• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
....OUR SHOOTOUT!

I said goddamn! Whew... finally finished tonight's game on the DVR. Man, any Panthers fan should be bouncing around the fucking room after that! What a change since last year! Exciting stuff!!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You a cop?
Reminds me of one of my favourite twitter accounts

@Notapoliceman RT if you're excited for Christmas or if you have an active warrant in the state of Arizona

@Notapoliceman If anyone is interested, I am hosting a halloween party 8pm across the street from Prescott PD. Bring your best & most illegal drug

@Notapoliceman Drinking Malt Liquor In The Parking Lot Of Prescott Mall And Generally Being A Nuisance - Private Message Me If Interested

@Notapoliceman RT this if You Hate Homework LOL! Or If You Have Shoplifted Anything From The Hot Topic At Prescott Mall Today

Also as shitty as the loss was tonight, reading Hab fans freak out on Hfboards is really entertaining.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You don't even know what I'm talking about.

It's relevant, OKAY?

No.

Should have been a grumpy cat "No." for better effect

Edit: Kane is looking ridiculous this year, makes the rumors of him for Miller straight up even funnier.

Damn, totally dropped the ball there :( Was tempted to do it this time, but that would've just been cheap...

CCF23

We're almost at the quarter pole of the season already. The latter half of this season is going to be a dog fight. There's just no time to create any kind of separation unless you're Chicago.

1st and 2nd in every division is separated by 3 points or fewer except the central where the Hawks lead by 7.

Hunter S.

Vancouver will probably separate from the rest of the terrible NorthWest. Already stopped watching most Avs games. Forced to watch some Chicago stomp fests to stay at all interested.
#fucktheknonkes

CCF23

Vancouver will probably separate from the rest of the terrible NorthWest. Already stopped watching most Avs games. Forced to watch some Chicago stomp fests to stay at all interested.
#fucktheknonkes

Yeah, if the Canucks can get/stay healthy it doesn't really look like anyone in the NW is poised to run with them. Minnesota is definitely not living up to the hype after their summer. Same old Wild. Parise has been as advertised, but Suter hasn't been great and the same old problems still exist there.

Edmonton is getting there, but looks like they still aren't there yet.

Colorado is fucked without O'Reilly, Landeskog, and Downie. Even with all 3 of them in the lineup, they'd still likely not challenge for the division yet, though.

Calgary sucks.

Other divisions should be interesting, though. Atlantic should be wide open. Boston should win the NE, but Montreal could surprise. I wouldn't count St. Louis out of the Central yet. The Pacific could be a dog fight if LA figures their shit out, and who really cares about the Southeast?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boston is definitely the favourite for the NE, but both Ottawa / Montreal could make a run for it, but it's unlikely. Still lots of games left, all it takes is a big injury to a key player to knock a team out.

CCF23

Montreal will get worse and Minnesota will get better.

I'd like the opposite to be true, but alas.

I'm not sure if Minny will get much better. The defense isn't really that good, Backstrom looks human, and they're not that deep.

They'll be a fringe playoff team, I think. Somewhere in the 7-10 range.

Hunter S.

Yeah, if the Canucks can get/stay healthy it doesn't really look like anyone in the NW is poised to run with them. Minnesota is definitely not living up to the hype after their summer. Same old Wild. Parise has been as advertised, but Suter hasn't been great and the same old problems still exist there.

Edmonton is getting there, but looks like they still aren't there yet.

Colorado is fucked without O'Reilly, Landeskog, and Downie. Even with all 3 of them in the lineup, they'd still likely not challenge for the division yet, though.

Calgary sucks.

Other divisions should be interesting, though. Atlantic should be wide open. Boston should win the NE, but Montreal could surprise. I wouldn't count St. Louis out of the Central yet. The Pacific could be a dog fight if LA figures their shit out, and who really cares about the Southeast?

The best line, "Calgary sucks" :-D

But yeah I agree, even if healthy, Semyon Varlymov and the defense is not good enough to get the avs far. And, Edmonton is in the dogfight of NHL parity that won't allow them to be among the few times that shine.

The Pacific will be interesting too.

CCF23

The best part is their complete unwillingness to accept the fact that they suck and rebuild. Nope, instead we'll sign Wideman, Hudler, and Cervenka!

Socreges

Banned
Cervenka was cheap, at least.

As long as they've got Iginla and Kiprusoff, two potential HOFers, the organization sees a window. They think they can continue to attract talent through free agency and build a contender.

It's a fucking fairy tale. But I can't imagine how difficult it must be to concede that the Iginla/Kiprusoff era has come to an end and it's time to start the long, difficult rebuild. Especially when they'd spent the last few years telling themselves there was another way as the Oilers racked up #1 picks.

CCF23

I don't want that. It's much more amusing if they finish 12th or so in the West and get a 7th or 8th overall pick instead of top 3.

RC

Banned
I don't want that. It's much more amusing if they finish 12th or so in the West and get a 7th or 8th overall pick instead of top 3.

Poor Zedge. We're talking shit about his team, and he's asleep. Oh whatever, like he doesn't already know.

I'm cakebossed by the way. I felt everyone should know that. Drawing attention to myself in a anonymous internet subthread. Oh yeah!

Poor Zedge. We're talking shit about his team, and he's asleep. Oh whatever, like he doesn't already know.

I'm cakebossed by the way. I felt everyone should know that. Drawing attention to myself in a anonymous internet subthread. Oh yeah!

Ah yes, acknowledgement from me Internet Person! Enjoy your time!

I'm staring at a box that is meant to have my computer packed into it and I don't want to get off my computer.

