• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415537

Kerry Fraser says Vaneks goal shouldn't have counted. Budaj was pretty obviously shoved into his net, but Montreal should never have let that entire play happen. They're so bad when the other team pulls their goalie.
Lots of blame to go on that goal. Plekanec (best team FO player) and Subban who's the best at clearing the crease should have both been on the ice, Budaj should have covered it, and it was blatant interference that the ref lost sight of but didn't call down. It's hilarious how Silverberg gets with a foot of Price and it's interference but Ott is literally in the crease, and pushing Budaj in but no call. Refs continue to be inconsistent and complete garbage.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I hope the Tampa Bay players like snow. Most of them probably do, being Canadian, but they obviously don't get any down in FL. This should be fun for them.

Acid08

Banned
Lots of blame to go on that goal. Plekanec (best team FO player) and Subban who's the best at clearing the crease should have both been on the ice, Budaj should have covered it, and it was blatant interference that the ref lost sight of but didn't call down. It's hilarious how Silverberg gets with a foot of Price and it's interference but Ott is literally in the crease, and pushing Budaj in but no call. Refs continue to be inconsistent and complete garbage.
Welcome to the joys of playing Steve "Super Cunt" Ott!

Red_Man

Welcome to the joys of playing Steve "Super Cunt" Ott!
He was being a prick fucking with Gionta which is what caused White to freak out on him. Quite the introduction indeed, at least Prust kicked his ass last week.

Curufinwe

TT_zps47c9be5e.jpg

Fei

Oh he's a total pussy when he's actually confronted.

I get that a lot of people probably have good reason to hate Ott, but he's been pretty tame this year. Last week when he fought Prust, he pretty much asked for it at the faceoff. And yeah, he got smoked. :lol Even looking at the replay of the game-tying goal, he was clearly in the center of the crease but it wasn't like he ran Budaj.

I'm sure there will be plenty of reason to hate Ott in Buffalo, but 10 games in he hasn't done much.

:lol

This is so great on so many different levels.

Ty Conklin has had strings of 10 games where he's been the best goalie in the NHL. But he never stopped being Ty Conklin.

Crawford could be emerging as a true #1 starter in the league, but I don't think he's got enough time to prove himself worthy of the Olympics. Even with Canada's lack of depth in net. AFAIK just one guy here suggested that Crawford "needs to be in that discussion" and Tabris, having zero frame of reference outside of what other people say, parroted him.

We'll see how he looks halfway into the season. Would like to have a larger sample size than eight games.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I get that a lot of people probably have good reason to hate Ott, but he's been pretty tame this year. Last week when he fought Prust, he pretty much asked for it at the faceoff. And yeah, he got smoked. :lol Even looking at the replay of the game-tying goal, he was clearly in the center of the crease but it wasn't like he ran Budaj.

I'm sure there will be plenty of reason to hate Ott in Buffalo, but 10 games in he hasn't done much.

I'm actually surprised he dropped the gloves with Prust considering he was trying to fight 5'8", 20 year old Gallagher before that. He still tried to get the jump on Prust before he could drop his gloves though. He didn't run Budaj, but he pushed him into the net, hard to make a save then.

Fei

I'm actually surprised he dropped the gloves with Prust considering he was trying to fight 5'8", 20 year old Gallagher before that. He still tried to get the jump on Prust before he could drop his gloves though. He didn't run Budaj, but he pushed him into the net, hard to make a save then.

Right. So he fought a guy and crashed the net hard. There's not much there this season to really vilify the guy.

Acid08

Banned
Right. So he fought a guy and crashed the net hard. There's not much there this season to really vilify the guy.
Eh, that's dumb though. It's like saying that Raffi Torres hasn't ended anyone's career this season so there's no reason to vilify him!

Fuck Steve Ott for life, no matter what he does and how he plays.

Fei

Eh, that's dumb though. It's like saying that Raffi Torres hasn't ended anyone's career this season so there's no reason to vilify him!

