• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

ShaneB

Caps play tonight!

OVI IS REVVING UP TO GO!

OvechkinChewing-Wimbledon07032012.gif

That look of determination.

Frightening. Caps are set to dominate.

Please!!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Couple quotes on Letang after his first media interview since the stroke:

Letang said there is very good chance he will play again. Still having bad days physically.
Letang: "If I can come back again this year, it will be great."
Letang said his wife found him on the floor morning of stroke. He was alert but "couldn't function."
Letang said he doesn't intend to have surgery on hole in heart. Doctors believe there is a good chance he will play hockey again.
Letang said he didn't understand the word "stroke" due to language barrier so he had to call his wife to ask what it meant.
Letang: "Difficult part was it being hard on my family. Seeing them crying was tough." #Pens
Letang: "Having another battery of tests in 2-3 weeks and then we'll make a decision from there. I'm going day by day." #Pens
Letang: "My family is worried. That was the difficult part, when you see your mom crying, and your wife crying."

That bolded part :/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Couple quotes on Letang after his first media interview since the stroke:

Letang said there is very good chance he will play again. Still having bad days physically.
Letang: "If I can come back again this year, it will be great."
Letang said his wife found him on the floor morning of stroke. He was alert but "couldn't function."
Letang said he doesn't intend to have surgery on hole in heart. Doctors believe there is a good chance he will play hockey again.
Letang said he didn't understand the word "stroke" due to language barrier so he had to call his wife to ask what it meant.
Letang: "Difficult part was it being hard on my family. Seeing them crying was tough." #Pens
Letang: "Having another battery of tests in 2-3 weeks and then we'll make a decision from there. I'm going day by day." #Pens
Letang: "My family is worried. That was the difficult part, when you see your mom crying, and your wife crying."

That bolded part :/
Damn I didn't know about this. Hope he gets back to full health soon. He really should get that hole fixed if he can though....

Silexx

Re: Letang

To me, what sticks out is that even though he's from Montreal and been playing in the States for a while, he still encounters some trouble with the language barrier.

We take things like this for granted sometimes. Heck, in my case, I struggle with some basic math terms in English because my entire schooling was in French.

OK, let's liven things up a bit around here :

@FarhanLaljiTSN: @strombone1 on Kesler trade rumors, "Whether he wants to go or stay, he's not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends" #canucks

snack

My heart sank a little bit after I saw Kesler on the front page of TSN.ca. Thought he was traded. Thank goodness that didn't happen. He's forever a Canuck. Don't fuck with my Ryan.

Socreges

Banned
Funny but Kesler doesn't have a fucking anchor of a contract.
Bingo. The joke especially rings hollow when coming from people who claimed Luongo was practically untradable. Can't have it both ways.

My heart sank a little bit after I saw Kesler on the front page of TSN.ca. Thought he was traded. Thank goodness that didn't happen. He's forever a Canuck. Don't fuck with my Ryan.
Whether or not he wants out ASAP, I never thought this would be the case. Kesler has never struck me as a franchise guy. He's more of a Bure than a Linden. He'll leave eventually (and probably within 6 months).

iLLmAtlc

Despite Kesler's refuting the report I think it's a moot point. We also know Gillis is taking offers on him so it's not like a situation where a team wouldn't be interested in moving a guy at all without that player wanting out (MSL).

Silexx

Well, I'm off to the Sens-Wings game. Pay no mind to the Greyhound killer thread. I most certainly did not express a seemingly unpopular opinion that a schizophrenic patient (who admittedly did commit a most heinous act) who has been cleared for limited periods of unsupervised freedoms by a full board of medical professionals is not tantamount to unleashing the Zodiac Killer onto the world.

Louis Jean:

The quotes I saw from Kesler were ... cagier than I thought they'd be. It seems pretty simple and obvious that to kill the talk you say "I have never asked for a trade". Instead, it almost seemed like he was equivocating - but then, I'm probably just reading too deeply into this.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, hey, Brad Richards got engaged during the Olympic break. Maybe he'll go into beast mode for the rest of the season now. That would be nice.

Top Bottom