• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Marvie_3

Banned
This thread needs more Ducks/Kings/Sharks fans. There isn't enough salt between the ones here to even give a cat a heart attack yet.

Whenever you guys call the Kings "Queens" that shit hurts man. It fucking cuts deep.

Was looking for a Los Angeles Queens logo to post.

Found this instead.

play_e_hockeystick_576.gif

Acid08

Banned
This thread needs more Ducks/Kings/Sharks fans. There isn't enough salt between the ones here to even give a cat a heart attack yet.

There are probably five or six other Sharks fans that just don't post enough to let the salt rise so fuck 'em. I'm turning on all of Sharks-Age. THE HERO WE DESERVE.

Heretic and Dastardly are just too cool. Got no love for any of these Queens fans, though.

Last shot I ever block

It's odd going from goalie to defense in a pickup or actual game.

I've blocked a few shots using body parts that were no longer padded more than once. God only knows how many times I've hurt myself doing that shit. :lol

TUSR

Banned
That's why I have a full cage on my helmet. :lol

I have a game Saturday and Tuesday, going to put my chrome cage on.

It's odd going from goalie to defense in a pickup or actual game.

I've blocked a few shots using body parts that were no longer padded more than once. God only knows how many times I've hurt myself doing that shit. :lol

The feet and ankles, forearms too.

No kidding. Too bad that isn't a very good place for a wound.

Cant even talk, even with stitches im leaking because of the swelling.

You have balls off steel for even going for it. Good work man.

Thanks, we won the game too. 5-2, think the team rallied for me. Good thing our team manager's girlfriend is a paramedic.

The feet and ankles, forearms too.

Cant even talk, even with stitches im leaking because of the swelling.

Thanks, we won the game too. 5-2, think the team rallied for me. Good thing our team manager's girlfriend is a paramedic.

Broke my left hand once trying to catch a slapper from point blank range like I had my glove on still once. That was... Fun.

Marvie_3

Banned

I used to not have a cage but then I got hit it the face with a stick and knocked a couple teeth loose. Realized that I'd rather not have to shell out a few thousand bucks to get new teeth so I went and got a cage the next day.

I also used to not even play with a helmet but getting taken down and going head first into the boards, getting knocked unconscious, and not remembering where I am stops being fun after a couple times.

Socreges

Banned
Broke my nose this summer going up for a header in soccer. Slightly crooked nose now, though apparently people don't notice. So they say.

Now I wear a full cage. It's a bit awkward, but no one challenges me on headers anymore.

TUSR

Banned
No kidding. Too bad that isn't a very good place for a wound.

Broke my left hand once trying to catch a slapper from point blank range like I had my glove on still once. That was... Fun.

Tips of the finger are bad too, I lost a few nails in junior.

I used to not have a cage but then I got hit it the face with a stick and knocked a couple teeth loose. Realized that I'd rather not have to shell out a few thousand bucks to get new teeth so I went and got a cage the next day.

Ugh, I got luck. An inch or two over more and I wouldn't have front teeth.

Theres a chunk of my face missing.

Marvie_3

Banned
Broke my nose this summer going up for a header in soccer. Slightly crooked nose now, though apparently people don't notice. So they say.

Now I wear a full cage. It's a bit awkward, but no one challenges me on headers anymore.
I helped a guy reset his broken nose during a pickup game once. That was fun.

Tips of the finger are bad too, I lost a few nails in junior.

Ugh, I got luck. An inch or two over more and I wouldn't have front teeth.

Theres a chunk of my face missing.

Yup. Right wrist too. Got tripped in front of the net. Puck got through from the point. Before it got to our goalie, I stuck my roght arm out like I had a blocker on. That shit was fun too!

And got damn dude.

Dastardly, this is what I was talking about yesterday. Got this for my 14th birthday from my sister's then-boyfriend, who was going to make the Ducks before a career-ending injury:

That is fucking GORGEOUS. Wow.

So was he a Ducks draft pick? What round/year?

Kings fans are quiet and proud. Mostly quiet. Isn't there like only three Kings fans here? This thread is too salty and moves too fast for me to keep up with. Also fuck that team that you like. Yeah you.

Quiet? Yeah maybe on NeoGAF. On other bastions of the internet they're vulgar and have a terrible case of Shit Grammar. You only need to see a few comments on a Royal Half post to see what I mean.

