• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Markov to miss two more games.

Price vs Wild Tomorrow

Montoya vs Columbus on Friday...

Oh boy
He didn't say for sure if Montoya would play against Columbus, with how little work Price has had to do this week I would expect him to play that game as well.

calder

Perhaps you were focusing on Biega.

Though it's true, the Canucks are not good. And certainly just as true, the Jets are even worse. Is something wrong with Schiefele btw? He did practically nothing

No one likes to talk about it, but Fefe has been a shadow of his former self since he missed a week with that "minor" lower body injury that they were all so vague about. God even typing it makes me want to puke.

Hey, I completely understand where you were going with your post. What shook me is the implication that it took 35 games + a loss to the Canucks for you to realize that the Jets are hot trash.

Fair, but I slave away on these posts, I mean really put my heart and soul (and the time and energy I should probably be using for my job frankly but whatever) so I need you at 100% when you reply. Pucks in deep, keep the game simple, full 60 minutes next time.

I have to say I don't quite understand the Jets. It seems like they have enough good players to be good (Scheifele, Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Byfuglien, Trouba etc) but seem to let games slip away from them at some point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Montoya on playing a lot of road games: "When I was in FLA there weren't many fans at home, so it was nice to go on the road..."
Montoya with the low key fire

calder

I have to say I don't quite understand the Jets. It seems like they have enough good players to be good (Scheifele, Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Byfuglien, Trouba etc) but seem to let games slip away from them at some point.

Ugh, I could post a thousand words but.... you and me both fam.

Team is still young but the goal tending has been average at best this year. Discipline remains a problem and the special teams are *bad* as they always are. I really think it's time for Maurice to go, structurally this team is just poorly managed and they don't get results in line with their growing talent.

I thought this year they were going to be a bubble team and just miss the playoffs but improve over last year. They aren't even reaching that modest goal so far. At this point I'm just hoping for more bullshit luck with the ping pong balls, although there isn't a truly great talent in this draft Patrick or Liljegren would sure help.

Marvie_3

Banned
2XJTR9oh.jpg
:lol

Maybe it's a leadership thing? Not sure if Ladd was a good captain.

I agree their goaltending is average, and their special teams aren't great, but I do think the game last night could've gone either way; Markstrom played well and got some luck. That breakaway goal was brutal though; you don't give one up at even-strength when in the offensive zone.

Socreges

Banned
I will say that Hellebuyck doesn't seem quite ready for the #1 gig, which of course means he may never be ready. Jets may need to wait until 2020 once Comrie is ready in order to be competitive.

They're built to be a 8-9-10 team. They need a quick reset.

It's time to move a pick or 2. 1st rounders. Get a good young player who wants out of his current situation. Free agency will be their draft.

Goaltending is an issue. I bet there's a back-up in California they could trade for.

Defence needs to be shored up. Free agency should be focused on grabbing some grit 'n' tuffness.

Coaching too. Maurice lacks the experience IMO. A guy like Ron Wilson, when he's healthy, would be an ideal choice.

Make space on the roster via buyouts. Jets fans have waited long enough, right?

The final piece, or pieces: Add a local kid, gritty scorer type. A guy who'll risk a suspension and jump over the boards to protect Ehlers or something.

Socreges

Banned

It's time to move a pick or 2. 1st rounders. Get a good young player who wants out of his current situation. Free agency will be their draft.

Goaltending is an issue. I bet there's a back-up in California they could trade for.

Defence needs to be shored up. Free agency should be focused on grabbing some grit 'n' tuffness.

Coaching too. Maurice lacks the experience IMO. A guy like Ron Wilson, when he's healthy, would be an ideal choice.

The final piece, or pieces: Add a local kid, gritty scorer type. A guy who'll risk a suspension and jump over the boards to protect Ehlers or something.
👏

Solo

And just think, as frustrating as the Jets must be for their fans, they're still light years ahead of the Leafs.

calder

I burst into tears reading this simply because a sizable minority of Jets fans would agree unironically with this 100%.

imBask

Banned
someone thinks the leafs won't be contenders in the very near future

LOL BAIT ZOMG LOL EZ BAIT STOP BAITING BAITBAITBAIT ALERT

stay losing leafsgaf

PillarEN

I said it earlier this year and I'll say it again so you guys can put me on a pedestal or laugh me out of the OT never to return again: The Golden Knights will win a playoff series before the Jets win a playoff game.