WELCOME TO FRIDAY NIGHT

Solo

Just saw Therrien's post-game.

I'd hate to disappoint the guy. Sounds like he's literally going to drop off White in the middle of nowhere and leave him to fend for himself.

White deserves it. He's funning for the "Fucktard of the Year" award.

....OUR SHOOTOUT!

I said goddamn! Whew... finally finished tonight's game on the DVR. Man, any Panthers fan should be bouncing around the fucking room after that! What a change since last year! Exciting stuff!!
'Twas amazing. I can't think of the last time Cats won one in two shooters.

Last nights game was horrible. The Flyers were the better team in regulation and OT but they just couldnt get that 3rd goal. Bryz is by far the worst shootout goalie I have ever seen. I would actually be okay with they putting in a different guy for the SO's except Bryz is so fragile mentally he would probably fall apart if they did that.

Last nights game was horrible. The Flyers were the better team in regulation and OT but they just couldnt get that 3rd goal. Bryz is by far the worst shootout goalie I have ever seen. I would actually be okay with they putting in a different guy for the SO's except Bryz is so fragile mentally he would probably fall apart if they did that.

Yup. This about sums it up. I'd be interested in checking out TOP stats for that game. Felt like we had the puck the whole time.

Curufinwe

Bob was actually even worse in the shootouts when he was in Philly, but yeah, they should have pulled Bryz for an extra attacker in the last two minutes of OT. He had decent shootout stats when he was in Phoenix, but now he's awful at them.

Bob was actually even worse in the shootouts when he was in Philly, but yeah, they should have pulled Bryz for an extra attacker in the last two minutes of OT.

I thought you lose the loser point if you pull your goalie in OT? If not they should definitely do that from now on. The only way Bryz was stopping a shot during the SO was if they guy taking the shot fell down and died before getting the shot off.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs at worse will be .500 at the quarter point of the season. I'm perfectly fine with that.

I think this is where most people expected them to be, in the hunt for the playoffs. Currently we're in at 7th. If we could just get the home record a bit better things would be a bit more optimistic.

ROAD WARRIORS!

Hitchcock's post game press conference was epic. Hope the Blues get their act together worst back to back home games I think I've ever seen and that's saying something because it's the Blues.

I'm enjoying the fact that the avs have 4 days to wait before the next game after two of the shittier efforts so far this season. If those losses don't become a fucking pit in everyone's stomachs by Monday there really is no hope for this team at all.

What the hell, Gamecenter Live specifically says you're allowed to watched the "Condensed Game" recaps of local games that have the full games / replays blacked out, and it works on devices, but in a browser the condensed game link takes you to an error page saying "you can't watch a full replay, but you can watch a condensed one!" Yeah, thanks, trying to do that. Already submitted a support ticket a couple days ago, haven't heard back.

Hitchcock's post game press conference was epic. Hope the Blues get their act together worst back to back home games I think I've ever seen and that's saying something because it's the Blues.

I need to catch up on post game interviews, wasn't feeling it last night.

That said, I felt like his shuffling of the lines last night did absolutely nothing for us. Once or twice the 10-21-91 line clicked (at least 21-91), but disappointing overall. Stewart and AMac had zero chemistry as well.

I'd be okay with sitting Schwartz until he can find his confidence again. Kid has the potential but isn't executing. Put in Dags.

And for the love of fuck put Cole back in.

EDIT: Holy shit Hitch was pissed. "How many times were you yelling 'shoot the puck'. How many times? End of press conference."

I need to catch up on post game interviews, wasn't feeling it last night.

That said, I felt like his shuffling of the lines last night did absolutely nothing for us. Once or twice the 10-21-91 line clicked (at least 21-91), but disappointing overall. Stewart and AMac had zero chemistry as well.

I'd be okay with sitting Schwartz until he can find his confidence again. Kid has the potential but isn't executing. Put in Dags.

And for the love of fuck put Cole back in.

EDIT: Holy shit Hitch was pissed. "How many times were you yelling 'shoot the puck'. How many times? End of press conference."

I think he's switching lines up alot because of the lack of team chemistry right now. Everyone's playing to there own beat it seems. Schwartz needs to sit. Really I think Backes or JLangenbruner needs to give this team a good locker room kick in the ass. We've already seen what this team can do when they play together. There's no excuse for this.

Not to harp on Perron too much, but as good as he's been so far the show boating needs to stop.

ZeroGravity

Guy Boucher in fine form last night.

BoucherFace.gif

belvedere

Junior Butler
I think he's switching lines up alot because of the lack of team chemistry right now. Everyone's playing to there own beat it seems. Schwartz needs to sit. Really I think Backes or JLangenbruner needs to give this team a good locker room kick in the ass. We've already seen what this team can do when they play together. There's no excuse for this.

Not to harp on Perron too much, but as good as he's been so far the show boating needs to stop.

Didn't catch much of the game, but what I saw was confusing. Pre-game Hitch said he was putting the original lines back together because he felt after fucking with them, the chemistry was lost. Yet when I turned the game on, the lines were the most fucked I've ever seen.

Did someone get injured or what?

Tabris

Going into 2014, you have to start with Roberto Luongo. Same way you had to start with Martin Brodeur last time.

Same for America, you have to start with Ryan Miller.

They both earned their spots in 2014 from their play in 2010.

Then they can lose their job to whoever (Carey Price, Corey Crawford for Canadians, Corey Schneider, Jonathan Quick for Americans)

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol Miller would be lucky to get an invite to camp

Quick is starting then Schneider, Howard, Anderson etc fight it out for backup.

Top Bottom