TUSR

Banned
God damn man. You're lucky to still have your teeth.

Yeah man, I called my mom and the first thing she asked was if I still had my teeth. Moms.

Yup. Right wrist too. Got tripped in front of the net. Puck got through from the point. Before it got to our goalie, I stuck my roght arm out like I had a blocker on. That shit was fun too!

And got damn dude.

I did the exact same thing 3 weeks ago on my elbow.

My face is turning purple. Woooow.

That is fucking GORGEOUS. Wow.

So was he a Ducks draft pick? What round/year?
Pretty sure he was a later pick, around 92-94. Pretty crazy how one moment he was going to live his dream and play in the NHL, and then the next he was taking business marketing classes. Pretty sure it some sort of leg/knee injury that did him in. Nice guy from what I remember.

EdmondD

Quiet? Yeah maybe on NeoGAF. On other bastions of the internet they're vulgar and have a terrible case of Shit Grammar. You only need to see a few comments on a Royal Half post to see what I mean.[/QUOTE]

I meant they are quiet on NeoGAF since there doesn't seem too be many Kings fans here. Clydefrog and Pickles the Cat are the only ones I can think of right now. Was a dumb joke. Kings fans can be really stupid so I'm not surprised there are some fuckwits on other internet boards. At least my grammar is not too bad right? I think I need more salt to fit in here.

Whenever you guys call the Kings "Queens" that shit hurts man. It fucking cuts deep.

Whenever Queens fans make a Disney reference we end up caring really deeply too. It's like we almost... liked... those movies or something.

Last shot I ever block

Jeezus fuck. 5 man points to you.

There are probably five or six other Sharks fans that just don't post enough to let the salt rise so fuck 'em. I'm turning on all of Sharks-Age. THE HERO WE DESERVE.

Heretic and Dastardly are just too cool. Got no love for any of these Queens fans, though.

Yeah what the hell. We had some quality salt going in 09. And now we got nothing but mutual respect. Gosh darn!

I meant they are quiet on NeoGAF since there doesn't seem too be many Kings fans here. Clydefrog and Pickles the Cat are the only ones I can think of right now. Was a dumb joke. Kings fans can be really stupid so I'm not surprised there are some fuckwits on other internet boards. At least my grammar is not too bad right? I think I need more salt to fit in here.

I getcha. Both of them are pretty quiet. It's like we can't even have a rivalry because Clydefrog is too nice and Pickles is rarely posting. If you can bring the salt next Ducks@Kings game then we'll be all the more better for it ;)

Pretty sure he was a later pick, around 92-94. Pretty crazy how one moment he was going to live his dream and play in the NHL, and then the next he was taking business marketing classes. Pretty sure it some sort of leg/knee injury that did him in. Nice guy from what I remember.

That is amazingly tough. Definitely one of those moments where you'd need a few years to come around from and realise that what you were destined for is something else entirely WHILE dealing with broken dreams.

Good on him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oh ffs you guys ned to see this PM FortunateSon sent me before his ban

what is this I don't even

screw it, I'm going to bed.
Wtf is this cock tease? I could use a great laugh.

This first page is lacking in Salt....

Fuck the Ducks. Fuck Emilio Estevez. Pretty salty right?
There you go you got the hang of it......wait a minute, fuck Emili Estevez?! Fuck you, and your coke snorting Philly sloppy seconds.

Marchand on Ruff calling a timeout at the end of the game:

He wants to be a big shot, and it was not the best play to do, but pretty disrespectful
I'm sure if he's being serious or not

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I still haven't found a decent hockey podcast, which got me thinking of how amazing an NHL-Gaf hockey podcast would be. Hearing all the salt tossed around would blow my mind.

RC

Banned
Think we'd all be able to contribute something resembling a coherent exchange of thoughts and idea's. Or failing that, seeing who can say "fuck you" the loudest.

Think we'd all be able to contribute something resembling a coherent exchange of thoughts and idea's. Or failing that, seeing who can say "fuck you" the loudest.
All of the above always works too. Or if cake boss is there, he can scream some shit about high iq the whole time.

I still haven't found a decent hockey podcast, which got me thinking of how amazing an NHL-Gaf hockey podcast would be. Hearing all the salt tossed around would blow my mind.

Skype podcasts wherein fans of teams playing on a given night talk immense amounts of shit during the game. I'd tune in to that.

Top Bottom