I don't really believe it but I stand by my stupid opinion

someone thinks the leafs won't be contenders in the very near future

LOL BAIT ZOMG LOL EZ BAIT STOP BAITING BAITBAITBAIT ALERT

stay losing leafsgaf

Oh come on it's not that hard to tell when a post is made with the sole purpose of getting the salt flowing.

It happens like 15 times per page in this thread.

calder

I said it earlier this year and I'll say it again so you guys can put me on a pedestal or laugh me out of the OT never to return again: The Golden Knights will win a playoff series before the Jets win a playoff game.

I don't really believe it but I stand by my stupid opinion

Yeah that's crazy and almost impossible to imagine happening. As it stands right now the Knights are getting SHIT and the league has a few months to make trades simply to make the offerings even worse.

The stories of Vegas being more than a bit disappointed at their mock drafts cracked me up, but I'll admit before the season I totally bought into the idea that the expansion draft would be reasonably deep this time around. Guess not! I think the anonymous scout who said they were going to have 1 third line and 3 fourth lines was on to something.

The Jets will win a playoff series before Vegas gets out of the bottom 10 in the standings. Vegas is gonna be pretty shit for a while and the Jets could theoretically turn around pretty quickly with the solid players they already have.

Ben Smith on IR and Byron Froese recalled

*shrug*

I wonder if Froese will play over the Goat or if he's here to be an extra. Or maybe Willy goes back on the wing, Leivo gets scratched and both Froese and the Goat get in.

Either way, I don't think this team is ready for life after Bozak. Centre depth is kinda nasty without him.

Pikma

Banned
You guys should stop arguing, especially during this beautiful time of the year, let's all hug and kiss each other instead<3

calder

Vegas' goalie tandem is going to be Matt Murray and Antti Raanta. They can't be THAT bad.

They'll have a couple of good goalies (Pens will trade one so they don't lose Murray though I bet) and 1 or 2 decentish defensemen, but all that means is they'll lose a lot of 2-0 and 3-1 games.

I expect the Jets to lose someone like Adam Lowry or Marko Dano and that will be one of their better forwards and probably play on their second line. That shit's going to be grim for a while.

PillarEN

You guys should stop arguing, especially during this beautiful time of the year, let's all hug and kiss each other instead<3

Wings play on Xmas Eve here (technically the 23rd in the States). If they don't win I'm going to be very Grinch-like. The team has sucked so far. I'm angry and not used to this. It feels like withdrawal.

Vegas will be a contender with Luca Sbisa on their blueline.

To be honest he actually hasn't been that bad lately. But with Gudbranson getting an extension and Stecher/Tryamkin coming up, he's too expensive for a bottom-pairing guy.

Socreges

Banned
Luca Sbisa and Jack Johnson both playing well is all the evidence you need of how fucked up 2016 is
Sbisa is just 26, to be fair. While forwards can enter their prime in their early 20s or even late teens, dmen sometimes take more time. I don't think it's so bizarre. And it's not like he's putting up more offense than usual.

zroid

Banned
I fully agree with Brooksie here

It is neither time to panic nor to throw the baby out with the bathwater in the aftermath of the Rangers’ 7-2 humbling by the Penguins in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night.

But do you know what it is time for and who it is time for?

It is time for the Rangers to recall Tanner Glass from the AHL Wolf Pack, so he can be in the lineup for Friday night’s match at the Garden against the Wild.

That’s what.

it's time

Foggy

Luca Sbisa and Jack Johnson both playing well is all the evidence you need of how fucked up 2016 is

Brad Shaw being hired has been an overlooked acquisition. A third of the blue line are rookies, one being a 2015 7th rounder, and then there's been JJ. Doesn't explain Murray stalling but I'm optimistic.

Top Bottom