Yeah, I completely admit to being ignorant to his history because he played for Dallas. I know he's known for being dirty. All I've really seen is is when Prust wanted to fight, he wasn't running away.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, I completely admit to being ignorant to his history because he played for Dallas. I know he's known for being dirty. All I've really seen is is when Prust wanted to fight, he wasn't running away.
Like lamaroo says he always tries to pick out the smallest player who doesn't fight to fuck with. Dude is spineless.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have to admit, it took me longer than it should to realize it, but I finally figured out what was odd about the Characters in the non-CGI cutscenes in Fire Emblem: WHY THE FUCK DOES NOBODY HAVE FEET?!? What's up with that?!?

Socreges

Banned
I have to admit, it took me longer than it should to realize it, but I finally figured out what was odd about the Characters in the non-CGI cutscenes in Fire Emblem: WHY THE FUCK DOES NOBODY HAVE FEET?!? What's up with that?!?
Apparently it was an actual design choice. And it's horrible.

Amazing game otherwise.

Tabris

I would pay the NHL to add "challenge flag" option. 1 per game. Costs your timeout if you lose.

I would even be fine with the penalty for losing a challenge be a 2 minute delay of game, so that it would be rarely be used but gives the coach the option for something like that interference.

31320474.jpg

Haven't played the game(s) yet

I would pay the NHL to add "challenge flag" option. 1 per game. Costs your timeout if you lose.

I would even be fine with the penalty for losing a challenge be a 2 minute delay of game, so that it would be rarely be used but gives the coach the option for something like that interference.

31320474.jpg

Red_Man

Like lamaroo says he always tries to pick out the smallest player who doesn't fight to fuck with. Dude is spineless.
Like Lamaroo said, he was trying to fight Gallgher who's 5'7 before Prust stepped in...

Well this definitely falls somewhere in the top 5 dumbest things you've ever said.

You know, part of me would maybe be okay with review, but for what? Where do you draw the line?

And talking about it and implementing it are two different things. I really wouldn't want that shit slowing down the games. And the two minute penalty is an even worse idea.

Well this definitely falls somewhere in the top 5 dumbest things you've ever said.

Must be quite a top five. And probably quite a top twenty.

Cake Boss

Banned

YdDUVuG.gif

You know, part of me would maybe be okay with review, but for what? Where do you draw the line?

And talking about it and implementing it are two different things. I really wouldn't want that shit slowing down the games. And the two minute penalty is an even worse idea.

Must be quite a top five. And probably quite a top twenty.

I had him on ignore for a while (which turned out to be useless since everyone here loves quoting almost everything he says) so my top 5 is full of some old, stupid shit.

Tabris

Didn't even have to wait until the playoffs, yikes.

What? I was just saying that line would be awesome. A man can dream, can't he? You're like everyone that isn't Rudy, in the movie Rudy.

EDIT or Jon Favreau or the Custodian who used to play before he got angry about being benched or Rudy's best friend before he died or the Priest in the ND chapel or the brother who gets Rudy's girlfriend or Vince Vaughn after he has a change of heart

Red_Man

What? I was just saying that line would be awesome. A man can dream, can't he? You're like everyone that isn't Rudy, in the movie Rudy.
I take offense to this purely on comparing me to the movie Rudy, I hate that movie.

Heretic

Acid speaks truths.

Glad he's no longer in the West!

*brofist*

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
dJaQ8RX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DQDI5iP.jpg[IMG]

WHY would they give him a black ice jersey, it's so ugly[/QUOTE]

I chuckled a bit when I heard last night they gave him a Subban jersey, but then again it's pretty the best selling one, but this!? What the fuck is that thing, kill it with fire.

Socreges

Banned
It's not funny because it's so unrealistic. It's funny because that's a horrible idea. Why put a $9.6m puck hog on the ice with the Sedins when you can get 30 goals from just about anyone?

Top Bottom