• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Merguson

Banned
Apparently Therrien told Subban there is to be no more triple low fives with Price after a win. No fun allowed.

i65UJiJqkcJiJ.jpg

Quick

Banned
I have absolutely no idea how that would work, but if anyone has any experience with audio stuff, I'd be game.

Skype + Audacity seems straightforward from doing a quick Google search.

I thought you were joking at first......What the fuck Therrien? What a joke, fans love that shit.

Therrien wants them to celebrate the white right way.

Trey

This is hilarious seeing as Lucic intentionally runs goalies, Marchand Submarines players, and Chara run's guys into stanchions.

His point is that those guys can contribute more than fighting.

Scott ain't too bad. His post game interview was decent, and he's actually not completely hopeless on the ice. He puts the puck on net when he gets a chance. About as much as you can ask for from him.

Quick

Banned
Pretty much. My buddy and I were going to start one a few years ago and this is what we were going to use. I like any excuse to use Audacity as well. :D

Just a matter of getting mics or headsets.

Wouldn't mind popping in for the podcast.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The difference being that all those guys can actually play hockey.
So if you can play you can take shots at people? Like others have said Scott didn't jump anyone, everyone knows he's a chimp there to fight, just avoid him. Marchand is probably my most hated player for how much of a troll he + his talent level.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty much. My buddy and I were going to start one a few years ago and this is what we were going to use. I like any excuse to use Audacity as well. :D
Sounds easy then, we'll just have to arrange a time and group. Maybe try starting a weekly wrap type thing?

Socreges

Banned
So if you can play you can take shots at people? Like others have said Scott didn't jump anyone, everyone knows he's a chimp there to fight, just avoid him. Marchand is probably my most hated player for how much of a troll he + his talent level.
That's not what he's saying. But if your exclusive purpose is to take shots at people, then you shouldn't be in the league.

Montresor

Hey PK, if you want to celebrate a win by snorting cocaine off an ice girl's back at centre ice, you can do this in Toronto.

I recorded a couple of podcasts back in the day via Vent and what I used to record it. It seems like theres plenty of people offering their help on the technical side but I thought I would put myself out there too. I edit audio shit all the time so I'm down to help out in any way

If the quality of Skype isn't as good as you were hoping for I would definitely look into Vent

I recorded a couple of podcasts back in the day via Vent and what I used to record it. It seems like theres plenty of people offering their help on the technical side but I thought I would put myself out there too. I edit audio shit all the time so I'm down to help out in any way

If the quality of Skype isn't as good as you were hoping for I would definitely look into Vent

I'd say each person should record at their own end, then put the tracks together. As long as you can synchronize when you hit record, it shouldn't be hard to line the tracks up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
nope

and for the record FortunateSon, stating that it's okay not to like being around mexicans because some people don't like being around the quebecois is like pounding nails into my dick of logic

fuck the Leafs

Hey what the heck man? Leafs gaf already disbanded from him.

But either way good to know in case he ever comes to a toronto meetup.

I'd say each person should record at their own end, then put the tracks together. As long as you can synchronize when you hit record, it shouldn't be hard to line the tracks up.
That could work, but I think recording everyone as a whole would be fine since the podcast should read like a conversation anyway (with people cutting each other off, etc).

What do you feel would be the pros of everyone recording separately?

That could work, but I think recording everyone as a whole would be fine since the podcast should read like a conversation anyway (with people cutting each other off, etc).

What do you feel would be the pros of everyone recording separately?

It'd be the same effect in the end, the conversation is still happening over Skype, it's just that you get clean audio from each person rather than clean audio from one person and everyone else sounds like hell.

It'd be the same effect in the end, the conversation is still happening over Skype, it's just that you get clean audio from each person rather than clean audio from one person and everyone else sounds like hell.
Ah, I got you. In that case I would probably just say that everyone is required a headset so you're not getting that awful feedback/echo. The recording everyone separately would work but it might be a pain to sync/deliver all the files. Plus everyone will have different sound cards which might play into the quality that it records their own mic

Ah, I got you. In that case I would probably just say that everyone is required a headset so you're not getting that awful feedback/echo. The recording everyone separately would work but it might be a pain to sync/deliver all the files. Plus everyone will have different sound cards which might play into the quality that it records their own mic

With USB headsets that shouldn't matter. As for synching, there's already lag on a skype conversation, and you can do thing to set synch points, like everyone joining in a count back from five at the beginning, etc.

When it's done, everyone can just drop their wave file into a dropbox, and one person can assemble the tracks, adjust volumes, maybe a dash of EQ and a hint of compression, and voila!

EdmondD

I prefer the LA Cunts

I like this. Has some real salt to it. Salty bitch. I need someone to teach me to be an insufferable prick so I can fit in around here.

Dastardly, I hate you with the passion of a thousand suns because you like that team that I don't like and I cannot abide that.

Socreges

Banned
I like this. Has some real salt to it. Salty bitch. I need someone to teach me to be an insufferable prick so I can fit in around here.

Dastardly, I hate you with the passion of a thousand suns because you like that team that I don't like and I cannot abide that.
How many times are you going to make the same post? Even we're not that repetitive.

Acid08

Banned

Fuck off dickhead.

With USB headsets that shouldn't matter. As for synching, there's already lag on a skype conversation, and you can do thing to set synch points, like everyone joining in a count back from five at the beginning, etc.

When it's done, everyone can just drop their wave file into a dropbox, and one person can assemble the tracks, adjust volumes, maybe a dash of EQ and a hint of compression, and voila!

I don't think you're going to get any feedback/echo with USB headsets. And honestly, I am all for dong a great job on whatever I'm working on, but I just feel that you can get very similar results by just recording the convo as a whole on one end vs delivering separate recordings, assembling said recordings, treating each host with EQ, etc, with a shitload less work. Also, if someone happened to one of the host's recording process during the podcast, that would fuck everything up. I feel all that work could be spend editing the thing which takes a lot fucking longer for podcasts than you would imagine.

I think it's really up to the people hosting the podcast and if they want to set it up to record their mic and deliver it. If everyone is down, and who ever would be syncing/editing is down then I don't see why it is a problem.

I'm not trying to shit on your idea, but just trying to say that the benefits you would have in post by getting everyone's audio separately wouldn't outweigh the effort required compared to just recording the convo from Skype/Vent.

Top Bottom