seems totally fair to me.

Fighting violence with violence can only help

Yup

PillarEN

The scariest part of Price giving Palmieri the business was the Devil that actually stepped on his head with his skate. Other than that a few body shots, you get your roughing penalties. Game goes on.

PillarEN

Oh man I got some sad news. Any Wings fan probably knows the voice of Ken Daniels. He's the play by play man on the Fox Sports Detroit team. Really excellent at his job, calls a very unbiased game (we let Mickey play the absolute homer which is more than enough). His son passed away unfortunately. Only 23 years old. I won't speculate what the cause could be. Really feel for Ken and I'm sure the Red Wings organization will come through for him and his family at this time.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/12/08/detroit-red-wings-ken-daniels/95155720/

imBask

Banned
Price should get a 1 or 2 game suspension for the last 2 shots, the first one was acceptable considering the situation

yyzjohn

Banned
What was the comment?

At one point Hayes says Lawless's argument is "ridiculous" and then Lawless gets all pissy and says "don't make it personal Bryan, you invite me on your show and call my opinion ridiculous?"

They cut that entire segment from the podcast until the point where Noodles steps in to make peace.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol of course the one person that defends that shit is the the same person that's probably willing to bath in Prices buckets of cum until his body is glazed and shiny and smelling like chlorine and bleach.

At one point Hayes says Lawless's argument is "ridiculous" and then Lawless gets all pissy and says "don't make it personal Bryan, you invite me on your show and call my opinion ridiculous?"

They cut that entire segment from the podcast until the point where Noodles steps in to make peace.

Lawless sounded like a straight up baby.

What were the penalties for the Price punching Palms? Because I remember Radulov serving the penalty as if it was a fighting major . But Palmeri didn't get penalized. It should've been a 4v4 power play

calder

Thank you to Carey Price, Connor McDavid and whoever the asshole Connor McDavid ethered was for making me feel slightly better about Drew fucking Stafford costing us a game late. Not that we deserved to win that game by any means, but being a minute away from a point - no matter how undeserved - only to have it snatched away by your most useless forward is painful.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One of these things is not like the others ♪

M82xPEG.jpg

PillarEN

Not sure how to read that exactly but I do understand from this chart that the Rangers should make it to the Eastern conference finals and that the Sabres are fishing for a number 1 pick at the draft.

NHL playing both sides in a lucrative doughnut war

Several years ago, the NHL agreed to a steadily-growing partnership with Canadian-based Tim Horton’s. The quick-service restaurant became the title sponsor for the 2011 Tim Horton’s Heritage Classic to initiate its multi-year contract.

As part of the partnership, Tim Horton’s became the official breakfast, coffee, doughnut and quick-service restaurant of the NHL in Canada. A year later, the sponsorship grew to include the titling of the NHL All-Star Game.

Tim Horton’s also secured individual franchise sponsorships with the Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Vancouver Canucks and Winnipeg Jets.

Before the 2015-16 season, Tim Horton’s partnered with Upper Deck, who holds the license to produce hockey cards, to produce its own themed set of NHL cards available for purchase in its restaurants.

Meanwhile, Tim Horton’s was also trying to nab more of a market share in the United States. In 2012, Dunkin’ Donuts controlled 57.5 percent of the $11.6-billion American doughnut industry. Tim Horton’s invasion into the United States began with a small cluster of locations in major metropolitan areas, like New York City‘s Penn Station. Those designs have since become much more ambitious, expanding to take on Dunkin’ Donuts directly. An example is Tim Horton’s current expansion into the Daytona, Florida, market.

This is in response to the NHL signing a multi year deal with Dunkin' Donuts in the US.

zroid

Banned
That 1-2 year stretch where people thought maybe Garth Snow was actually a good GM is a distant memory

that's $3.5M AAV btw

Delryk

Price should get a 1 or 2 game suspension for the last 2 shots, the first one was acceptable considering the situation

I agree.. I'd give Palmeir 2 games for "Attempt to Injure" and Price a game or 2 for "Unsportsmanlike" or even "Attempt to Injure" for him too since it was with the blocker.. that shit is hard as fuck.

This shit shouldn't be tolerated on both sides.. :/

Cactus

Banned
I wouldn't give Palmieri or Price any sort of suspension. Price should definitely get suspended if he ever does something like that again, though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I agree.. I'd give Palmeir 2 games for "Attempt to Injure" and Price a game or 2 for "Unsportsmanlike" or even "Attempt to Injure" for him too since it was with the blocker.. that shit is hard as fuck.

:looooool

Parch

The league knows that Price is the coolest cucumber out there so if he's getting pissed off then they know he's making a statement. Players plead the pushed defense but everybody knows the sneaky shit they do. They take an angle right at the goaltender and get themselves into a position where they feel a slight bump and act like they've been hit by a battering ram, right into the goaltender.

If the league is going to make a legit effort to protect goaltenders who are in a vulnerable position, then they need to give the goaltenders the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps not in this case, but the acting going on by players crashing the crease can get ridiculous. There is definitely attempt to injure in a lot of cases when they know they can go for the "I was pushed" defense.

imBask

Banned

you're a bigger Habs homer than I am! Palmieri charge the net i'm not buying into the "Petry did everything" argument, but it wasn't vicious

Top Bottom