• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Holiday

Banned
The Blues are yet again a team spinning in mediocrity. They haven't had a 1C since Turgeon or Demitra, but they pay Lehtera 4 million and won't play Fabbri at center. Their goaltender of the future slides around like he has grease under his pads. They gave almost 6 million to an aging Steen who only takes penalties. They make blind passes, refuse to shoot unless a defender is in position to make a block, fling hopeless wristshots from the point aiming for lucky deflections, get outworked constantly, and generally skate around looking clueless.

Pietrangelo for Nylander and a 1st, who cares anymore.

☺🙃☺🙃

Quick

Banned
The Blues are yet again a team spinning in mediocrity. They haven't had a 1C since Turgeon or Demitra, but they pay Lehtera 4 million and won't play Fabbri at center. Their goaltender of the future slides around like he has grease under his pads. They gave almost 6 million to an aging Steen who only takes penalties. They make blind passes, refuse to shoot unless a defender is in position to make a block, fling hopeless wristshots from the point aiming for lucky deflections, get outworked constantly, and generally skate around looking clueless.

Pietrangelo for Nylander and a 1st, who cares anymore.

☺🙃☺🙃

"Aging Steen"...Jesus Christ, he's already 32?

Stasis

Omg we won. And the Caps lost! Thx Habs.

Had a Christmas thing. Ended up playing NHL 17 with a dude who's new to it at the end.

Regular teams were blowouts so we did me as Norway and him as Canada. I still won. ZUUUUUUCCCCCC. I'm cakebossed. I always do the Norway/Zucc thing to newbies. Still think NHL kinda sucks now though.

Omg we won. And the Caps lost! Thx Habs.

Had a Christmas thing. Ended up playing NHL 17 with a dude who's new to it at the end.

Regular teams were blowouts so we did me as Norway and him as Canada. I still won. ZUUUUUUCCCCCC. I'm cakebossed. I always do the Norway/Zucc thing to newbies. Still think NHL kinda sucks now though.

Yeah it's kinda shit. Although I simmed one season in franchise mode and the Leafs became amazing so I'm alright with that.

Stasis

Yeah it's kinda shit. Although I simmed one season in franchise mode and the Leafs became amazing so I'm alright with that.

I kinda miss BAGM, but it became shit =/

Is it better now? I have less time but I'm considering a PS4 Pro for a bunch of things so I'd prolly get 17 and/or18 at that point.

Also game related, astroneer is fantastic.

I kinda miss BAGM, but it became shit =/

Is it better now? I have less time but I'm considering a PS4 Pro for a bunch of things so I'd prolly get 17 and/or18 at that point.

Also game related, astroneer is fantastic.

I actually really like pretty much all the modes in 17. Franchise is basically all I could ever want from a mode of that type, even the new Draft Champions mode is cool. It's mostly the on ice stuff that was the problem for me. The game just got boring after about half a season of Franchise.

I found it a lot harder to score in that game than ever before but that could be seen as a good thing.

Have nothing to do on a cold Sunday afternoon? Someone uploaded the first two parts of Year in the Life of the NHL documentary from 1998 that covers the 1997 season.

https://youtu.be/fqr17fSd8hw
https://youtu.be/JcyRdqqrVlc

Watch Joe Thornton get picked first overall, Calgary waste their sixth overall, Tie Domi making bank with the Leafs by his agent comparing him to future 37-goal man Sergei Berezin, the trap, and Milbury, Milbury, Milbury.

imBask

Banned
Bettman wasn't a heel in 1997? you can barely hear the booing

EDIT: oh god Rejean Houle, I don't know if I can watch that thing

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cz-RUO1XcAA8DAj.jpg:large

If Tampa failed to make the playoffs after the off season they had, that would be something else.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If Tampa failed to make the playoffs after the off season they had, that would be something else.

64%?!?

I haven't looked at the standings but I thought we were near the bottom?

Hmm so we are but we have 2 games in hand. Well whatever.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh god, the Fox puck. Dark days.

Hahahaha I love these GM meetings, Millbury is of course the only fucking idiot there who has a problem of limiting obstruction, calling today's(1998) players weak, soft and just need to work hard. How have this man held a professional respected profession is beyond me.

Syrinx

Hahahaha I love these GM meetings, Millbury is of course the only fucking idiot there who has a problem of limiting obstruction, calling today's(1998) players weak, soft and just need to work hard. How have this man held a professional respected profession is beyond me.

And now us Americans have to watch this fuckwit on NBC all the damn time. :(

Foggy

Yeah but so is like the whole Metro division.

Which reminds me: how are Carolina's odds higher than Philly's? I'd love for the Flyers to sink like the Hindenburg as much as anyone but how come these stat dudes don't like them?

Strength of schedule, maybe?

Top Bottom